Moving moments | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Moving moments

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
I'll just stick to this season - Dima's spectacular performance at Euros, Sergei winning NHK, Evgenia after her FS in Pyeongchang, Javi & Yuzuru of course.

cruzceleste

Record Breaker
I'll just stick to this season - Dima's spectacular performance at Euros, Sergei winning NHK, Evgenia after her FS in Pyeongchang, Javi & Yuzuru of course.

I have never have as much respect as I did with Evgenia as in that moment, the result broke her, and you could see it, but immediately accepted the results and congratulated Zagitova... amazing sport-woman

rugbyfan

On the Ice
Well there have been ones that left me euphoric (e.g V and M in Vancouver); devastated (Kurt's falls at the Olympics probably top those lists) but the single most moving moment for me in all the time I have watched skating was Joannie Rochette's short program at Vancouver in 2010. I cannot imagine how she managed that. It still makes me cry even though I never really followed her.

skatingfan4ever

"Our blade takes us in the most amazing places."
Medalist
Country
United-States
Pretty much anytime Michelle did a clean program, she would be so emotional afterward and it moved me so much

1998 Nationals where Michelle skated perfectly and got 15 6.0s

Rudy Galindo 1996 Nationals LP and reaction and win

Aliona/Bruno in Pyeongchang, and the entire pairs final group had so many emotions

Shibs being so emotional after their FD in Pyeongchang, because they realized what a journey they've been on. SO MANY PEOPLE doubted them, but they kept at it. I'm thrilled for them.

P&C and V&M both giving STUNNING FDs in Pyeongchang, putting it all out there when it counted, and their reactions after the program and in the K&C

Patrick's individual LP in Pyeongchang, for most of which I was crying. Yes, there were mistakes, but I didn't care because the beauty of his skating was still there!!! Gosh, I'll miss his skating so much!!! :cry:

Suzuki's LP at 2013 Nationals and her reaction and the commentators' excitement

Shen/Zhao 2003 Worlds, where she had an injury and still skated like the warrior she is -- sublime. The standard against which all future Turnadots are measured in my mind! :bow: I also love their reaction after the 2004 Worlds LP when they got those 6.0s.

Patrick's LP at 2015 SC and how he was in tears afterward and appeared so grateful to be skating at SC again

Patrick's LP at 2016 4CC, coming back from a rough SP with a perfect LP and grabbing the gold medal by one point. He was so excited he slapped the ice.

Mirai making the 2018 Olympic Team with a clean LP and her reaction after she finished. Also, when she landed the 3A in the Olympic Team Event.

Alexa Scimeca's reaction at this year's Nationals when she realized in the K&C that they were going to the Olympics, sobbing in Chris's lap and unable to speak during the interview other than to choke out "God is good."

Shibs "Fix You" at Nationals and then realizing they won their first National Title

Joannie in Vancouver and how the crowd was behind her the entire time

Katia Gordeeva's tribute to Sergei

And so many more...;)

skatingfan4ever

Medalist
Country
United-States
One more -- Lulu's 1998 Olympic LP and all the tears of joy afterward!!! :love: :bow: A beautiful program by a beautiful skater. That program captures the story of her career; she became a butterfly. Having been 25th at the previous Worlds and wildly inconsistent in the Olympic season, she returned to her former excellence at the perfect moment. What a comeback story. There were many tears shed that night, but Lulu cried the most of anyone. That program is such a work of art, and you add in Lulu's personal journey and it makes it 100-times more incredible. She went through so many hardships on the way to that Olympic moment. I'll never forget it.

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
One more -- Lulu's 1998 Olympic LP and all the tears of joy afterward!!! :love: :bow: A beautiful program by a beautiful skater. That program captures the story of her career; she became a butterfly. Having been 25th at the previous Worlds and wildly inconsistent in the Olympic season, she returned to her former excellence at the perfect moment. What a comeback story. There were many tears shed that night, but Lulu cried the most of anyone. That program is such a work of art, and you add in Lulu's personal journey and it makes it 100-times more incredible. She went through so many hardships on the way to that Olympic moment. I'll never forget it.

Oh yes, I remember that (even though not at first instance). So beautiful, and those tears after all she'd been through.

skatingfan4ever

Medalist
Country
United-States
Oh yes, I remember that (even though not at first instance). So beautiful, and those tears after all she'd been through.
I remember watching a documentary about what she went through. I think it was narrated by Jim McKay. There was so much going on for Lulu before the Games. Sadly, I can't find it now. Does anyone know the video I'm talking about? I'm pretty sure I saw it after Jim McKay died and they were remembering his best work. It was so interesting to watch. I hope I can see it again.

corynna

On the Ice
The most emotional for me were:
- Yagudin winning the gold medal at the 2002 Olympics, with my all time favorite programs.
- Aliona and Bruno winning the gold medal in Pyeongchang and their amazing and emotional FS.
- Yuzuru and Javi on the olympic podium in Pyeongchang
- Sui/Han emotional skate to Bridge over troubled water, wining Worlds after coming back from injury.

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
Not really a moment, but I was rewatching the 2015 JGP in Bratislava and Ted Barton said "watch these girls, they will be on the Olympic podium" during the victory ceremony. And I realized that none of them, Polina, Mai, and Vivian Le, made their Olympic teams at all...

shirleyc89

Rinkside
The Shib sibs' reactions at the end of their free dance in Pyeongchang.
Nathan's reaction at the end of his free skate in Pyeongchang.
Team USA's reaction to Mirai nailing the 3A in the team event.
Jason Brown's reaction to the crowd at the end of his free skate at 2014 Nationals.

labgoat

I have no words
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'd like to add Kevin Reynolds perfect goodbye skate at 4CC and the reaction of his coach in tears. In fact the men's event at 4CC was pretty awesome with the men cheering each other on.