2017-18 State of Japanese Ladies skating | Page 7 | Golden Skate

2017-18 State of Japanese Ladies skating

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
Evidently there is some biased comments about Trusova. Like saying that her quads are consistent because she lands them in practice. Suddendly there is no difference between competition and practice.
Meanwhile, saying that Rika's 3A -3T is not a big deal.
Totally objective comments.

This. It has nothing to do with avatars or that the Russian ladies wouldn't get a lot of uncalled for comments (they do, in the general or competition threads there is way too much of them), but comments here have read like putting down Rika by comparing her to Sasha and the Russian girl and her being inferior. And honestly, that estimating jump height by counting frames thing is cool, but acting like it was unfailable and mocking someone doing professional analyses for coming up with different numbers... it doesn't matter about thread or nationalities, just no either way.

And that's the last thing I'm saying about that, as otherwise we'll just get whole pages of comments erased for bickering :p

To change topics - it's only 4 days until I'll be leaving for Milan, and I can't wait to see Waka live again. Hopefully she can do well and keeps her record of scoring 200+ in every event this season. And while I'm not a fan, good luck to Satoko too, she had a long and exhausting season after coming back from a serious injury - but I'm sure you wouldn't be able to tell from the performances she'll show in Milan. May they stay healthy, give performances that make them proud and get that 3rd spot back. The Japanese ladies seriously need it :pray:

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker
This. It has nothing to do with avatars or that the Russian ladies wouldn't get a lot of uncalled for comments (they do, in the general or competition threads there is way too much of them), but comments here have read like putting down Rika by comparing her to Sasha and the Russian girl and her being inferior. And honestly, that estimating jump height by counting frames thing is cool, but acting like it was unfailable and mocking someone doing professional analyses for coming up with different numbers... it doesn't matter about thread or nationalities, just no either way.

And that's the last thing I'm saying about that, as otherwise we'll just get whole pages of comments erased for bickering :p

To change topics - it's only 4 days until I'll be leaving for Milan, and I can't wait to see Waka live again. Hopefully she can do well and keeps her record of scoring 200+ in every event this season. And while I'm not a fan, good luck to Satoko too, she had a long and exhausting season after coming back from a serious injury - but I'm sure you wouldn't be able to tell from the performances she'll show in Milan. May they stay healthy, give performances that make them proud and get that 3rd spot back. The Japanese ladies seriously need it :pray:

Yes, I wish Satoko and Wakaba 2 podium places in Milan!

Shayuki

Record Breaker
Meanwhile, saying that Rika's 3A -3T is not a big deal.
Well, as an achievement it's a big deal of course. No one else was doing it, after all. But with Rika's layout and repeating a 3A it's pretty pointless. I have criticized Rika for this decision in the past.

Here's the deal:
An optimal 1-6 layout with one 3A, without even doing a 3Lo combo is worth 55.25 base value in jumps only. Rika's layout with 3A and 3A+3T is worth 55.09 in base value in jumps only. It just makes zero sense to me. Absolutely none. Should the focus really be on doing all the 3As when the rest of the jump content could be optimized so much more, likely for far less effort?

And see, I actually wish for Rika's success and because of that I hope that she would really think hard about what kind of a layout she should do and if it really is worth it adding a second 3A if she cannot do the rest of the layout in an optimal manner. 3A consistency aside, the 3As seem to hurt the consistency of the rest of her jumps at the very least. I really think that this is totally wasteful.

tjb

Match Penalty
This. It has nothing to do with avatars or that the Russian ladies wouldn't get a lot of uncalled for comments (they do, in the general or competition threads there is way too much of them), but comments here have read like putting down Rika by comparing her to Sasha and the Russian girl and her being inferior.

i'm not the person who started comparing rika to sasha, and i never said that she's inferior. never said that she's inconsisted or anything. it was rika fan who said that rika is amazing because sasha is inconsistent. but i'm really sorry that i continued all of this, although my only intention was to defend sasha from bashing in the japanese ladies thread.
though i still staying with my opinion that a 3T combo is not a big deal in the era when every lady can land a +3T combo. 3A itself is a big deal, but combo is not. good for rika that mao or tuktamysheva had troubles with 3-3 combos, and she was the first who landed it, but i'm really impressed with her 2 3A's in the fs, with her consistency with the jump and with her 8 triples program. but not with the combo

Mawwerg

Final Flight
Rika's 3A is gorgeous and actually stable. Seems like some mental problem blocked it. I agree with Shayuki the layout is awful for competing. I could guess

1. this layout is useful for some practice reasons.
2. the layout is close to optimal because Rika has some technic problems we don't know about.
3. nobody cares.

Anyway I believe next season we will see significant improvement. She has all abilities to become a top skater.

yume

🍉
Record Breaker

I didn't realize that it was so close. Wakababy on ice again. And Satoko who will skate at worlds again after missing last season's due to injury. Do your best girls!

tjb

Match Penalty
Evidently there is some biased comments about Trusova. Like saying that her quads are consistent because she lands them in practice. Suddendly there is no difference between competition and practice.

and what's the difference? they are skating same programs in practice run throughs and in competitions (or even harder versions of programs in practice for eteri's girls). in junior worlds sasha skated her fs 3 times in practice and landed all of the jumps, 6/6 quad attempts landed in practice run throughs. why can't you expect her to do the same in a competition? of course i expected it. and she came out and did the same.
of course dealing with nerves could be the factor for some people. but not for everyone, for many people it's the opposite, there's people who perform better under all sorts of pressure, i believe that most of elite athletes are that kind of people. and sasha is one of them

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
Could there be a better layout for Rika next season? We've seen her do 3Lz-3Lo in practice and they looked good... but of course, her problem is nerves, I think, rather than jumps...
3A
3Lz-3Lo
-------
3F-3T
3S
3Lz-2T-2Lo
3F
2A

or, if she can do two 3A's plus 3Lz-3Lo...
3A
3A-3T
3Lz-3Lo
-----
3F-2T-2Lo
3S
3Lz
2A

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
Do someone knows when Mai, Kaori and Yuna skate tomorrow? If the SP is tomorrow.

Jedi

On the Ice
This thread is so cray cray. I think the Japanese ladies are looking really good right now. I mean if Russia has to go to their third or fourth junior to send to worlds??? Japan is doing pretty well They will regain their third spot. Satoko is always pretty on the ice. Wakababy, Kaori, Mai, Rika and all are forces to be reckon with. They are in tight with the Russians at least longevity wise they are better. But they are no slouches. Yes some of the skaters jumps aren't as big but their programs are great and they are up there.

sakurano

Final Flight
As expected the girls will surely do a sweep Japanese, I am happy that they end the season in beauty, thank you for the videos.

sakurano

Final Flight
It's a difficult combination Alina alone until she was able to do it, Wakaba also did it when she was junior, I wish her success and good health.

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
Do not mix up Yuna Shiraiwa and Yuna Aoki.
Yuna A. jumps 3lz-3lo since her first junior season. For Yuna S. it will be the first time tomorrow i think.

sakurano

Final Flight
Do not mix up Yuna Shiraiwa and Yuna Aoki.
Yuna A. jumps 3lz-3lo since her first junior season. For Yuna S. it will be the first time tomorrow i think.

I know Yume my first message was about the appearance of Yuna Aoki in the TV show and the second compared to the decision of Yuna Shiraiwa to try the combination 3Lutz - 3lo I'm sorry if it seems unclear

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
I know Yume my first message was about the appearance of Yuna Aoki in the TV show and the second compared to the decision of Yuna Shiraiwa to try the combination 3Lutz - 3lo I'm sorry if it seems unclear

Sorry, i misunderstood.