Artur Danielian | Page 23 | Golden Skate

Artur Danielian

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Another interview from Euros
https://sport24.ru/news/other/2020-...vropy-roste-fernandese---foto-video-instagram

Video version https://youtu.be/77PavlJ8ZgI

"I do not want to lag behind the girls." European vice-champion Danielyan - about quadruples, growth, idols and the World Cup

-Do you feel a lot of attention to yourself after silver at the European Championship?
- Yes. After the championship of Russia there were many messages, congratulations. Now they are twice as many, and getting such comments is twice as pleasant.

- Your performance ends, you get into the final pose. What are your thoughts at this moment?
- Why did I fall from Lutz. (Laughs.) That was the only thought. I say to myself: “You made a complex element, but fell from the triple lutz. Is it crazy, or what? ”Everything went as I expected, but at some point this error occurred.

- What did you think about when you saw the grades and realized that you had become a leader?
- At first I saw that in the free program I took third place. I thought that I lost some hundredths in total to those who had already skated, and now I’ll lower below. But in the end, I had enough for leadership. I see that I am the first, and ahead there are two skaters left to skate - Dmitry Aliyev and Michal Brzezina. Emotions at this moment covered immediately. I looked at the coaches to see if they understood what had happened. Then we rejoiced together.

- What was their first reaction?
- They were also happy, but they said that such mistakes should not be made at the European Championship.

- How did you prepare for this tournament?
- With great desire, without nerves. I was calm, there was even a premonition of a great holiday. We had a good mood and self-confidence. I felt some joy already in training. It performed easily.

- Although many athletes lose their shape after the New Year holidays. Did you have something like that?
“Surprisingly, no.” I did not have many days to rest. I went out on the ice on the evening of January 2. My form by that time did not have time to get lost. The day went round, the next he collected all the triples, and that same evening he made a triple axel and a quadruple salchow. After that, work began on the rolling programs.

- How are you with growth? How fast are you growing, and are jumps not lost because of this?
- Now, pah-pah-pah, it’s not going like such big leaps. A big leap has already taken place. Now, heavy loads prevent the body from growing rapidly. I add a maximum of one or two centimeters in a couple of months.

- Do you think you will end up growing very much?
- If you look at dad, grandfather, brother, then there is the possibility that I will grow a little more. Brother - 185 cm, father - 179. Something between, perhaps, will be (according to ISU, Arthur's height is 169 cm. - Sport24).

- At the European Championship you made the quadruple salchow. Do you work on other quads?
- Of course. Now I am in the form that allows me to learn and jump on new quads. I work on everything except the flip. Sometimes a problem with an edge creeps out - at some starts the judges set, at some - not. Sometimes naminas appear on the legs, so we approach this process of studying complex jumps carefully and wisely.

- Which of the four, besides the salchow, is better than the others?
- Probably, while the Rittberger is closer.

- Is it likely that he will appear in the programs before the end of the season?
- I don’t want to make any plans yet. Now I’m working to stabilize and show it as soon as possible.

- How are you doing with your studies?
- I have OGE this year. It’s necessary to prepare. Hard of course. But I hope I will pass the exams somehow and everything will be fine.

- What are you going to take?
- Since I'm going to coach, of the additional it will be biology and social studies.

- Do you often go to school?
- No, I have home schooling. Therefore, I am more often at home than at school.

- Do you follow the competitions in figure skating, where do you not take part?
- Yes, both for adults and juniors, including the usual starts, which take place in Moscow, St. Petersburg and the regions.

- Who is your idol in figure skating?
- No matter how strange it sounds, still Javier Fernandez. When I recognized him, I immediately liked him as an athlete, as an artist on ice. I like his jumps, giving himself in the programs, mood, communication with the public. He hooked me the most.

“Did you notice that you are a little like him?”
- They talked a lot about this. Is it just that I'm dark too. (Laughs.)

- What joke about figure skating did you laugh the last time?
- Today, just two or three people threw a meme with me and Fernandez. Just yesterday I laughed at the joke where I stand with the flag.

- Now you’re going to look at the rentals of our girls. What do you expect to see?
- It is very interesting to observe. I will really root for ours.

- What do you think when you see how they jump the most difficult jumps?
- I do not want to be left behind. I am very glad that the girls have stepped over this step and are developing in terms of quadruples, they prove that they can do it. Equality appears between male and female skating. Previously, boys were with quadruple, girls with triple. One is harder, the other is easier. Now everything is almost equal. At least in the Russian team.

- Would you like to compete with them?
- Although I am in the masculine, and they are in the feminine, I sometimes compare the results and the elements.

- At the Russian Championship, girls scored even more than boys.
- Yes, Anya Shcherbakova passed us. But she has more expensive quadruples.

- What are your plans for the rest of the season?
- Everyone will tell me, I don’t know anything yet. While I continue to prepare. My task is to perform at the remaining starts with pleasure, to get high, to skate with a fighting spirit.

- I personally would like to speak at the adult world championship?
- It would be interesting. But this is a difficult question, you need to think a lot and weigh everything.

“At the end of the interview, I would like to thank my coaches, my entire team, my fans, friends, family and our federation,” Arthur concluded.

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker

Sofia

Lil sweetheart has big ideas
On the Ice
I have mixed feelings towards these show stuff during preparation for WC (won't go into details, for I do not wish to dig into my old negative opinion of Buyanova), but I want to trust her this time.

Wouldn't complain to see a bit more of Artur on ice :p

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Seriously, the show is only on Sat and Sun. That's hardly going to disturb his training, not to mention he's breaking in new boots and is probably on his break before training resumes. What he does with his free time is his business. Worlds is 6.5 weeks away.

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Artur will answer question live tomorrow. So if you can write in Russian, you can submit questions here.
https://www.instagram.com/p/B8RgaXEJiwh/

I'm obviously too old to know who Noah Schnapp is. :laugh: I had to look him up (cute kid) :biggrin: Artur looks like him? :laugh:

I wonder if it is like the one with Savosin. I watched, no clue what they were saying but a transcript came out later that I could read. Hopefully it's like that one.

ETA: oh and there's this http://www.ltk-cska.ru/photoalbums/13-fotosessiya-s-medalyami-chempionata-evropyi/

Pics of the kiddies with Artur and his Euro medals!

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States

Oh, I hope you guys enjoyed this! :devil: According to Irina, she asked him who choreographed this, and he said Buianova/Mikhailov. They wanted something fun. They sent him the music and he agreed right away because this is the music he asked them for, for a program next season, just a different tempo. He is not sure they will let him have it for next season though :laugh: So this question didn't make it on air so she asked in private.

Another poster asked him what his favorite Armenian foods are: Gata, khashlama and papa's kebabs.

Another if he is moving up to seniors. He was unsure.

I only managed to find this on MatchTV from the broadcast so far:
Russian figure skater Artur Danielian spoke about the decision to speak at the World Championships in Montreal, and also shared his expectations from the tournament.

- The decision was made by my coaches and the federation. They also asked my opinion. We agreed, and I am very glad that such a decision was made.
I expect even more excitement from the World Cup, because there will be even more cool athletes. For me it will be something new. The goal is to show clean skating. Now I’ll roll the program, teach the other quadruples, and then we'll see.”
https://news.sportbox.ru/Vidy_sport..._reshenije_o_jego_uchastii_v_chempionate_mira

Russian figure skater Artur Danielian talked about how he manages to combine professional sports with study at school.

- Now I do not appear much at school. And when I studied in Volgograd, the guys always supported me.
I don’t know how the others are, but it’s difficult for me to combine my studies with figure skating. Probably, even speaking at the World Cup will be easier than passing the OGE. Even a test exam.” Danielian said during a live broadcast.
https://news.sportbox.ru/Vidy_sport...ije_Legche_vystupit_na_ChM_chem_sdat_ekzameny

Batsuchan

Medalist
:luv17::luv17::luv17: such a worthy fan fiction!!!!
"after a ball in an Austrian castle after the competition, two young skaters dance for the first time in the Waltz. to their misfortune, fate does everything to separate them. opposing coaches, unexpected accidents, intrigues of teammates - they are not allowed to see more often. Together they have to prove that they are above the vain hostility of Moscow sports schools, and try to prevail together"

opposing coaches... one of them in particular will be a perfect cast for the cruella deville role :laugh2::rofl:

Well, I know we're not supposed to talk about fan fiction here, but I *may* have seen a fanfic about two young skaters trying to waltz together at a ball on a certain Russian fanfic site... :biggrin: ;)

It seems we are not the only people who thought they looked cute together! :biggrin:

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Artur is an inspiration to those young boys and girls.

And he is having a good media presence, comes over well.

He is really an asset, not only for CSKA, but for the whole or Russian figure skating.

No doubt, Artur and Anna themselves know by now of this fictitious movie poster and are having a good laugh over it. Who knows, they even might appreciate it ...

AlimaAsh

On the Ice
*squeals* a 40 minute video of Artur sitting and answering questions? That’s the content I need. I will look at it in the evening and might translate some interesting questions to you guys if I have time :)

AfattyCat

Spectator
*squeals* a 40 minute video of Artur sitting and answering questions? That’s the content I need. I will look at it in the evening and might translate some interesting questions to you guys if I have time :)
Wow, thank you!I just started learning Russian, and I can read some short articles,but can't understand video interview s in Russian......thank you for your help!

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States

Thanks for the translation as always :agree: If you find time, of course I'll read it!

And here is the text version of the video.

Google translate link.

ETA: So the program question did kinda make it on air. He said he provided the coaches with music and wants a fun and a lyrical program. And he mentioned Ed Sheeran (LOL, I only know him from GoT).

And I hope he goes to Worlds with the same content he did at Euros :slink: He needs jump content he can execute well. After 4CC, he is going into Worlds with the 12th highest SB of those going.

Sofia

Lil sweetheart has big ideas
On the Ice
Thanks a lot! I stayed up a bit for the live broadcast, but only managed to watch user chats :palmf: Poor Internet connection :(

Love his answers, honest as always. Now I'm curious to see how that music works for him in competition (just for the sake of curiosity, though).

Batsuchan

Medalist
Thanks for the translation as always :agree: If you find time, of course I'll read it!

And here is the text version of the video.

Google translate link.

ETA: So the program question did kinda make it on air. He said he provided the coaches with music and wants a fun and a lyrical program. And he mentioned Ed Sheeran (LOL, I only know him from GoT).

And I hope he goes to Worlds with the same content he did at Euros :slink: He needs jump content he can execute well. After 4CC, he is going into Worlds with the 12th highest SB of those going.

So Artur is watching "Vampire Diaries" now, huh? :laugh:

I'm sure I know who recommended that show to him. :yes: In fact, he even named her as one of his favorite singles skaters. :agree:

Wishing Artur good luck at Worlds! Hopefully he doesn't think about how big a stage Worlds is and can just skate his best! :hap10:

AlimaAsh

On the Ice
Some questions from the 40 minute Q& A:

What do you do in your spare time? I study at school and on the weekends hang out with my friends.

Which country do you want to visit? Probably Canada, Montreal :)

Favorite jump? 3 Lutz, 3 Axel. Well I don’t have a full set of quads yet but i have the salchow so that’s my favorite quad.

Plans for next year programs? I already told my coaches about one song, they said they will think about it.

How hard are quads and how are you training them? Yes I train quads but once I will show them I will be completely sure I have them.

Are you scared for Worlds? No I am really excited. I think there is no point in fear, you need to enjoy the time.

Now that the Euros are over, what do you think about the results? I am happy about the results but the programs could be better :)

Who are you close to in the national team? I am pretty friendly with everyone, some people I am closer to, some people not so.

what came first, egg or chicken? If an egg is coming from a chicken, probably the chicken?? :)

Do you have an idol or a person who you really look up to? There are two people who I completely look up to, that’s my parents who do everything to help me succeed.

Do you keep in contact with your coaches from Volgograd? Yes I do keep up with them, one of my old coaches is at CSKA though. But I come to Volgograd only once a year.

Do you read in the internet what people/fans talk about you? Of course, I really like to read what people talk about ke and it’s nice to read nice things.

How do you prepare for a skate? Different each time, but usually I just envision the skate in my head and think about something different to the skate.

Do you have a favorite program of yours? I absolutely love all my programs, even from my childhood. I really love a Spanish program from my childhood and the current SP. I think I like the SP a bit more than others :)

Who is your favorite skater among the Russian girls? All girls are amazing, were and will always be, but probably Adelina, Masha and Alena Kostornaya.

Do you watch all skating competitions eg Ice Dance, Pairs, Singles? Sometimes I don’t watch Ice Dance, but sometimes I watch it more than others. I don’t know, I watch everything.

He said he doesn’t allow his parents to watch his programs live, even online.

Do you have most valuable medals? Every medal is valuable but probably Euros and the Nationals this year.

Are you reading any books now? Or what are your favorites? Right now my books are just my textbooks :) But I started reading this one book (didn’t catch the name) but we will see how it goes.

Do you want to perform a program based on Harry Potter? Never thought about it, but that’s a good suggestion.

What is your coach’s opinion about you? I have a lot of coaches but all of them love me :)

Who do you dedicate your medals to? My mom probably, because she is the person who worries the most about me and supports me whatever the outcome.

Are you doing any other Averbukh shows in other locations? Unfortunately no, I participated only in those two shows because we had some time off after Euros.

Did you watch Dima and Michal skate at Euros? Michal skated after me so I watched him on the Internet but I of course watched Dima, both the SP and FS.

Did something change after you debuted at Senior competitions? The debut was unexpected, and is not fully dome yet. At Euros, I looked at everyone with wide eyes and looked at their jumps, technique, learning from them. I was just ‘wow’.

Did you have any worries and anxieties at Euros? No, I was really prepared and excited to perform, as well as committed to showing myself on a larger stage.

What goals and expectations are you setting yourself for Worlds? Expectations - be even more excited and amazed than at Euros because of all the amazing skaters. Goals - be clean. I am practicing new quads and practicing hard now.

Are there any interesting concepts you would like to try? Of course, but I am not sure whether I want them to be exhibition programs or actual programs. But I do tell my coaches my ideas.

Favorite music? I have tons of favorite music and listen to so much music. Every day, I find a new song and listen to it until it becomes annoying, and that’s every day. Mostly foreign songs, but Russian too sometimes.

What motivates me? The results this season, and they drive me forward to work even harder because I understand I can achieve things if I work well.

What about costumes, how do you prepare costumes? What would happen if you suddenly grew and “bam” your costume doesn’t fit? The costumes are decided by my choreographers and costume people, they think of them and discuss them. About the second part, if I grew in height, usually just make the pants longer, if it’s small, that means I got fat.

How long did you train? 13 years, I think.

Who is your idol among Russian skaters? That’s a very hard question because everyone goes through a lot and everyone is their own hero.

I want to skate something very fun and exciting in one program, and something more lyrical in the other. but we will see.

The hardest thing in Figure Skating? Skating out your new boots.

Did you used to play football (soccer)? Of course, not that much anymore, but I always used to play after skating.

Place you want to visit? In Armenia, there is a lake Sivan, I really want to see it. Also, Big Ben in London.

Favorite music artist you want to skate EX to? Ed Sheeran, I have two songs that I really love and I would want to skate to them, either competitively or in exhibitions.

AlimaAsh

On the Ice
How to overcome stress? Probably think about something else, distract yourself. Listen to music, there are so many ways and you need to find yours.

Do you have time for TV shows and if yes, what’s your favorite? Yes, I can always find time to watch shows :) I usually watch russian tv shows, ie Grand, Kukhnya, Voroniny, but out of western ones - Skam, and now I am watching Vampire diaries but it’s so long I don’t know when I will be able to finish :)

Do you play any other sports or are a fan of other sports? Any favorite teams? No, not really. Can look at results but not really committed to any other sports.

Your average day? In the morning, I warm up, come to the rink, warm up, on the ice, them practice the programs on the ground or OFP(?) then come out, practice again, then come home and do homework, eat, sleep. Wednesday and Saturday is half-day off, skate in the morning and OFP and Sunday is a day off too.

You participated in ice shows with other skaters of our country? Yes, I went on two shows with Averbukh and his team.

What is more important - OFP or choreography? If you want to be good, you have to do both. OFP for stamina and general health and choreography for fluidity.

What motivates you right now? Participating in big competitions and seeing and competing with legendary skaters.

Do parents go with you to competitions? Only until I was 7, not now.

Favorite film? Hmmm very hard!! Ah, probably Legend Number 7 (russian film), or any other one I forgot right now.

Is Elena Buyanova strict? What can she be mad about? She is not strict, she expects a lot and wants you to be committed and skate not just to ‘skate’, but to fully perform. She criticizes me if I can’t skate all jumps in the program and melt down, but that happens rarely now.

Any funny moments in your career? Probably Junior Worlds 2018, when some boys were still skating but I was at the sidelines eating pop corn, not realizing I will have to run around half the arena to the award ceremony. Also, at the Russian Nationals when I skated FS in the first group, but I had to sit at the sofas for 2-3 groups and no one let me out :)

What are your favorite programs in modern figure skating? Modern figure skating? Can only speak about this season, I like Nathan Chen and Dima Aliev’s free skate.

You talked about this before, how hard it is for you to be in 9th Grade and also skate at these kinds of competitions? To be honest, i don’t know how it’s like for others, but for me it’s very hard!! Honestly, i think it’s easier for me to skate at Worlds than to do the first exams for OGE (national 9 Grade exams) so we will see.

Do you think your programs are going to be harder at Worlds? Well, I would want to make them harder but it’s up to my coaches. He also said that he is ready to make it harder.

Oh and at some point, he also answered a question about whether he wants to be able to beat Yuzuru (some questions are so weird, I swear), he said well he will have to try absolutely crazy hard and up his content if he wants to be any close to Yuzuru.

That’s pretty much it! I skipped some questions if they weren’t that interesting/ repeated, or if I just didn’t have time :)