2018-19 Russian Ice Dance | Page 22 | Golden Skate

2018-19 Russian Ice Dance

Mdk0144

On the Ice
is there anyone better than konkina for drozd? Don't think so. Even konkina is a step up from loboda. In juniors (really even seniors) almost all the boys are better than the girls. Konkina/drozd can't be worse than sinitsina/zhiganshin was.

elena ilynikh!!!!!!!!!!

bramweld

Record Breaker
elena ilynikh!!!!!!!!!!

Without a doubt but I get a feeling he's looking for a particular type. Consider that he's had extended tryouts with Staviskaya, Abashkina and now he's working with Konkina.

TBH though I think Lena may have moved on with her Academy and other commitments, but that's purely speculation on my part.

vorravorra

Record Breaker
My thoughts here
Well, lets say she wants to have a kid. That means a break of a year at least - i guess its not easy and not recommended to skate much while pregnant, and then she will take some time to get back in shape. Also, it would make sense to wait some months till the kid is a bit bigger - travelling to shows with a small baby may not be fun. Kinda makes sense that Dima would get someone else to skate with for shows and training for the time.
Yes, Katya definitely wants to have a kid and according to the latest talk she is already on her way there.

BillNeal

You Know I'm a FS Fan...
Record Breaker
Shevchenko/Eremenko are still the most interesting for me out of all the Russian ice dance couples that have debuted. I hope they will take the time between now and JGPF to polish their dances. I prefer them over U/N and K/N and hope that they can have a strong showing there to gain some momentum to hopefully win the junior National title.

Mdk0144

On the Ice
Shevchenko/Eremenko are still the most interesting for me out of all the Russian ice dance couples that have debuted. I hope they will take the time between now and JGPF to polish their dances. I prefer them over U/N and K/N and hope that they can have a strong showing there to gain some momentum to hopefully win the junior National title.

Same here :) Sofia is such a DIVA on the ice.

elysium

On the Ice

Shevchenko/Eremenko are by far the most well packaged Russian juniors right now. Their programs are always interesting and new. However, I find Shevchenko lacking slightly soft knees and deep edges. Basically similar problems as Stepanova, maybe not strange since they have the same coaching team if I remember correctly.

sunn1ly

On the Ice
Indeed Shevchenko/Eremenko look more like they are ready to move on to adults, the look , the packaging , the expressions are already for next level, I like them, but I was totally blown away by the speed and things Ushakova Nekrasov do, so I am putting my hopes on them. I hope U/N continue to improve and keep the speed, the technique, making weird programs and not look like the rest of the couples as they grow. So I am supporting them for the title.

Mdk0144

On the Ice
I think that if Ushakova can actually fix her skating posture, she could be a better skater. It reminds me of elena radionova. Right now, my attention goes to Nekrazov.

BillNeal

You Know I'm a FS Fan...
Record Breaker
Agree that Ushakova/Nekrazov have nice speed across the ice. I enjoyed their weird Be Italian program last season, particularly that very difficult ending twisting lift which is both difficult and innovative. However, I am put off by their OTT expression in both their RDs (latin and tango) particularly; you can see that especially in their openings that don't necessarily match the character of their dances. I would also like to see more light and shade from their dances by adding some subtlety to their movements and expressions, as well as more graceful use of their arms.

Ice Dance

Record Breaker
I like Shevchenko & Eremenko's SD more that Ushakova & Nekrasov's. I like Ushakova & Nekrasov's FD more than Shevchenko & Ermenko's.

lavoix

Match Penalty
Indeed Shevchenko/Eremenko look more like they are ready to move on to adults, the look , the packaging , the expressions are already for next level, I like them, but I was totally blown away by the speed and things Ushakova Nekrasov do, so I am putting my hopes on them. I hope U/N continue to improve and keep the speed, the technique, making weird programs and not look like the rest of the couples as they grow. So I am supporting them for the title.

U/N are definitely Russia's next IT ice dance team, and I like the fact that they are training with coaches that are showing something different from other pairs.

ejnsofi

Final Flight

They look mature on the ice but level 2 on steps :palmf:
They have great presence and can sell their programs but their team should work on their edge work (actually it’s applicable to all Russian ice dance teams). U/N certainly have their own style and I’m waiting for their development

Lester

Piper and Paul are made of magic dust and unicorns
Final Flight
I guess both S/B and S/K are in contention now, good for Russia. Although I vastly prefer S/K.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
I guess both S/B and S/K are in contention now, good for Russia. Although I vastly prefer S/K.

I'll say! As much as certain folks like to think the sky is falling when it comes to Russian ice dance, Russia's medalled on every GP so far, including a GP win. S/B and S/K have 2 of the top 4 total scores (S/B are almost leading), and S/K beat H/D (the team with currently the leading total score) in the FD at Skate Canada. Given how Rostelecom has scored their home skaters in the past, S/B stand to surpass H/D.

Glad to see a resurgence in Russia, fueled by technically strong teams - and all of the top ones are interesting in their own way, not just cookie cutter. They will very likely be back on the podium at Worlds this year. :)

Lana05

Final Flight
I actually can’t wait and it’s kind of bad but I can’t wait to see her steps get all level 1 and then Bukin has to switch partners! Her twizzles will be level 1 and her steps level 1 and then Bukin freedom

Stepanova/Bukin just won gold at GP, baby. That's kinda of bad but can't wait to see crying because of this :biggrin: