Trusova: "I was very happy" | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Trusova: "I was very happy"

Globetrotter

Medalist
Unless, the hair is wet. Then it weighs ;)

Anyway, huge congrats to Sasha! :cheer: Not only didi two quads, she also managed to skate clean the rest of the program! :jaw: And we all know it's not that easy. What a girl! I'm not afraid to say that Junior Ladies Championship was probably more exiciting than the coming Senior one will be. Can't wait to see what else she's capable of in the future :rock:

But, while Trusova is the star, Alena is a magic for me :luv17: She's incredible and time flies when she skates. I was starting to lose interest in Ladies skating, but both girls gave me hope for better times :hap10:

Hmm looks like I am not alone. Sasha was awesome with two freaking quads - 4S and 4T. She actually has stronger content than a lot of the men! Unfortunately, they need to give her a better programme, such a pity. Alena Kostornaia was the one who really made it for me as she has that lovely flow and fluid quality and blade work that showed clearly that her basic SS is really strong. IMO, her basic SS is better than Zhenya and Zagi. Even though she backloads like Zagi, there is much less of a mucking around first half with no jumps as her fluidity and smoothness makes things much more interesting. If Alena can train up a 3A, she will be right up there.

Shandy

On the Ice
Hmm looks like I am not alone. Sasha was awesome with two freaking quads - 4S and 4T. She actually has stronger content than a lot of the men! Unfortunately, they need to give her a better programme, such a pity. Alena Kostornaia was the one who really made it for me as she has that lovely flow and fluid quality and blade work that showed clearly that her basic SS is really strong. IMO, her basic SS is better than Zhenya and Zagi. Even though she backloads like Zagi, there is much less of a mucking around first half with no jumps as her fluidity and smoothness makes things much more interesting. If Alena can train up a 3A, she will be right up there.

I feel you! If Kostornaya can up her technical content and consistency, and Trusova spends some time working on her artistry, then we'll have two perfect skaters! :hap10: :dance:

drivingmissdaisy

Record Breaker
If Trusova stays healthy, she could be a dominant skater in a few years. I think it's possible, maybe even likely, that she loses her quads when her body matures, but she jumps those so big that it's hard to see her ever having problems rotating mere triples.

russianfan

Match Penalty
This tiny champ with the huge heart is going to be so bored in juniors again next season. but I do hope she goes to Russian Nationals in December then compete against Medvedeva and Zagitova that would be amazing. Adelina won nationals at just 12 years old in 2009. Trusova would gain great experience sharing the ice with Russia's best.m

she shares the ice with them every single day... :)

acapenci

On the Ice
if it were a junior man who had done two quads, then there would already be a new thread up about how skaters are maturing too fast and how quads are going to be the downfall of figure skating... šŸ˜•

SarahSynchro

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
if it were a junior man who had done two quads, then there would already be a new thread up about how skaters are maturing too fast and how quads are going to be the downfall of figure skating... šŸ˜•

Nah. Two words: Stephen Gogolev. ;)

SarahSynchro

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I heard Orser saying Stephen isnā€™t allowed to practice too many quads in a section though.

Danill said they do that with Sasha. That they're careful about how many she does and not doing them every day.

Yea, Iā€™m sure in light of the recent ā€œexplosionā€ of skatersā€™ abilities to do quads in the past four seasons, the coaches are seeing that itā€™s best not to push them too hard on their students. Considering how several of the ā€œbig gunsā€ in seniors have been injured in ways that can be linked back to putting too much emphasis on quad jumps, the personnel in the sport as a whole is more aware of the negative impact too much too soon can have. :yes:

I feel like I must point out: Iā€™m not a ā€œhater of quadsā€, and I donā€™t hold the belief that they are ā€œruiningā€ figure skating. Like most of us, I am a fan of both the progression of technical ability, AND artistry. I think sometimes we can get flustered when one progresses quicker than the other for a skater, and itā€™s usually tech first, then PCS.

Nevertheless, I really like Sasha and Stephen, and look forward to seeing them progress in the seasons to come. :) It also blows my mind that they are both only four years older than my daughter. I feel very geriatric right now. Someone, please hand me my cane. :laugh: