2018-19 Russian Ice Dance | Page 19 | Golden Skate

2018-19 Russian Ice Dance

NaVi

Medalist
I'm baffled why the Russian fed let Georgy Reviya go... he has the absolute perfect personal aesthetic... the artistic potential is through the roof.

bramweld

Record Breaker
I'm baffled why the Russian fed let Georgy Reviya go... he has the absolute perfect personal aesthetic... the artistic potential is through the roof.

Well in just the same way they might let go of Drozd or Stolbova. Any other country would have loved to have him but apparently he wasn't blond, thin enough or well bred enough.

lavoix

Match Penalty

It will probably be easier to compete internationally that way.

They are a fantastic pair! Very excited to see how they develop.

elif

Medalist
I just saw some pretty amazing junior/novice dance couples at Ilia Averbukh’s show. I dont understand russian language so I didnt get their names. But I really hope they will skate for ISU competitions in future.

madison

Record Breaker

I wonder the same:shocked::confused:
I really liked him in the pair with Ksenia Konkina, although they were really at the beginning at that moment.
But maybe it's better this way for him, as he is able to compete internationally.
We can see that the Russian ice dance is really political, with all the push for Stepanova/Bukin and now for Morozov/Bagin.

gmyers

Record Breaker
Very very bad debut for s/b with the new system! Both got level one on twizzles! Of course she was going to get level 1 everyone knew that. But he did too! Skating down to protect her? Ridiculous?

moriel

Record Breaker
Russian forums mentioning it might be just for a show. If it is, I think that would be... dumb :laugh: Why bother when he could skate with Katya for shows, all things considered.

Well, we don't know what Bobrova's priorities are.
Maybe she wants to retire entirely and have a kid, for example.

surimi

Congrats to Sota, #10 in World Standings!
Record Breaker
If true, good; the more couples, the merrier. :popcorn:

sunn1ly

On the Ice
Are they trying to give us heart attack. If they have something to announce better do it soon. Together or not, on shows or on competitions, we all be happy to see them skating again. :)

moriel

Record Breaker
Yes, she has expressed a desire to have a kid and that's why they are taking a break/retiring from competition as a team. But I would think that shows don't require the same level of "readiness" as high-level competitions do and thus, if she were to have a kid right now, the break wouldn't be that big and Dima wouldn't need a new partner just for a year or so. B/S have skated together for almost two decades so to try to make a new partnership just for a show doesn't seem plausible to me :confused2: Plus he has expressed his desire to continue competing IF he finds the right partner. And I might be making this up, but I remember Katya saying they'd found someone but were keeping it a secret? And many assumed that meant she wouldn't retire and they would continue... Oh well, we'll see.

My thoughts here
Well, lets say she wants to have a kid. That means a break of a year at least - i guess its not easy and not recommended to skate much while pregnant, and then she will take some time to get back in shape. Also, it would make sense to wait some months till the kid is a bit bigger - travelling to shows with a small baby may not be fun. Kinda makes sense that Dima would get someone else to skate with for shows and training for the time.

madison

Record Breaker
My thoughts here
Well, lets say she wants to have a kid. That means a break of a year at least - i guess its not easy and not recommended to skate much while pregnant, and then she will take some time to get back in shape. Also, it would make sense to wait some months till the kid is a bit bigger - travelling to shows with a small baby may not be fun. Kinda makes sense that Dima would get someone else to skate with for shows and training for the time.

How is Zhulin related to this story? Does he have any show right now? Cause the pictures are from the rink where he trains.

bramweld

Record Breaker
people are saying its Zhulin's rink

Based on Dima's instagram it is. But honestly where else would they go? And I think the reference to the word home from Lena represents nostalgia from her early days. Nothing else to it really. They couldn't possibly be doing more than shows because the IL Academy is well booked for the remainder of the season.