2017-18 State of Japanese Ladies skating | Page 8 | Golden Skate

2017-18 State of Japanese Ladies skating

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
Mai finally won a competition, yay:hap10:! A good ending of the season. She skated her free program like a boss, as usual:rock:
For Kaori it was one of her worst FS of the season, but at least it was not a big competition.
Not bad for Yuna. URs but no major mistakes.

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
So, with Medvedeva withdrawal will Wakaba be in last group for SP? Or stills in 2nd group?

yude

Record Breaker
https://www.nikkansports.com/sports...m_medium=social&utm_campaign=nikkansports_ogp

Wakaba pulled the ligament of her right ankle after SP of JN and took the rest after the competition. She started to skate around January 15 and came to be able to jump as usual in February. She has almost no pain now and been only taking ultrasonic therapy. She aims for getting over 210 points in WC and will have the same layout of FS as in the last competition of February.

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
https://www.nikkansports.com/sports...m_medium=social&utm_campaign=nikkansports_ogp

Wakaba pulled the ligament of her right ankle after SP of JN and took the rest after the competition. She started to skate around January 15 and came to be able to jump as usual in February. She has almost no pain now and been only taking ultrasonic therapy. She aims for getting over 210 points in WC and will have the same layout of FS as in the last competition of February.

I understand why she didn't attempt any jump at nationals gala.

sakurano

Final Flight
Congratulations to Mai to finally exceed the 210 points this season she is an end of season skater.

Congratulations to Kaori it was pretty bad for the fall but it made a good season for a first season and Olympic Senior.

Congratulation for this bronze to Yuna S and for trying the combo 3Lutz-3Lo I am sure that in the future it will be a success I hope it will come back next year with better programs.

For Wakaba I hope she will not put too much pressure, I also wish that Satoko we make such a good performance as at the Nationals and Olympic.

sakurano

Final Flight
thank you for posting the new interview with Wakaba although it makes me sad it is interesting to see what is happening behind the scene and the thoughts of a skater after a disappointment, we also see the dark side of the sport of high level.
In any case she is very mature and reacted very well, I also like the respect and the very good relationship between the Japaneses skaters, they are adorable.

Caustica

Final Flight
Thanks for the interview link, it was a really good read. I haven't read many interviews of Wakaba before but she comes across as a thoughtful and mature young lady. Well, it's hard not to be that when she's gone through so much pressure already. Just saw her today in practice and I felt so happy that she was chosen for Worlds. Best of luck to her for a better Worlds experience than the last, and to absolutely shine in those wonderful programs!!

By the way, does anyone know when tickets for Worlds 2019 in Saitama will start selling? (By which I probably mean - when can foreigners enter the lucky draw. Lol :x)

rikaquegira

On the Ice
Oh, one of my dreams is to visit Japan! And I am planning on going to a figure skating event there, that would be perfect!
I thought about Saitama but it’s too close.
And I do worry about tickets. I hear the Japanese fans buy “all the tickets” really fast.
But anyway, guess I really have to plan everything very thoroughly...

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
What's not good about skating first? Mao scored 78.66 and Zhenya scored 79.01 at WC skating first. ;)

Wakaba is nowhere near to have Medvedeva reputation to get that kind of score even with her 2A in 2nd part too and totally clean. I can already see a repeat of GPF SP. Underscored as usual.