Artur Danielian | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Artur Danielian

ewdokia

On the Ice
IFS magazine: ARTUR DANIELIAN: ZERO TO JUNIOR HERO
It's in English, a rehash of the last 2 interviews.
Thank you so much for the Link! :)

Artur’s interviews are always interesting to read. He always comes across so mature given his young age and then you’ll always find a surprising little something. I’m, however, really curious how Artur’s love for baking and cooking will develop taking into account that skaters as a rule have to strictly keep their weight. :laugh:

After watching some clips of the test skates I’m by the way not so much devastated any longer that Artur couldn’t participate. Just think if he would have had troubles to land his freshly learned quad. I can pretty much imagine how Gorshkov and other officials would have asked him why he can’t do a quad when even girls can land it. :(

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Thank you so much for the Link! :)

Artur’s interviews are always interesting to read. He always comes across so mature given his young age and then you’ll always find a surprising little something. I’m, however, really curious how Artur’s love for baking and cooking will develop taking into account that skaters as a rule have to strictly keep their weight. :laugh:

After watching some clips of the test skates I’m by the way not so much devastated any longer that Artur couldn’t participate. Just think if he would have had troubles to land his freshly learned quad. I can pretty much imagine how Gorshkov and other officials would have asked him why he can’t do a quad when even girls can land it. :(

Nothing grates my nerves more. Boys develop a lot later than girls and he is one of 2 boys that's 14-15, that I know of, that's even trying the quad. Hell most are still trying to get their 3a. And I'm sure it doesn't help any of the boys self esteem to be made to feel lesser because a girl can do it. But i'm sure he would have had a diplomatic answer for Gorshkov and company.

And he posted a picture of a cake a couple weeks ago on his Instagram https://orig00.deviantart.net/7af6/f/2018/225/5/b/2018_08_13_20_53_49_by_jemestone-dck2tmj.png. If that's what his homemade cake looks like, he's got mad skills :points: Surely he doesn't really eat a whole lot of what he cooks since he's only mentioned pizza and cake :laugh:

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Danielian heals the injury and should start at the later stages of the junior Grand Prix

Silver medalist of the World Junior Championship of the season-2017/18, Russian Arthur Danieian is on a recovery course after injury and plans to perform at the final stages of the junior Grand Prix series, RIA Novosti reported. Buyanova.

The series of junior Grand Prix starts on Thursday in the stage in Bratislava. The final stages will be held in October, and the Grand Prix finals will be held on December 6-9 in Vancouver.

"Artur has a minor injury, but it must be cured to the end. He had a bruise, and at the same time active growth began, so we take very cautious preparations for his entire training. First full recovery, then competition.

We are guided that he will still perform at two stages of the Grand Prix series, but on the last. I hope so, "said Buyanova.

Source: https://rsport.ria.ru/figure_skating/20180822/1140742146.html

No wonder he started posting again on social media :laugh: I hope he is okay and ready, if not, no biggie, health first :pray:

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
2018/19 programs
SP: "Puttin' on the Ritz"
Choreographers: Tatyana Tarasova and Nikita Mikhailov
FP: La Traviata and Rigoletto
Choreographer: Nikita Mikhailov

I think they changed his SP as I wouldn't consider "Puttin' on the Ritz" as lyrical as per his IFS interview :think:

ETA: Okay after listening to La Traviata and Rigoletto for hours I will freely admit that was A LOT to take in :slink: But I actually found two pieces I know and like! La Donna È Mobile (Rigoletto) and libiamo ne' lieti calici (La Traviato) :biggrin: I wait, with :popcorn: as I can't picture him in either program :laugh:

ewdokia

On the Ice

Thank you! That’s great news. That’s only one more month to go. So we can assume Artur is healthy now and practices jumps again. :yahoo:

2018/19 programs
SP:
ETA: Okay after listening to La Traviata and Rigoletto for hours I will freely admit that was A LOT to take in :slink: But I actually found two pieces I know and like! La Donna È Mobile (Rigoletto) and libiamo ne' lieti calici (La Traviato) :biggrin: I wait, with :popcorn: as I can't picture him in either program :laugh:
I’m really happy with that music choice and can already picture Artur with that music so well. Alexei Urmanov skated to Rigoletto in the SP in 1994 when he won OG:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4j8Imb-AIhA

It’s a great music choice for Artur: you need great lines for that, good presence and energy on the ice and also good skating skills as to this type of music you certainly can’t crawl over the ice – Artur has all these qualities, so it will highlight his strengths. And I think it’s very clever that his SP and LP will be totally different styles, so he and his team can show the judges how versatile he is and that he can skate to any kind of music. :)

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I’m really happy with that music choice and can already picture Artur with that music so well. Alexei Urmanov skated to Rigoletto in the SP in 1994 when he won OG:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4j8Imb-AIhA

It’s a great music choice for Artur: you need great lines for that, good presence and energy on the ice and also good skating skills as to this type of music you certainly can’t crawl over the ice – Artur has all these qualities, so it will highlight his strengths. And I think it’s very clever that his SP and LP will be totally different styles, so he and his team can show the judges how versatile he is and that he can skate to any kind of music. :)

Kurt Browning said Artur isn't exactly fast and has trouble covering the ice :laugh: I hope that changed since you can't crawl on the ice to this one :biggrin: But seriously, it seems you have to be an extrovert to skate to the short and with the long, well....I can't picture either of it. Not saying he can't do well with them, just I can't visually see it in my head. But I am excited nevertheless, like I said, I'll be waiting with :popcorn: I hope he excels at them both because obviously I want him to succeed. Please Elena B. do not dress him like Urmanov :devil:

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
So Artur is assigned to both Ljubljana (JGP #6) and Yerevan (JGP #7)! Good luck :agree:

ewdokia

On the Ice
Kurt Browning said Artur isn't exactly fast and has trouble covering the ice :laugh:
I think Aturs skatings skills are just fine. Did Kurt Browning made that comment with reference to Aturs free skate at JW? Cause I had the impresseion that he skated a bit slower there as apparently he very much wanted to skate clean and thus didn’t want to risky anything. Also he was one of the younger competitors, of course some 18 year old guys might be faster than him for now. I bet that his coaching team worked a lot on skating skills while he was not allowed to jump. :)

Please Elena B. do not dress him like Urmanov :devil:
She is not Mishin. :biggrin:

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I think Aturs skatings skills are just fine. Did Kurt Browning made that comment with reference to Aturs free skate at JW? Cause I had the impresseion that he skated a bit slower there as apparently he very much wanted to skate clean and thus didn’t want to risky anything. Also he was one of the younger competitors, of course some 18 year old guys might be faster than him for now. I bet that his coaching team worked a lot on skating skills while he was not allowed to jump. :)

Yes, it was during JW. I don't think he was talking about Artur's skating skills, which are good for his age and I think lots of people would agree including Kurt who seemed rather impressed but of course it can always be improved. We will see what his non-jumping elements look like next week. Team Buyanova has not been good with the levels so far. Not worried about his spins, although he is not above errors there, but the footwork levels from the team have been low.

She is not Mishin. :biggrin:

Can't even think about the costume right now :drama::laugh:

Good news, no quad attempt for Ljubljana :agree: Apparently he just got his 3 axel back approx. 2 weeks ago. Good luck to him because Ljubljana is the most stacked field yet :thumbsup:

ewdokia

On the Ice
Good news, no quad attempt for Ljubljana :agree: Apparently he just got his 3 axel back approx. 2 weeks ago. Good luck to him because Ljubljana is the most stacked field yet :thumbsup:
I’m so nervous for him now. I’m happy they won’t risk the quad, but as you mentioned the field is strong, not only internationally, but Artur will compete in both events against other Russian Juniors who already won a GP event. In any case I’m looking forward to finally seeing him in competition again. :yahoo:

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I’m so nervous for him now. I’m happy they won’t risk the quad, but as you mentioned the field is strong, not only internationally, but Artur will compete in both events against other Russian Juniors who already won a GP event. In any case I’m looking forward to finally seeing him in competition again. :yahoo:

Haha, i took half a day off so I could see this live. Too many guys I'm rooting for! Too bad we have no practice reports because I'm so nervous about the state of his jumps and I don't like surprises :drama::laugh:

Sneak peek at his SP https://www.instagram.com/p/Boe2cwUDKpy/?taken-by=figure_skating_league

ewdokia

On the Ice
Haha, i took half a day off so I could see this live.
I guess we have the same problem then? Too many skating events, not enough vacation! :laugh:

Haha, i took half a day off so I could see this live. Too many guys I'm rooting for! Too bad we have no practice reports because I'm so nervous about the state of his jumps and I don't like surprises :drama::laugh:

Sneak peek at his SP https://www.instagram.com/p/Boe2cwUDKpy/?taken-by=figure_skating_league
Thank you this looks good! :thumbsup:

About practices: you can still get a surprise. I watched practices at Nepala trophy – Polina did so well and completely fell apart in competition. Sergei on the other hand popped so many quads that I thought if he had to pay me $ 10 for each pop, I could have covered my accommodation cost. But then quads worked quite well in competition. So let’s just wait and see, we will know soon (pretending being cool, but already biting nails :popcorn:).

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Ljubljana Cup SP https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NFnx3hwkShM

He seemed nervous and didn't quite perform as the music demanded and his spins were slow. But other than that, he looked good for his first outing.

He looked so disappointed in the KnC when his scores came up, almost as if he was going to cry. Cheer up Artur, it's not the end of the world. Good luck in the free :agree:

QueenOfTheRoad

Final Flight
Country
Germany
He broke my heart, he was so sad. Next time will get better scores, it is always like this the first time one presents his program.

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
He broke my heart, he was so sad. Next time will get better scores, it is always like this the first time one presents his program.

Yeah he seemed nervous and he gave such a sigh of relief when he finished. I wonder if he feels pressure? Patiently waiting for the protocol, his TES were low.