2017-18 State of Japanese Ladies skating | Page 13 | Golden Skate

2017-18 State of Japanese Ladies skating

sakurano

Final Flight
I think "Sailor" is Marin. Maybe a translation error.

Yes, there was a translation error lol because when I write in French it's Marin Honda.

Zenadude: What makes you think that, I may have expressed myself badly but I quoted all these girls to say that they are the future of Japanese skating and that I hope that means that the Japanese skating era is not about to finish with all these talents.

For Marin, is not she right now in the United States? I think we have to give her the time to adapt, she has the means to be unbeatable as the junior years. It would be a shame that she gives up even if it's not my favorite.

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
That's why i don't use a translator:biggrin: I make many errors each time that i write something, but i prefer make errors on my own. I can learn:laugh:

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Marin only needs more motivation and work. Her URs are not chronic like Satoko and she doesn't have edge issues. So technically she can be back in the game. The main concern is the consistency. She's more the kind of skater who delivers when it count and not all the season.

She'll need to up her tech content too though. Didn't I hear something about her dealing with an injury when she tried to do so?

Globetrotter

Medalist
She'll need to up her tech content too though. Didn't I hear something about her dealing with an injury when she tried to do so?

Her basic tech content is actually quite competitive, considering that she’s got the same content as Zhenya just minus some backloading. What Marin needs to work on is her techniques - toe jumps don’t have good basics. In addition, some of Satoko’s work ethics will surely help in improving her conditioning and competitive nerves. Otherwise, Marin’s sheer talents will not be fully realized which will be a travesty for the audience and fans.

yume

🍉
Record Breaker

I don't know why to up your tech content is so important when you have 7 triples and at least one 3-3. For each major title that Medvedeva won she didn't have the highest BV. So BV is not the most important but execution. Marin should practice for land her jumps and land them perfectly.

Average age for top skaters has dropped a lot. Crazy that the oldest is Satoko at 20yo. Years ago at Worlds/Olympics there was at least 2 ladies in their twenties.

saphire

On the Ice
I think one to look out for in the future is Moa Iwano. She just turned 14 and saw youtube videos of her on junior grand prix and she is impressive with her musicality, a real pleasure to watch.

Puchi

On the Ice
I think one to look out for in the future is Moa Iwano. She just turned 14 and saw youtube videos of her on junior grand prix and she is impressive with her musicality, a real pleasure to watch.

Not to mention smooth blades and a great 3lutz!

stiffapples

Spectator
the amount of talent in the jpn ladies field is so dense im sad there's a 3 spots cap at the olympics/worlds especially with the upcoming talent coming in the next few years from juniors it kind of reminds me of 2011-2014 quad when the jpn men's field was just as dense and the nationals was intense

jsf just needs to be better at politicking their ladies or they might never get the scores they deserve

Kara

Final Flight
I love Moa and I really hope she becomes the Japan #2 or 3 in juniors after Mako and Rika move up behind Nana because she's so expressive and her programs were amazing, but she really needs to work on her underrotations. Her scores got murdered at the JGP and even before when she was a novice.:/

HUGE congratulations to Wakaba and Satoko for becoming World medalists.:thumbsup: Winning back those 3 spots with ease! So many ladies to look forward to next season, I'm so excited.:love:

Happy birthday to Satoko too! And I'm reading the news and she's going to try for the 3A????:confused::drama:

AnCho

Rinkside
Happiest birthday to the tiny queen. Great comeback and outcomes, even when the injuries disrupted your full potential to be displayed at one of the most important season, the Olympics season. You did not give up and still deliver impressive results despite the setbacks.

Now rest, recuperate. Hopefully in the new season you can come back full force. Hope you keep ignoring the naysayers who, it seems, enjoy laughing at your jumps, your efforts to improve on them and disregarding your achievements :( because if you did, high likely you won't get anywhere. Hope you know that there are a lot fans who rooted for you. :hap10:
Keep improving and proving them naysayers wrong, but most importantly, keep yourself happy and enjoy the processes. :yahoo:

Great to hear her vision for the next season or at least to get a peek of her game plan for the off season period. If she indeed plan for 3A, Good thing she has Rika as training mate (I think they can form a great training group). I believe a good training partner can help boost your motivation and training efficiency and result. Perhaps Marin can join as well so maybe she can be more inspired and regained her focus. :agree:

To all skaters, including Satoko: as the intense season finally over for most skaters, hope they can rest as well. They all have been very brave in the midst of immense pressure at such young age and they all deserve a well rested off season break. Good works for all of these wonderful skaters :hap10: