Artur Danielian | Page 8 | Golden Skate

Artur Danielian

ewdokia

On the Ice
Quad attempt! Good attempt and it was rotated :cool:

RemyRose – thank you for the links. Regarding the quad – I agree, good attempt and he will certainly be able to land it in competition. :) However, it looks for now like it takes so much energy from him which caused the falls at the end of the program. So what’s the point of attempting a quad when you then end up your program with three falls? I think after the JGP-events Artur’s main task should have been to skate stable programs without major errors. I wonder if the quad is worth that risk? :confused:

Anyways good look to Artur at Junior Nats. :hap10::hap10::hap10:

Here is a link to the time schedule: https://www.fsrussia.ru/files/docs/competitons/1819/junnat1819_competition_schedule.pdf
SP will take place on Saturday starting at 2 p.m. local time, LP on Sunday at 2 p.m. local time.

Streaming links:
https://www.fsrussia.ru/sorevnovani...di-yuniorov-2019.html#raspisanie-translyatsij

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Regarding the quad – I agree, good attempt and he will certainly be able to land it in competition. However, it looks for now like it takes so much energy from him which caused the falls at the end of the program. So what’s the point of attempting a quad when you then end up your program with three falls? I think after the JGP-events Artur’s main task should have been to skate stable programs without major errors. I wonder if the quad is worth that risk? :confused:

Well truthfully you could have asked the same question last year when he debuted his 3A to disastrous results, 15th place and his JGP was taken away. But in the end, it ended up working out in his favor.

If you follow the other Russian junior boys, some of his main competitors debuted their quads this season. He seems to think that he needs a quad to win and has no choice but to put it in. And when someone pointed out to him that he still wins without them, Artur said not always and gave an example of his 2 JGP events. Problem is, Artur isn't correct, because he would have won or been close to winning both events had he not popped those jumps, had his combo in the SP in the bonus and had higher levels for his fly camel spin and both footwork sequences :confused2: Numbers don't lie. So the person who posed the question was correct that he could win without them. But I guess Artur doesn't see it that way and what are you to do? There is a problem with his timing though, debuting the quad way too late in the season. The other boys have many more competitive practice with theirs.

And according to the owner of CSKA's website, Artur wants to win both nationals and JW. He cannot without a quad, this is true. So we will see what he does come Saturday and Sunday. Can't deny, boy is competitive :laugh: I will :pray: that there's no quad and for 2 clean skates but Artur isn't a model of consistency so I'll just :pray: he doesn't have a meltdown.

But good luck to him. Here's a picture from today with Artur and Kirill http://ltk-cska.ru/files/uploads/images/1548922630.png

ETA: I also want to ask, why would they change his layout to his FP? That probably helped contribute to his messy 3 fall skate :disapp: Was he really going to put a combo on both lutzes? That was the impression I was under since it looked like the 3lz/2t Rippon was intentional.

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Danielian always peak very late in the season...
very strange :scratch2:

How so? He was off ice not jumping for a good chunk of the summer due to injury and only recovered his jumps 2 weeks prior to Slovenia. Plus he grew 10 cm per the video interview during this time. He spent most of the season getting used to his new dimensions and trying to recover from injury.

starla16

Medalist
How so? He was injured at the beginning of the season, was off ice not jumping for a good chunk of the summer, grew 10 cm per the video interview and only recovered his jumps 2 weeks prior to Slovenia. He spent most of the season getting used to his new dimensions and trying to recover from injury.

sorry, I didnt know he was injured
at least now, he is capable of good skating for junior worlds.

Id say him, Gumennik should be able to go
Samsonov is too young for junior worlds

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
sorry, I didnt know he was injured
at least now, he is capable of good skating for junior worlds.

Well all the 2003 boys are going through puberty, hence the inconsistency. Between injuries and changing bodies, it makes it hard for them. And we just have to be patient. I try not to expect too much from them.

We will see what happens tomorrow. The scores are tight and it's still anyone's game to grab one of those 3 JrW spots. I wouldn't count anyone out. If he makes it great, if not, well he still has 4 more seasons and next season is the loop, it should be his best season!

Can I :pray: once again that there is no quad in the free :(

Good luck Artur!!!

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Oh that strategy of Buianova. After he bombs this program 2 weeks ago, he once again goes for the quad?

Plus he does a 2a instead of a flip attempt? Yes I know there is an edge but the judges were ignoring it. Clearly they are already in the mind frame of dumping the flip, which should eventually happen but I never thought it would happen this soon. That's best to do only when you have one solid quad that you can repeat (4s and 4s+combo for example). Sigh :sad21:

All he needed to do was to skate his old content like he normally does :palmf: 0.4 pts from making the JW team :sad4:

ETA: thankfully he finishes in the top 5 so he gets funding at least but man I'm so upset with this team's strategy. My heart breaks for this kid :cry: After the Kovtun incident last week, I did fear for their strategy for Artur.

Silver lining is that he still has 4 more seasons as a junior, so hopefully he makes it back to JrW at some point and makes JGPF at least once. I'm looking forward to next season, it's the loop and I guess we will see no flip :confused:

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Post FS interview https://youtu.be/bZFx8nGgFZc

ETA: From translation he stated that he was prepared but the free just didn't work out and he will work twice as hard. Interviewer just told him that everything will work out at his next start and he will be able to show more stable skating. And now he looks like he is about to cry.

After the SP the interviewer asked was he happy with his skate. He said it was one of his best skates in the short but then there was the flip, he has an edge and has technical issues with it that needs to be corrected and that it was worse than what he did in training (?). Then she asked if he could explain about the not so perfect skating after JW. He stated that he got injured in April, grew about 10 cm (I don't know at the end of that if he said he's still dealing with the injury, translation was a bit weird). She then asked what his goals were coming into this event. He stated that after his free skate 2 weeks ago, they came up with the plan to do more run-thrus every day in order to skate both programs to the maximum.

At least that's what the video CC translation + my own interpretation told me :laugh: If anyone wants to provide a better translation :thank:

So I guess this means he grew 2 cm after his first JGP. He's handling his growth spurt well I think :biggrin: Such big, pretty jumps when he lands them.

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Last post today I promise :laugh:

So Artur is on the alternate list for the European Youth Olympic festival. I don't think he will go since he's only an alternate but he did just beat Yablokov who is listed as going by 5 spots at nationals and Artur is the only alternate. Who knows if the Olympic committee will sub him in (more than likely not). Will keep you guys posted if he ends up going. Opening ceremony is on the 9th. Feb 11-12th are when the FS events take place.

Then there is the Cup Final in 2 weeks. Boys skate on Feb 19th and 20th. Surely he will be there, it's a fairly important competition :think:

Plus Sharov's sister wrote that we may see him at another national championship, Championship of Russia (Elder age) in Sochi, April 1st-5th.

There are other events that are going on other than the ones posted. I will keep a lookout :dance2:

If he is going to put in this quad sal, then he needs practice before next year's JGP events :2thumbs: Like the interview said, I believe everything will work out for him, he only needs more practice!!!

vorravorra

Record Breaker
Wth was that in the K&C? "Have a great time off, Artur!" after the scores were announced? How is that appropriate public behavior from a coach towards a (15 year old) student? He wasn't feeling bad enough?

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Wth was that in the K&C? "Have a great time off, Artur!" after the scores were announced? How is that appropriate public behavior from a coach towards a (15 year old) student? He wasn't feeling bad enough?

No. I personally prefer they keep it behind close doors. But who knows what happened. Artur is known (like last season he most certainly did), to put in a jump that was not planned and changed his combos around. Sharov's sister mentioned that Selitskaya was not happy with him when he did it and called him out on it last season. Maybe they told him no and he decided to jump the quad anyway? Hell, it was something I notice on my own after watching him only for the 3rd time last season. My opinion was that Artur did what Artur wanted as long as it help him win. That opinion still has not changed. Although this year he was much better with sticking with his planned content.

I don't know, I don't want to say anything more since I don't know the whole situation. I already posted my annoyance with this team and how they called his Ljubljana skate a failure (okay it was the webmaster, still) and how Buianova said he didn't have enough character that's why he didn't make JGPF, that it's his fault instead of her taking the responsibility for his low levels that they only very recently changed. I already yelled at them once over Iakovlev, but I was polite when I did it :laugh:

Plus don't they argue, politely, in the K&C anyway? Didn't they have a pop vs rotate/fall discussion at Tallinn Open?

Also, If you can speak Russian, can you translate the 2 video interviews above? Please!!!!!

vorravorra

Record Breaker
No. I personally prefer they keep it behind close doors. But who knows what happened. Artur is known (like last season he most certainly did), to put in a jump that was not planned and changed his combos around. Sharov's sister mentioned that Selitskaya was not happy with him when he did it and called him out on it last season. Maybe they told him no and he decided to jump the quad anyway? Hell, it was something I notice on my own after watching him only for the 3rd time last season. My opinion was that Artur did what Artur wanted as long as it help him win. That opinion still has not changed. Although this year he was much better with sticking with his planned content.

I don't know, I don't want to say anything more since I don't know the whole situation. I already posted my annoyance with this team and how they called his Ljubljana skate a failure (okay it was the webmaster, still) and how Buianova said he didn't have enough character that's why he didn't make JGPF, that it's his fault instead of her taking the responsibility for his low levels that they only very recently changed. I already yelled at them once over Iakovlev, but I was polite when I did it :laugh:

Plus don't they argue, politely, in the K&C anyway? Didn't they have a pop vs rotate/fall discussion at Tallinn Open?

Also, If you can speak Russian, can you translate the 2 video interviews above? Please!!!!!
He was trying the quad in the warmup, do you think they told him "no" afterwards? And that wasn't even close to polite. And loud for all the world to hear. Your own coach should not publicly say you don't have enough character either. If you don't it's not going to help you get some. Didn't they learn anything from Kovtun? Dammit.

I can translate but later.

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
He was trying the quad in the warmup, do you think they told him "no" afterwards? And that wasn't even close to polite. And loud for all the world to hear. Your own coach should not publicly say you don't have enough character either. If you don't it's not going to help you get some. Didn't they learn anything from Kovtun? Dammit.

I can translate but later.

I saw that warmup, I would have told him no. But I would have told him no after his last skate. Like I stated prior, I'm a strategist. Putting in a quad that he has just recently started to compete with in competition (2 wks ago) in his biggest competition of the season is not smart. That's just not a great strategy. But if you read Artur's ask page, it's almost as if he felt he had no choice b/c the other guys were doing it. And when someone pointed out he still wins with 3As, he strayed away from it. So I don't know what's going on there, if it's them or him.

Like I said, I don't know the entire situation and don't want to go further. Plus if it's Selitskaya (I haven't watch the K&C yet) then I wouldn't worry about it. She is his coach for NOW. Next season she may not be. Like he stated in many interviews, he moved to CSKA/Moscow to work with Adelina's coach (Buianova) not Selitskaya. She's only got him b/c Buianova doesn't like working with novice/juniors until a certain age. Buianova has been slowly been pulling him away since last season.

I did not like what Buianova said either, but I'll let it slide since she does seem to genuinely care for his well being.

Now Plushenko is being loud and kicking Artur in the press saying he didn't deserve his PCS b/c he wouldn't get them Internationally for that skate. Well there was Yerevan, he had many mistakes there and still won PCS in the LP by a good margin :shrug: Plus he had 2 big issues in the SP and was STILL in a 3 way tie for the top PCS in that portion too, and he was all the way down in 8th place. So I'm not so sure he still would not have gotten high PCS marks relative to what the rest of the field did :confused2: I think he still would have. The judges really seem to like the kid.

For Arturchik sake, I hope he stays off the internet for a while.

ETA: oh and thanks in advance if you can translate the videos :luv17: :thank:

ETA: Seriously, I feel so bad for Arturchik, it's not as if he gave himself high PCS marks. Whenever he moves up to the Senior ranks, I hope they seriously mentally prepare the kid (and all the boys for that matter) for what's to come when he fails to live up to others expectation.

vorravorra

Record Breaker

Translation:

Artur: On the whole the skate was one of the best in the season. There was a mistake on the flip. It hasn't been working out with the flip this season as I have an edge problem. These are technical points that still have to be corrected. The flip was not the best (of the ones I did in training). The coahes are satisfied, they have said it's a pity about the flip, but still you did well.

This season you skated at two JGP events where not everything worked either. There were reasons for this, could you tell us about the explanation for your imperfect skating compared to last season where you won a silver at Junior Worlds and were on the rise?

Artur: After Worlds I started actively learning quads and actively growing. I grew around 10 cm at the same time I got injured. I have had an injury since April from which I am still not completely recovered.

How did you prepare for Junior Nationals, what difficulties did you have and what were your objectives?

Artur: We understood that I needed to produce my maximum no matter what. Two weeks ago I skated at the V.N. Kudriatsev Tournament and my skate was totally horrible. After this we actively created a plan which we followed. I did complete runthroughs every day to fully master my programs and produce my maximum here. This time the program... I will of course still watch it... but in terms of emotions I like it.

Good luck in the free, so that you can show your maximum there too.

Artur: Thank you, I'll try.

vorravorra

Record Breaker
It's been said that skaters should not talk publicly about their edge problems as it gives judges no leeway to pretend they didn't notice it at the right moment. :devil: