2017-18 State of Japanese Ladies skating | Page 10 | Golden Skate

2017-18 State of Japanese Ladies skating

Leonardo

Final Flight
Thank you Wakaba!!!!! And sorry for not believing you. That was the best moment of the season for me. Her Mao Asada moment. So many emotions, I can't even describe...

sakurano

Final Flight
It will not be enough to be on the podium but what was beautiful I missed the program but I read the tweets and see her crying, it's without words
now place in Satoko get these 3 spots.

sakurano

Final Flight
Well, you were wrong here :rofl:

Wakaba got silver! What a way to end the season :agree: Japan got the 3rd spot back :cool:

Yes I just saw the results she is silver medalist and satoko bronze which means that next year there will be 3 Japanese.
It was a beautiful season

zanadude

Medalist
Country
Japan
Well, she still didn't "win" the big one, but there's no denying that this was a huge step forward.

AnCho

Rinkside
Congrats Satoko and Wakaba for the podium finishes. I am very surprised wirh how the last group seemed to crumble :( . maybe post Olympic fatigue? I was :eeking: When I read the updates about the last group performances. Most of the favorites performed worse than expected.

Special shout out to Satoko. It might not be her best performance but she did not perform worse than those who did not medal and that's that.

To think that she just got back in the competitions from several injuries with a fracture as one of them in November , to claim her 4th national title, and to skate two clean personal bests at THE Olympics (still so giddy thinking about this) and to earn bronze (when some have already seemed to be too ready to discard her chance to none) are amazing!! Not easy to keep mentally amd physically fit with back to back big competitions (wuth the biggest one just a month prior) :yahoo:

Great comeback from Wakaba! Hopefully she can keep improving in tackling her nerve. When she can overcome that, it shows she has great potential :agree:

Kudos for the two ladies!!

Shayuki

Record Breaker
Satoko and Wakaba definitely deserved their medals for all the PCS crimes committed against them so far.
Any hope that getting worlds medals would help increase their status when it comes to PCS? I especially hope that they FINALLY give Wakaba the PCS she deserves, they always are criminally low.

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES!!!!!

That's it. That's the post. I saw that live and I still can't believe it. I also have no voice anymore and will go back to happy crying. Congrats to the Japanese girls, 3 spots back with a bang!

Yatagarasu

Record Breaker
Waka the unstable. Waka the unreliable.

Wakaba, the silver World medalist.

Ahem.

And she's going to push up her PCS through her own work which really is something but at the same time, I hate JSF. Anyhow. Congratulations to her. Major, major pressure, and she delivered.

gossipcow

Rinkside
Dropping in to say a huge congrats to the Japanese ladies! Wakaba's FS got me damn near emotional, so fantastic! Happy that Miyahara held onto 3rd for the bronze, though not in the way I had expected. Very glad Team Japan has 3 spots for next year, they've got so much talent.

yyyskate

Record Breaker
quote from inside edge
"a performance for the ages - be proud of yourself."
deserving every word of that.