Artur Danielian | Page 20 | Golden Skate

Artur Danielian

MGstyle

Crawling around on the ice after chestnuts
Medalist

Thanks for finding the footage of both Victory ceremony and his Ex performance!! :agree: Oh I see he really likes Italian music :luv17:
OMG that picture with cleaning supplies - :palmf: :rofl::rofl2: That even pales the heap of ice cream packages on the K&C table :laugh2:

When does the official announcement for the Euro team come out??? Any time now, if not already?? I am so anxious!!! :party2:

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Thanks for finding the footage of both Victory ceremony and his Ex performance!! :agree: Oh I see he really likes Italian music :luv17:
OMG that picture with cleaning supplies - :palmf: :rofl::rofl2: That even pales the heap of ice cream packages on the K&C table :laugh2:

When does the official announcement for the Euro team come out??? Any time now, if not already?? I am so anxious!!! :party2:

It's been announced! He's going! A great experience for him to be skating among all those senior skaters.

And I thought that the song was in Spanish :laugh2: It seemed familiar to me and I could have sworn I heard it in English. I feel like that's his rejected SP from last season, cause he said in that magazine he had a lyrical SP and then when he debut last season it was "Puttin on the Ritz." :think:

And them putting ice cream on the table in front of skaters who can't have any was so mean. Me and someone was talking on YouTube and we could have sworn it was sandwiches and were like, "wtf" :laugh:

Oh and on one of his Instastories, you can see the guys go in the K&C. Artur has his bag of cleaning supplies. LOL I think they gave those as a gift to the skaters.

MGstyle

Medalist
It's been announced! He's going! A great experience for him to be skating among all those senior skaters.

And I thought that the song was in Spanish :laugh2: It seemed familiar to me and I could have sworn I heard it in English. I feel like that's his rejected SP from last season, cause he said in that magazine he had a lyrical SP and then when he debut last season it was "Puttin on the Ritz." :think:

And them putting ice cream on the table in front of skaters who can't have any was so mean. Me and someone was talking on YouTube and we could have sworn it was sandwiches and were like, "wtf" :laugh:

YES I just saw his wikipedia page updated and now Euro is listed as TBD!!!! :hap93::peace::cheer: It's a good decision for the future, for him to gain experience - if consistency is an issue, so it is for all the other older Russian boys anyway ;) I really hope he won't get overwhelmed, but just take in the opportunity as it comes and be able to enjoy and have fun!!

Yes the song is sung in Italian, but perhaps it's a translated version from an English song, since the title is "A Thousand Years" - I googled and saw that Fernando Varela is an opera singer, for any opera singer it's their second nature to sing in Italian language!

Those not so discreet sales pitch (?) of the sponsors though ... :scratch2::drama: well at least they didn't make them wear costumes with their logo or jingle on it... Carolina Kostner did on some of the shows in Italy, with a huge garish red logo of Suzuki on her back that was just beyond the limitation of decency :palmf:

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Artur: the main thing is to do it right, but the result is not very important

The Russian Figure Skating Championship in Krasnoyarsk was not rich in intrigue, but it could not do without amazing moments. One of them was the second place in the men's single skating of 16-year-old Artur Danielian, who climbed the podium from 13th place after the first day of competition. Now the young figure skater will have to compete in the Russian national team at the adult European Championship in Austria. After the national championship, Danielian met with TASS correspondents and talked about his family, about how he had nearly completed his career before the start of the season, as well as about his favorite skaters.

Did you expect to qualify for the European Championships?

Absolutely not. I flew to the Russian championship with a few other tasks.

We've been trying too hard, have we?

I showed what I can do. However, only in one program. But it's an incentive to work even harder.

In the short program, you were unsuccessful. Because of this in the free you were one of the first to perform. As an interim leader, you got a place in the green room and ended up sitting there until the end. What was going on in your head at that time?

I was happy with the clean skate, but the place was no longer important. I understood I'd "handed over" the short. What was I thinking? I didn't drive myself with my thoughts, I sat and rooted for the guys.

Elena Germanovna could not fly. Difficult without a coach?

We were constantly in touch, called.

How did she rate your performance? More praised or scolded?

She said, if the short was normal, you know how it would be. So it's the last time this happens.

Have you already compared your level with potential rivals in the European Championship?

No, but the competition is serious. Kevin Aymoz, Matteo Rizzo, Daniel Grassl, Michal Brzezina, Aleksey Bychenko. These are experienced adult athletes, I competed with some of them at a Challenger. They are favorites not only in Europe, but also in the world. I just need to do everything right, and then the result will not be very important.

Remember your first starts?

I remember the start, where I was very upset. Came to Moscow, there was a boy with single jumps. I've got an axel. He was first, I was third. At the expense of spins. Although I didn't have the worst of them either.

Which jump is your friend and which is your enemy?

Friend is the axel, a crown, I guess. The technique was correctly delivered from childhood. Everything was without strain. And the unloved one is the toeloop.

A toeloop? It is considered one of the simplest.

The simplest is the most difficult. We're not friends, let's say, colleagues. I hope we make friends. I'm in the process.

You were born in Volgograd.

I lived there until I was 11-12 years old. Three and a half years ago we moved to Moscow. There are three children in the family. I'm the youngest, have a brother and a sister.

Are they athletes, too?

No, I'm the only one. My parents gave my brother and sister to sports in their teens, but they were more interested in studying. So we have two smart ones and one athlete (laughs). Everything went well for me, spun, tightened. And the parents did everything possible so that this could develop. Dad always said it doesn't matter what happens, you should at least try. I'm trying to please them, trying to prove that it's not for nothing. After starts or on holidays, one toast is always for me so that everything goes well. And for the brother and sister to achieve what they want. We have a lot of support.

Have you got an army of fans?

People write. I answer everything.

Is it adequate?

That's enough. But I understand that you can't please everyone, definitely.

Whose skating are you equating?

Probably Yevgeny Plushenko, Alexey Yagudin. Then Yuzuru Hanyu appeared, then another and more.

Yevgeny has always been uninhibited, free on the ice. How long do you think it takes to achieve this freedom?

We need to work to make the start fun, to get high. Not to count how many more jumps are left and how much you will be "alive" after.

And there were such rentals when you said to yourself, "This is what I gave"?

Free program in Krasnoyarsk, I let go of the situation and skated. And the Junior World Championship. After the fall in the short, plus the deduction for the time. During the free, I felt bad, understood - to skate and sleep. Skated surprisingly clean. About the same as at the Russian championship.

Are you in the mood for a long career in sports?

You have to take your chance, otherwise someone is using it instead of you. You have to get together and take yours, go to the goal you set for yourself.

Do you think about winning the Olympics?

Of course I do. But I understand that time is fast. It seems that the 2018 Olympics have just ended, but in a couple of years there will be another one. Then another and more. But I can't say which one I will fall on, because this is life, everything happens. It depends not only on motivation, but on other factors, primarily health.

You have touched on an interesting topic - motivation. How dependent are you on her? And how long do you think it will last?

At the beginning of the season the motivation was gone. The reason is simple - nothing was "going." But they kept me, told me to get together, to come to my seses, to think for myself what I'm doing wrong. Anyway, this is not the moment when it is necessary to finish, because so much has been passed.

So at that moment you were ready to finish?

Yes, I were. That's what I wrote to my mom, but she said now was not the time. As a result, gradually entered the season, caught fire. After a relatively good start there was a huge desire to work further and achieve goals. Now we have to keep that mindset going.

So, do you need actual confirmation of the correctness of the chosen path?

Maybe, yes. If there is a result, then there is an opportunity to continue to achieve. Starts are the same, differences only in names and ratings, and athletes are the same everywhere. And if I do my job, I get the result and the motivation to work even harder.

Do you stick to some special diet?

Yes, I do. Now we need it. Until some time I had only bones in me, almost always I weighed less than our girls. But at some point there was a jump in growth and, accordingly, the weight rose. But now I've managed to reach a stable weight. Buckwheat, chicken, proper nutrition.

What about sweets?

I love sweets. A little is possible, but if you have eaten, it is necessary to work. Now everything is stable, because there is a load that was not there before. And the jump in growth has more or less stabilized. So it's all right now.

Interviewed by Veronika Sovietova, Vladislav Shchukov

Bing translated.
Google translation link.

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
New interview
https://rsport.ria.ru/20200120/1563619104.html

I can copy/paste it later. I need to go to Schoenbrunn Palace asap, tomorrow Graz and if I don't get lost I can make mens practice and record some stuff!

ETA: found out I can go to both mens practices tomorrow. Practice rink is open to visitors as well as the main rink :shocked:

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
New interview
https://rsport.ria.ru/20200120/1563619104.html

I can copy/paste it later. I need to go to Schoenbrunn Palace asap, tomorrow Graz and if I don't get lost I can make mens practice and record some stuff!

ETA: found out I can go to both mens practices tomorrow. Practice rink is open to visitors as well as the main rink :shocked:

Artur is quite talkative of late. And he talks well :)

Enjoy your stay in Graz and attending the Championships.

MGstyle

Medalist
I just found the previous interview, and got curious so I google translated myself the latest one, and here it is. He definitely speaks like a little sage, quite impressionable at his age. I love the way he solemnly handles some frivolous questions asked by the interviewer :laugh:

16 year-old Russian figure skater Arthur Danielyan, who won the silver in the Russian Championship in December, before the European Championship, told Andrei Simonenko and Anatoly Samokhvalov how he appeared in CSKA Moscow, why he wanted to work with Elena Buyanova and what role Olympic champion Adelina Sotnikova played in his career.

I always liked to be different

- Arthur, after the silver of the Junior World Cup in 2018, you had difficult times.

A: This is due to physical growth, which I continued for one and a half to two years. But now it has become more or less stabilized.

- You are a Volgograd boy who was engaged in figure skating, swimming and tennis. Who were your idols?

A: In those years, I did not closely monitor figure skating, but when I decided that I would consciously and professionally engage in this sport, I began to look at the leaders. Then on top were Evgeni Plushenko and Alexei Yagudin.

- In theory, one of them should be your idol.

A: I did not single out any of them, but was rooting for both and admiring them. I peered at their performances and tried to understand how they jump quadruple or even triple. It was a kind of experience for me.

- These two Olympic champions seemed fantastic?

A: “For me, yes.” But it was long time ago. I then owned only double jumps.

- Champion of Russia Dmitry Aliyev said that in his childhood he closed in the room and repeated every movement of Yagudin's “Man in the Iron Mask”. Did you have something like that?

A: “I would not say that.” I always liked to do my own thing, develop my personality and not be like anyone else.

- But all the same, first you need to see something ingenious so that there is a guideline.

A: Not necessary. You can just try some steps, images, music. You yourself will understand what is yours and what is foreign to you.

- When did you realize that you really have your own style?

A: Literally this year. When I reached the level of junior international starts, I realized that I had some kind of my own style, image, skating, that I stood out.

Communicated in Armenian with Zakaryan

- Once in childhood, one of us was making music, and my mother tried to turn me into another Van Cliburn. But still I wanted to go into the yard and play football. Were you like that with figure skating?

A: I did well everywhere, so I did not have such complexity. Training, and in the evening I went for a walk and play football.

- Who were you on the football pitch?

A: I was Artur, who took the ball, ran and scored without any feints and other things.

- Who was your idol?

A: Lionel Messi.

- What about your local team Volgograd Rotor?

A: I have never been to a stadium.” I really did not follow football, I didn’t collect fan gadgets, and I watched cartoons on TV. And figure skating when shown. And now I’m definitely not up to football. Then it at least was in my yard, but now the sport is completely gone from my life.

- You were born in Volgograd. Have you been to Armenia?

A: Yes, at a recent stage of the Junior Grand Prix in Yerevan. And before that, it was a very long time ago, when Rodnina’s rink was just opened there. But I speak Armenian, we communicate in the family in two languages ​​without restrictions.

- And with (producer, author of the ISU Skating Awards project idea) Ari Zakaryan?
A: He asked whether I know Armenian. We talked during the Russian Championship in Krasnoyarsk.

- A lot of family funds went into figure skating classes?

A: Dad worked, and my mother worked with me. We did not need anything, so my mother was calmly immersed in my figure skating, and drove me to additional training. I didn’t have much ice time, but I needed to practice. Every day, at least one session, in addition to it, had to go to choreography, to OFP. I skated almost everyday - the skating rink, physical training, choreography.

At CSKA, everyone was shy at first

- Parents immediately supported the need to move to Moscow, when it became clear that their son needed to grow?
A: My previous coach went to my mother and said personally that I need to move on, since she will not be able to train me on a triple axel and quadruples. “If possible, move,” she said. Mom asked me who I would like to go to study with. I replied: "To Elena Germanovna (Buyanova)."

“How did you know her?”
A: After the Olympics in Sochi, I became interested. I watched all kinds of videos with Elena Germanovna and Adelina (Sotnikova, 2014 Olympic champion). Inspired by her and wanted to try to learn from Elena Germanovna. I knew that Maxim was training with her (Kovtun, four-time champion of Russia).

- And did Yulia Lipnitskaya, the Olympic champion in Sochi in team competitions, not catch on with the coach Eteri Tutberidze?
A: I felt that I had to go to Elena Germanovna.

- Buyanova immediately accepted you?
A: Initially, I got to the training camp in Novogorsk to Viktor Nikolayevich Kudryavtsev. And then asked for a try-out with CSKA. He came, but Elena Germanovna did not. Passed by Mikhail Magerovsky. Then I showed my triples to Elena Germanovna. I jumped separately, without cascades. The training ended, Elena Germanovna shook my hand and said: "See you in June."

- In those moments, you dreamed of becoming a world champion as quickly as possible?

A: Then I did not think so far, did not even dream about junior medals, because initially I did not know how long I would stay in CSKA. Will I have the strength, patience, will I withstand the Moscow load.

- When you first saw Sotnikova, what did you feel?
A: It was very emotional. Here I am, and here she is next.

- Wanted to take a picture?
A: I took pictures with her back in Sochi, after the Olympic season Adelina came to perform at the Russian Cup stage. Then she signed me an autograph. My first training camp at CSKA was held in Kislovodsk, where we talked. Initially, I was shy with everyone in CSKA. Then they started to talk to me so that I would feel comfortable and calm in the new environment.

MGstyle

Medalist
@Remyrose do enjoy the Graz experience to the max!!! (and the little Vienna sighteseeing as well!) :cool::agree:
I am beyond upset, I just discovered I could have been there after all a few days ago. I received an Email from the volunteer organizer and found out I was in, and scheduled to start 2 days later, on Saturday :eek::eekn: - I had applied just for the heck of it last year and sort of forgot about it, because I wasn't actually expecting anything for real. I could have overlooked the previous communication and chucked it away along with a heap of spams I receive everyday :palmf: It was utterly impossible I could arrange for the trip in such a short notice, I had to decline. :drama::tantrum::sad4:
What an missed opportunity :sad21: well at least I let my spirit fly over there in support of him and several other "kids" of mine! :luv17:

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Thanks @MGstyle and @Edwin.

@MGstyle, yeah this trip is totally last minute. I wasn't planning on going because I didn't expect Artur to make it. Luckily the men have a good roster, I will cheer for them all!

Now let's see if I can make it to either practice. Transportation doesn't seem the most convenient. Lots of transfers, lots of time.

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Made it to the final practice at the other rink! They have wifi, it's also very cold.

Artur jumps looked really good this morning. He made very few errors. The only jump that's not at all ready is the quad loop. Not close (forward landings) and the only 2 falls at practice.

I don't know if it's because I'm lacking food/water but I could have sworn he did a 3lz/3r, looked easy, wondering why he doesn't include it or the 3lz/3t rippon he did right before it, which looks great as well.

Happy to report the quad sal has a much more success rate than at Jr. Worlds. Popped one but the other four were better than he's done so far in competition! Well, hopefully he's starting to have confidence on them, we'll see tomorrow!

I'll upload the 1st practice video later tonight. It's a long way back to Graz proper and another 1 hr+ before Artur (hopefully) skates again.

ETA: went back and watched one of the vids and I wasn't hallucinating on at least one element, 3A/3t/3loop in his run through.

IndiaP12

iliabot wakabot gumennikbot team korea stan
Final Flight
Country
New-Zealand
Young Artur doing rippons? And quad loop? Well, great to see he is so eager to advance his technical content

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
I only was able to watch Artur skating, having to sneak out of work for this one performance I did not want to miss.

He was great, did great and had every reason to be proud and pleased with himself after finishing.

Now he needs to keep his calm, his nerves and his wits about him and repeat a likewise performance in the free skating. Top 10 finish for sure, top 5 clearly possible, medalling is also possible depending how the older, more experienced competitors do.

MGstyle

Medalist
Quite personally, he was clearly the brightest spot of the event!!! He did so well, pity about the axel but he kept himself together, I am so, so proud of him!! Fingers and everything crossed for a likewise performance in the free, as he did at the Russian Nationals - I am afraid he does have a handicap for his relative anonymity in the senior rank internationally, but if he can perform to his best, anything is possible.
One thing I wish for him is to make a little more eye contact with the judges and the public, instead of looking at the ice, which will definitely make a world of difference making more impact. Hopefully it will come with more experience and good guidance.
I just love his Verdi program, which showcases his light, lilting musicality to the max. Let us happily hum along as you skate tomorrow evening, and may you be happy and satisfied with what you will have accomplished in Graz! Davai Artur! :cheer::hap10:

eppen

Medalist
Country
Spain
Artur made me happy today - first euros and not holding back! Loved the speed and flow of his skating 😍

E