2018-19 Russian Ice Dance | Page 18 | Golden Skate

2018-19 Russian Ice Dance

Lana05

Final Flight
President of the Federation of figure skating Russia Alexander Gorshkov denied the information that the Russian figure skater Sofya Polishchuk was beaten in Moscow. Earlier Mash channel in Telegram reported that the athlete was beaten by a friend after training. He allegedly tried to snatch the phone from her, struck several blows on his face and tried to strangle the girl.

"I instructed to understand the situation when we read this news. According to our information, nothing happened. Sophia was in training today, with her everything is ok, "- quotes Gorshkov's" RIA Novosti. "

https://www.championat.com/other/ne...byla-na-trenirovke-s-nej-vsjo-v-porjadke.html

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
President of the Federation of figure skating Russia Alexander Gorshkov denied the information that the Russian figure skater Sofya Polishchuk was beaten in Moscow. Earlier Mash channel in Telegram reported that the athlete was beaten by a friend after training. He allegedly tried to snatch the phone from her, struck several blows on his face and tried to strangle the girl.

"I instructed to understand the situation when we read this news. According to our information, nothing happened. Sophia was in training today, with her everything is ok, "- quotes Gorshkov's" RIA Novosti. "

https://www.championat.com/other/ne...byla-na-trenirovke-s-nej-vsjo-v-porjadke.html

Thank goodness.

Orlov

Medalist

https://www.sports.ru/figure-skating/1066741142.html

"The girl was returning home after training, when an old friend came to her - a guy with whom Sophia used to be friends and trained. Because of jealousy, he began to pester the figure skater-lady and pull out her phone."

Probably, that prick her ex. So, I guess, it was an ugly scene, but not as terrible as we imagined first.

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
https://www.sports.ru/figure-skating/1066741142.html

"The girl was returning home after training, when an old friend came to her - a guy with whom Sophia used to be friends and trained. Because of jealousy, he began to pester the figure skater-lady and pull out her phone."

Probably, that prick her ex. So, I guess, it was an ugly scene, but not as terrible as we imagined first.

Then where the heck did they get the inital report from :confused::palmf: geez.

Orlov

Medalist

No, here too was after this

"Polishchuk did not give the phone, for which the attacker struck her on the face several times, and then began to strangle her. The girl managed to fight off, after which she went to the hospital and applied to the police."

sorry for misunderstanding. I wanted to say that this case is confusing, but this clarifying information together with the subsequent statement of RusFed means that probably it was not as terrible as we thought at first.

Lana05

Final Flight

This info was taking from channel in Telegram...
Idk how much this resoure can be reliable because there are lots of crap things... And a journalist should make some calls before publishing and confirm info but didn't do this... Well typical Championat.com. I am visiting it only for football news and there are too much gossips their about girlfriends than it should be

madison

Record Breaker
I watched Stepanova/Bukin's free program from the test skate... I like the program, but it's such a pitty that Stepanova has such bad basic skating skills... it makes the steps so heavy and laboured :(.
Sinitsina/Katsalapov looked good together, but the program is very very old fashioned. i wonder why Zhulin doesn't try something more innovative with them

senben

Spectator
I really like Shpilevaya/Smirnov this season. It is refreshing to see a team that is not trying to look like PC, VM or HD.
Aslo, can't wait to see ZG new programm. They worked on their fd with Christopher Dean, so I expect something very creative.

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
Disappointed to see M/B get the Rostelecom spot over S/S -- can someone explain to me how the decision was made?

chameleon

On the Ice
Unless S/S are getting spots elsewhere that just haven't been announced yet, I struggle with how you could justify this decision. Unless Morozov/Bagin's tango RD is going to revolutionize the world of ice dance, S/S not only performed better at the test skates but had a better program and are a better team at this time.

bramweld

Record Breaker
Unless S/S are getting spots elsewhere that just haven't been announced yet, I struggle with how you could justify this decision. Unless Morozov/Bagin's tango RD is going to revolutionize the world of ice dance, S/S not only performed better at the test skates but had a better program and are a better team at this time.

Russian ice dance politics is real. I really wanted to see them on the big stage, their RD in particular is really good. But I guess it helps when your father is Morozov and your godmother is Tarasova. But the good thing is S/S can use this time to get even more spectacualr. Their time will come.

EDIT: Is their really no video of the RDs? I've seen S/K and S/S, but I'd really like to see the others. Even eyewitness accounts for the others would be great.

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Disappointed to see M/B get the Rostelecom spot over S/S -- can someone explain to me how the decision was made?

When I looked at his fskate.ru page, it says Bagin's grandfather is "chairman of the coaching council of FFKKR". So, I guess that plus her Dad.

ETA: and isn't TAT her godmother or something? So, between the 3 of them...

gmyers

Record Breaker
I watched Stepanova/Bukin's free program from the test skate... I like the program, but it's such a pitty that Stepanova has such bad basic skating skills... it makes the steps so heavy and laboured :(.
Sinitsina/Katsalapov looked good together, but the program is very very old fashioned. i wonder why Zhulin doesn't try something more innovative with them

I actually can’t wait and it’s kind of bad but I can’t wait to see her steps get all level 1 and then Bukin has to switch partners! Her twizzles will be level 1 and her steps level 1 and then Bukin freedom

Lana05

Final Flight
I actually can’t wait and it’s kind of bad but I can’t wait to see her steps get all level 1 and then Bukin has to switch partners! Her twizzles will be level 1 and her steps level 1 and then Bukin freedom

I can't wait to see them competing again and having all level 4 elements with high GOES and getting medals