Is the 3A undervalued in women's TES? | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Is the 3A undervalued in women's TES?

tjb

Match Penalty
they were saying this during 2010 olympics sp. how yuna's combo is more awesome than mao

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
If skaters would start doing 3a’s in the last half of their program it would be worth more :biggrin:

oatmella

陈巍
Record Breaker
I think I recall a commentator saying that Yuna and Mao's combos were about equal during 2010 olympics SP.

TryMeLater

On the Ice
Reminder that Trusova performed the actual optimized layout for 2 different quads... Optimized layouts will be a thing, these aren't "layouts no one can do" if Trusova just performed one.

By not doing -3Lo combo you only lose 1 point. So in that case, performing a second 3A would only be worth 1.34 points more with your layout. Is it really worth it, even at that point? I don't think so, to me the risk of failure or poor GOE on a 3A far outweighs 1.3 points in BV.

I strongly believe that repeating a 3A is almost never a good idea. The benefit over just doing a single one is minimal. Only if the 3A is at a rock solid, stable level is it a good plan. But at that point, a quad would be far more potent still and with such a comfortable 3A, could be possible.

I totally agree regarding the optimized layouts.
The main problem with repeating the triple axel is the fact that you are only allowed to repeat two kinds of triples.
If they would consider the triple axel as a quad for the repeat count I think we might start to see some crazy content, esp. from Kihira.