Artur Danielian | Page 6 | Golden Skate

Artur Danielian

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Too bad about the popped axel, as pretty as it was :laugh: Not a disaster by any means. They went home and fixed his steps so that's something. I didn't think it went with the music towards the end like the one last week but who cares as long as he gets the level :devil: Still on the fence about this SP. He's so introverted and I don't know if I'm buying what he's selling but that's alright, it's always good for skaters to try new styles and images. I'm looking forward to his FP which I think is great. Hopefully he can leave Yerevan with a skate he can be proud of.

Also congrats to him for achieving his highest PCS in the SP to date :rock:

And those little girls with the big Armenian flag screaming "Artur!" Cute :eek::

QueenOfTheRoad

Final Flight
Country
Germany
A pity really. But i hope in FS will go up some places. His FS at this moment looks besser, it was too short time to improve a lot in the short from the last week. I wish him luck tomorrow!

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Thankfully he was not hurt but I wish skaters wouldn't skate with jewelry :slink: I can't even speak about the actual performance since I couldn't focus on anything other than the necklace and if it was going to fall off and where :no: He seemed distracted by it as well :(

ETA: On watching the replay, necklace came off close to were he landed that lz/toe combo :slink:, thankfully he wasn't hurt.

Well he still got the highest PCS in the free (again!) so that something :laugh: I can agree with that! It's a great program that highlights all his strengths :agree: And he just missed the podium, sigh :sad4: but his Armenian cheering section, yay :hap10:

EETA: So the steps in both programs are now level 3s, that's good at least.

QueenOfTheRoad

Final Flight
Country
Germany
I have wondered till now a lot why they are allowed with jewelry and if they are dangerous... I thought more on the rings, but necklaces as well. He had luck, but i wonder why the judges didn't stopped the program to remove the necklace from the ice!

However, good fight Artur!

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Now that his JGP events are over, it's time to go home, rest, and continue to recover from injury. I wish him luck in his recovery :pray:

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
but i wonder why the judges didn't stopped the program to remove the necklace from the ice!

Well that would have been a 5 point deduction.

Plus he's 14 and probably wasn't thinking or didn't know what to do once the necklace broke and was coming/came off and I hardly see the referee stop anything without prompting from the skater first.

When it broke and was dangling after the second 3axel, I was hoping he would do what Matteo did last week, rip it off and stuff it in his pocket :rofl: Granted Artur would have had to hold his necklace (no pockets) but still :laugh2:

ETA: Picture of Artur, backstage, after his FP https://www.instagram.com/p/Bo3_brfFlj8/?taken-by=apasionade

vorravorra

Record Breaker
Some people believe that you should never take off your cross. It definitely used to be that way in the past, you always wore your cross. Plus I have a feeling skaters consider it some sort of good luck charm, although that part is rather non-Christian.

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Some people believe that you should never take off your cross. It definitely used to be that way in the past, you always wore your cross. Plus I have a feeling skaters consider it some sort of good luck charm, although that part is rather non-Christian.

But why does the chain have to be so long? It's an accident waiting to happen if he just so happens to clip it (which I think he did after he was coming out of his 2nd 3axel) and break the chain. And as you can see, this one is long --> https://youtu.be/NFnx3hwkShM?t=207. Last year the chain was much shorter. Thankfully he did not run over it or the pendants so I'm happy about that. If he wants to wear it fine, but please get a shorter chain.

QueenOfTheRoad

Final Flight
Country
Germany

Skaters could also sew it somewhere on the costume. Couldn't it be dangerous for pair skaters for example to have a long chain to begin with or when the skaters do the spins?

vorravorra

Record Breaker
Skaters could also sew it somewhere on the costume. Couldn't it be dangerous for pair skaters for example to have a long chain to begin with or when the skaters do the spins?
Not sure, I can't think of chains on pair skaters off the top of my head. But singles skaters having to constantly tuck it in - I honestly don't know how they don't get sick of it.
And Artur's chain is too long, maybe they thought a long chain would be more likely to stay tucked in? Sewing it to clothes actually sounds like a smart idea.

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Arthur Danielian (CSKA): "My relatives came to the short program - grandmother, grandfather, aunt, two cousins, niece, her father, her father's father and his mother" google/bing translated

On October 13, the seventh stage of the junior Grand Prix in figure skating finished in Yerevan (Armenia). In single skating among juniors, the Frenchman Adam Siao won (205.83 points). Russians Artur Danielian (195.30) and Andrei Mozalev (194.2) took fourth and sixth places, respectively. Artur Danielian commented on his speech to Alexei Zubakov.

-My second stage of the season's Grand Prix has been completed. Neither the rental nor the result am not satisfied. Here I wanted to show more qualitative and worthy skates, but it turned out so. However, I don’t give up, and with my coaching staff we continue to work!

- It’s probably not the first time in Yerevan ...

- It's not the first time in Yerevan, I was at the opening of this rink, where we performed. We were met very warmly and hospitably. I knew we'd be greeted like this. Yerevan, Armenia, let's say, opened before us their warm hugs, smile and joy!

The people I was telling my name when I was on the list or getting accredited were asking "Oh, what are you, Armenian?" I answered: “Yes.” It was very funny.

A lot of spectators came to performances of all kinds, namely the spectators who came to watch, and not the figure skaters who had already performed (laughs). Although figure skating is not popular in Armenia, people are very interested in this kind of sport. It was also noticed somewhere in 2015 at the opening of the rink.

Before the warm-up and skate, I was very much supported, which made me very cheerful, but my excitement did not go away. When, before the start, they shouted “Artur!” and clapped, I wanted to smile, laugh, but I was serious and tuned in for my skate! After the skate, was interviewed, took pictures, wished good luck and supported. It was very nice (it was all before and after the short program was).

- How do you evaluate the skates?

- My relatives came to the short program - grandmother, grandfather, aunt, two cousins, a niece, her father, her father's father and his mother (laughs). I was very glad to see them, especially after not the most successful skate. The short program was skated very badly and dirty. “Butterfly” is the most unfortunate thing that could happen, it is better to fall, but not a “butterfly” and I should have skated 100 percent. I hope this was the first and last "butterfly" this season, and indeed! Skated somehow without mood, or not very, in general.

I went out for the free program more calmly, I knew that it is necessary to skate with pleasure and to submit the program in all glory, with emotions. Perform 100 percent, and then 200! There were many mistakes, skated very carefully. I made the first axel with an underrotation, combo with a touch down of my hand, the chain broke, doubled the flip.

In a word, there is still a lot of work on errors, and just work.

I would like to express my deep gratitude to all my coaching staff, the Russian Federation of Figure Skating, which gave me the opportunity to speak at the second stage of the season for myself, as well as to all the people who supported and was worried for me! ALL THANK YOU VERY MUCH !!! And I continue my recovery, and at the same time I continue to work, work and work again! I will try in the future in the season to do only good skates!

Original Link: https://zubakovsport.com/411да/

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
- My relatives came to the short program - grandmother, grandfather, aunt, two cousins, a niece, her father, her father's father and his mother (laughs). I was very glad to see them, especially after not the most successful hire.

:rofl: So practically the entire audience were his relatives :rofl: Sweet! And cool he got to see them and felt their support :agree:

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Yeah, I guess he does look like he's hoping it would fit :laugh:

And good luck to him this weekend! :hap10::hap10::hap10: Do your best Artur :cheer: