Trusova: "I was very happy" | Golden Skate

Trusova: "I was very happy"

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The 13-year-old was happy to have won, but even happier to have landed the two quads.

"I prepared for that and I did it," Trusova said. "After I landed the quads, I was very happy, but I still had the rest of the program to do. There were still three difficult combinations to come and I had to pull myself together."

"No, I can't do any others," she responded, when asked about other quads, "but I would like to learn them all. "Actually at first I wanted to learn the triple Axel when I was about ten years old and I was still with another coach. Half a year after I switched to Eteri Georgievna (Tutberidze), we tried the triple Axel, but it did not go well. Then we decided to try a quad, first the Salchow. I did it April last year. The quad toe I started after the (Junior) Grand Prix Final (in December 2017). It was already easier after the Salchow."

More...

Last edited:

steiner

Rinkside
Regardless of what might happen in the future, she did something special that she’ll remember for her rest of her life. What a special young woman.

iorii

On the Ice
Very ambitious young girl. Happy for Sasha too! The reason for her long hair is so cute :luv17:

So she had tried 3A in the past but she didn't really succeed. Following 4S and 4T's success, she wants another try (together with 4Lz)? This girl is truly amazing.

Interspectator

Record Breaker
I have to say she is so cute, she likes to be Rapunzel :)

Her long hair is beautiful. I'm amazed she can skate without it falling out. The hairpins must be industrial strength. I loved her skating and the quads were just amazing.
Juniors are hard to be a fan of because there's everything ahead of them, both highs and lows, but at this time, just right now, I'm happy for her and hope she's having the time of her life. :points:

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
That was some of the most fun I’ve had watching someone skate! She blew my mind with her jaw dropping ability and yet still gave a good performance full of character. In the KnC my smile only got bigger. What a sweet hard working kid. This is just unreal. Man...what a performance. :bow:

zanadude

Medalist
Country
Japan
Her long hair is beautiful. I'm amazed she can skate without it falling out. The hairpins must be industrial strength. I loved her skating and the quads were just amazing.
Juniors are hard to be a fan of because there's everything ahead of them, both highs and lows, but at this time, just right now, I'm happy for her and hope she's having the time of her life. :points:

That hair has to be a non-negligible weight. A couple hundred grams at least.…but surely every gram counts when you're trying to pull off quads?

Latremu

Final Flight
That's why her hair is so long. She's real-life Rapunzel! :luv17: Astounding achievement by a very strong-willed young woman. I look forward to what happens next for her.

draqq

FigureSkatingPhenom
Record Breaker
I really hope that she can keep these quads as she grows. I doubted that she would land a quad, and she went ahead and performed two of them! Ha! Quads and triple axels will help bring some needed technical advancement in ladies and help balance heavy backloading.

VenusHalley

Final Flight

well if ypu know how to bun your hair it's not that big of problem. shorter layered hair may be more problematic in a way

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
She is adorable. I wish her the very best in her future and I hope she enjoys the positive attention being cast her way now for her huge achievement.

BTW.. about hair and weight. I know people who subtract 5 pounds from their total weight because of their body hair. You can't reason with them. One of them (they are sisters) was with me when I got my waist length hair cut to my shoulders and I put the hair in her hands and she still can't accept that human hair weighs almost nothing.

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
BTW.. about hair and weight. I know people who subtract 5 pounds from their total weight because of their body hair. You can't reason with them. One of them (they are sisters) was with me when I got my waist length hair cut to my shoulders and I put the hair in her hands and she still can't accept that human hair weighs almost nothing.

Unless, the hair is wet. Then it weighs ;)

Anyway, huge congrats to Sasha! :cheer: Not only didi two quads, she also managed to skate clean the rest of the program! :jaw: And we all know it's not that easy. What a girl! I'm not afraid to say that Junior Ladies Championship was probably more exiciting than the coming Senior one will be. Can't wait to see what else she's capable of in the future :rock:

But, while Trusova is the star, Alena is a magic for me :luv17: She's incredible and time flies when she skates. I was starting to lose interest in Ladies skating, but both girls gave me hope for better times :hap10:

It looks like the dawning of a new age in ladies figure skating. Just like the men; once someone breaks through to show what is possible, everybody else better keep up or fall by the wayside.

yoloaxel

Record Breaker
I actually wondered - how come that she did 3 combinations? Is that allowed as long as she doesn't repeat jumps?

Scott512

Record Breaker
This tiny champ with the huge heart is going to be so bored in juniors again next season. but I do hope she goes to Russian Nationals in December then compete against Medvedeva and Zagitova that would be amazing. Adelina won nationals at just 12 years old in 2009. Trusova would gain great experience sharing the ice with Russia's best.m