Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 566

Thread: 2018-19 Russian Ice Dance

  1. #21
    Bona Fide Member
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    2,636

    4 Not allowed!
    The truth is that Stepanova is a weak skater and this does affect the team, even though Bukin is good and they might look fresh.
    They are at the 4th Worlds, considered Russian no,1, and finished on 7th and lost the TES to Tiff and Jon who are a new team on the international arena.
    I just hope that the Russian Fed will promote the couples who really deserve, not as they did with Konstantinova in the ladies.
    Tiff and Jon have everything to become a really excellent couple: good basics, chemistry, spicy. They need work, work, work and better programs.
    Next year, they'll have 2 other strong couples: S/S and S/A and even Betina and Sergey look promising.

  2. #22
    Medalist
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    1,288

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by gmyers View Post
    That’s doesnt mean much. They were probably going to be 8th in the SD again it’s bobrova and soloviev! They skipped these worlds for a reason. They knew they wouldn’t medal.



    No they didn’t. Not for Russian ice dance teams. You are past the point of any expectation for them and treat them like a Norwegian team or Luxembourg team.
    This literally is the first time that I have commented on this topic, so I'm not sure where you're getting these ideas. Might I point you to this piece of evidence to the contrary? http://www.isuresults.com/results/se...8/CAT004RS.HTM

    Notice anything missing?

  3. #23
    Medalist Mattieu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,151
    Country: France

    4 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Jenn View Post
    This literally is the first time that I have commented on this topic, so I'm not sure where you're getting these ideas. Might I point you to this piece of evidence to the contrary? http://www.isuresults.com/results/se...8/CAT004RS.HTM

    Notice anything missing?
    I think it is time to start ignoring gymers.

    No matter what we say, he/she will continue to rant and rave about how bad Russia is.
    He/she doesn't listen to anything any of us says, so it is a waste of time answering he/she.

    I wish I knew how to put gymers on ignore, as reading all these extreme postings is just so irritating, like having gum on your shoes.

  4. #24
    Medalist Mattieu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,151
    Country: France

    2 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by gmyers View Post
    That’s doesnt mean much. They were probably going to be 8th in the SD again it’s bobrova and soloviev! They skipped these worlds for a reason. They knew they wouldn’t medal.



    No they didn’t. Not for Russian ice dance teams. You are past the point of any expectation for them and treat them like a Norwegian team or Luxembourg team.

    Where is the ignore button?

  5. #25
    Medalist
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    1,711

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Luna Cat View Post
    If Weaver/Poje and Cappellini/Lanotte retire, Stepanova/Bukin could move up to the top five ...
    But stepanova and bukin are not “star” quality.😕 they aren’t what I think of when I think Russian Dance Team. They’re so acrobatic, imo. So I have to hope for the best in the upcoming junior teams.

  6. #26
    Rinkside
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    56

    1 Not allowed!
    I don't say that they have star quality. In my opinion some Russian Junior Dance Teams are more promising. But if the Russian Federation says: Stepanova/Bukin are now our No. 1, they will get a lot of support (PCS, GOEs ...) and could be in the top 5 next season (because of this support ...). I also think the Russian Federation prefers them to Zagorski/Guerreiro.

  7. #27
    Bona Fide Member Anyasnake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    2,304

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluediamonds09 View Post
    But stepanova and bukin are not “star” quality.😕 they aren’t what I think of when I think Russian Dance Team. They’re so acrobatic, imo. So I have to hope for the best in the upcoming junior teams.
    This is where I disagree, they are a bit star quality, in the sense that they are really showy. Very acrobatic, too much for my taste, but very audience oriented. It's the skating that lack a bit. Too much for the audience, not enough between them, there should be a balance. But they already started doing moves for the skae of showing that they could do them, it looked out of place sometimes. But yeah, less acrobatics, more dance would be nice.

  8. #28
    On the Ice Nightcrawler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    144
    Country: Greece

    2 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluediamonds09 View Post
    But stepanova and bukin are not “star” quality.😕 they aren’t what I think of when I think Russian Dance Team. They’re so acrobatic, imo. So I have to hope for the best in the upcoming junior teams.
    I'm not the biggest fan of Russian ice dance, but I think Stepanova & Bukin ooze star quality. With the right vehicle and hard work, they're a team that grabs your attention and for good reason. Great extension, long legs, nice posture, unique sit twizzles and the fact that they're very easy on the eyes doesn't hurt (although, you'd be hard pressed to find an ice dance team that's not gorgeous). Zagorski & Guerreiro have star quality too, IMHO, as do Popova & Mozgov. But charisma alone can take you so far if it's not supported by a sound technique. Look at Gilles & Poirier. I think they're weaker skaters than many of the Russians and if there's one team stuck in the 6.0 era when it comes to programs, it's them, BUT they've worked hard to build routines that play to their strengths, hit their levels more consinstently and they've even introduced a new dance pattern!

  9. #29
    Bona Fide Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    5,955

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Jenn View Post
    This literally is the first time that I have commented on this topic, so I'm not sure where you're getting these ideas. Might I point you to this piece of evidence to the contrary? http://www.isuresults.com/results/se...8/CAT004RS.HTM

    Notice anything missing?
    A Russian team in the top 3 is missing. Russian placements less than 13 is missing.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mattieu View Post
    I think it is time to start ignoring gymers.

    No matter what we say, he/she will continue to rant and rave about how bad Russia is.
    He/she doesn't listen to anything any of us says, so it is a waste of time answering he/she.

    I wish I knew how to put gymers on ignore, as reading all these extreme postings is just so irritating, like having gum on your shoes.
    Whether I comment or not or you read the comments or not Russia still doesn’t have any world medals or gpf medals for an entire quad and the entire program is collapsing into irrelevance and disaster.

  10. #30
    On the Ice ines42575's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    470
    Country: Uruguay

    0 Not allowed!
    What are the chances of Davis/Varlamov to get a JGP spot next season? They didn't perform well at Junior Nationals, but maybe if other couples move to seniors...

  11. #31
    Bona Fide Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    5,955

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluediamonds09 View Post
    But stepanova and bukin are not “star” quality.😕 they aren’t what I think of when I think Russian Dance Team. They’re so acrobatic, imo. So I have to hope for the best in the upcoming junior teams.
    This is so funny! I Remember when s/b were the junior team going to save Russia now it’s like “when are s/b going to be pushed out of the way by Good juniors!”

  12. #32
    GS Supporter SnowWhite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    4,010
    Country: Canada

    2 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by ines42575 View Post
    What are the chances of Davis/Varlamov to get a JGP spot next season? They didn't perform well at Junior Nationals, but maybe if other couples move to seniors...
    I'm not that familiar with the Russian junior teams who haven't been on the JGP. This season, Skotcova/Aleshin, Polishchuk/Vakhnov, Shevchenko/Eremenko, Ushakova/Nekrasov, Konkina/Yakushev, and Khudaiberdieva/Nazarov all got two spots. Shpilevaya/Smirnov and Lopareva/Karpushov got one. S/S would have got a second if they hadn't been injured, and K/N probably wouldn't have.

    S/A, S/S and L/K are aging out. So assuming all the other teams who were on the JGP stay and get two spots, that leaves 4 spots open. I don't know who among the other teams at Junior Nats and the junior dance at the Cup of Russia final are age eligible. And it will also come down to how people look at test skates.

    At the Final of the Cup of Russia, Elizaveta SHANAEVA / David NARIZHNY, Angelina LAZAREVA / Maxim PROKOFIEV, Sophia TYUTYUNINA / Alexander SHUSTITSKY, and Sofia LITVINOVA / Alexander BALYKOV finished ahead of Davis/Varlamov.

    At Junior Nationals, Eva Kuts / Dmitrii Mikhailov, Ekaterina Andreeva / Ivan Desyatov, Lazareva/Prokofiev, Polina Ivanenko / Daniil Karpov, Alexandra Kravchenko / Gordey Khubulov, and Shanaeva/Narizhny finished ahead of them.

    So without knowing much about any of those teams, I would guess that D/V would need a good showing at the test skates to have a chance.

  13. #33
    Tripping on the Podium Kitt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    814

    2 Not allowed!
    I really don't understand the Stepanova/Bukin hate. I have looked for her "lack of skating skills" and just don't see it. She keeps up with Bukin beautifully in side by side elements. And I love their lifts! They are beautiful together - I just don't get the hate!

  14. #34
    Bona Fide Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    5,955

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitt View Post
    I really don't understand the Stepanova/Bukin hate. I have looked for her "lack of skating skills" and just don't see it. She keeps up with Bukin beautifully in side by side elements. And I love their lifts! They are beautiful together - I just don't get the hate!
    The caller was so generous at worlds and no step from s/b was level 4! It looks like she is keeping up with Bukin but he is doing moves on correct edges and she is doing moves wrong. Why didn’t they get level 4 step anything? Because she can’t do what’s required! Doesn’t have the talent. Edge awareness is weak.

  15. #35
    Tripping on the Podium Kitt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    814

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by gmyers View Post
    The caller was so generous at worlds and no step from s/b was level 4! It looks like she is keeping up with Bukin but he is doing moves on correct edges and she is doing moves wrong. Why didn’t they get level 4 step anything? Because she can’t do what’s required! Doesn’t have the talent. Edge awareness is weak.
    I still think that if she were on a "flat" she wouldn't be able to keep up with him (would not curve). I remain unconvinced!

  16. #36
    Bona Fide Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    2,032

    0 Not allowed!
    Well, whatever problem anyone might think Stepanova has should probably look further to their coaches. Tell me a single team from Svinin and Zhuk that got a level four step sequence this quad - outside of Russia. I can tell you from the top of my head that none of them did, either Senior or Junior. The only teams that I can remember getting those level 4s came from either Kustarova, Rumiantseva or Zhulin.

    Svinin and Zhuk can package a team to the max, but the TES is always suffering - I mean, S/B lost to Z/G in BV in both programs, that's not promising. I know people have an aversion to Zhulin, but send some of those kids to him to skate alongside S/K, at least as a last resort. Also, Gorshkov produced good teams in juniors, but the work he did deconstructing I/S was just ridiculous, so I don't trust him that much yet.

    But S/B had the chance to establish themselves as number one in Russia, but all I saw was how much Z/G got close to them, unless it was an Olympic bonus or whatever.

  17. #37
    Bona Fide Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    12,007
    Country: Canada

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by gmyers View Post
    That’s doesnt mean much. They were probably going to be 8th in the SD again it’s bobrova and soloviev! They skipped these worlds for a reason. They knew they wouldn’t medal..
    Their SD scores at the Olympics were 74.76 and 75.47, which would have placed them in the final flight after the SD. And given the high SD scores everyone was getting they likely would have scored above 77, and been 5th over C/B.

    But, by all means, do keep going...

  18. #38
    Medalist Mattieu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,151
    Country: France

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by gmyers View Post
    A Russian team in the top 3 is missing. Russian placements less than 13 is missing.



    Whether I comment or not or you read the comments or not Russia still doesn’t have any world medals or gpf medals for an entire quad and the entire program is collapsing into irrelevance and disaster.
    Repetition, repetition, repetition, we heard you the first 1 million times, so change the record

  19. #39
    Bona Fide Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    5,955

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadianSkaterGuy View Post
    Their SD scores at the Olympics were 74.76 and 75.47, which would have placed them in the final flight after the SD. And given the high SD scores everyone was getting they likely would have scored above 77, and been 5th over C/B.

    But, by all means, do keep going...
    Clinging to b/s with their horrible world record is very sad. They didn’t go. That says it all. There was no reason for them not to go. They had no injury, no emergency, no problems, no conflicts.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mattieu View Post
    Repetition, repetition, repetition, we heard you the first 1 million times, so change the record
    Only when Russia changes its record.

  20. #40
    Medalist Mattieu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,151
    Country: France

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by gmyers View Post
    Clinging to b/s with their horrible world record is very sad. They didn’t go. That says it all. There was no reason for them not to go. They had no injury, no emergency, no problems, no conflicts.


    Only when Russia changes its record.
    I shall make efforts to avoid all threads you frequent, as you are more than irritating with your obsessions.
    Shame this is not the FSU thread, as they have an ignore button.
    Many many users have casey edwards on ignore.
    He/she is equally as irritating as you.
    People want to have informed discussions not be bored by someone repeatedly expressing exactly the same over the top views in a vendetta against whatever they are against.
    So I wish you a good life and hope you get over your obsession before everyone ignores you like I am.
    bye!

    Yippee I've found out how to put you on ignore yayy, No more gymers

Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •