2018-19 Russian Ice Dance | Page 26 | Golden Skate

2018-19 Russian Ice Dance

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
I think when Z/G are “on” they are amazing but perhaps they just didn’t have the skill necessary to really pull off the FD. It was very complicated.

Normally I would never say this, because I'm not a big fan of reruns, but if Z/G were smart they'd keep that FD for next season. It's actually quite a well choreographed dance. If they could clean up the tech and polish polish polish, I think they could really do as well with it as Hawayek and Baker did with their second year of Liberstraum.

Morozov/Bagin is one of those mediocre teams that you instantly forget about 47 seconds after their score is posted. But Russian Dance Politics IS endlessly entertaining...

Oh, one last thing, you can positively smell the newness off Konkina and Drozd, but they have a good look and certainly tons of potential. However I think they're going to need a few years (not months) to really gel as a team. That's just the way ID works. Still, I think they're worth keeping an eye on for the future.

bramweld

Record Breaker
Normally I would never say this, because I'm not a big fan of reruns, but if Z/G were smart they'd keep that FD for next season. It's actually quite a well choreographed dance. If they could clean up the tech and polish polish polish, I think they could really do as well with it as Hawayek and Baker did with their second year of Liberstraum.

Morozov/Bagin is one of those mediocre teams that you instantly forget about 47 seconds after their score is posted. But Russian Dance Politics IS endlessly entertaining...

Oh, one last thing, you can positively smell the newness off Konkina and Drozd, but they have a good look and certainly tons of potential. However I think they're going to need a few years (not months) to really gel as a team. That's just the way ID works. Still, I think they're worth keeping an eye on for the future.

I just think Tiffany is the one who has been injured all year but that FD seems the most difficult for her partner. They need a new FD that they can manage.

1904sk8

On the Ice
Can someone explain what just happened in the rhythm dance?

The russians are 2-4 (kind of surprising). L/L always had potential to be on top but they have been making technical mistakes all season (until now). I am more surprised by the order of the russians (k/n 2nd, s/e 3rd, u/n 4th)

gonewiththewind25

Final Flight
The russians are 2-4 (kind of surprising). L/L always had potential to be on top but they have been making technical mistakes all season (until now). I am more surprised by the order of the russians (k/n 2nd, s/e 3rd, u/n 4th)

It’s not really that surprising in terms of the order for Russians. U/N didn’t get their levels at all (level 2 and B patterns, and level 2 on their steps). Even though they got the highest PCS, they were let down by the Technical elements. For S/E, to some degree it was down to the levels because they got a Level 4 pattern but also a Level 1, which cost them in their Tech. Comparatively K/N got a Level 4 and a Level 2 on their patterns, giving them the technical edge. It is interesting though that S/E got the lowest PCS of the 3 teams. The FD will be interesting, but I think the judges got it right on a whole for the RD.

bramweld

Record Breaker
It’s not really that surprising in terms of the order for Russians. U/N didn’t get their levels at all (level 2 and B patterns, and level 2 on their steps). Even though they got the highest PCS, they were let down by the Technical elements. For S/E, to some degree it was down to the levels because they got a Level 4 pattern but also a Level 1, which cost them in their Tech. Comparatively K/N got a Level 4 and a Level 2 on their patterns, giving them the technical edge. It is interesting though that S/E got the lowest PCS of the 3 teams. The FD will be interesting, but I think the judges got it right on a whole for the RD.

The team with the best combination of interpretation and skating skills has always been H/N they've just always struggled with their levels. Arina and partner are struggling with her growing spurt and her really, really poor posture. In terms of the skating, I honestly believed the judges got it about right, but hey things could change in the FD, right?

gonewiththewind25

Final Flight
I think K/N are absolutely fantatstic and I think their FD is a great vehicle for them this season. I’m hoping they can hold on to the second spot on the podium!

BillNeal

You Know I'm a FS Fan...
Record Breaker
I'm not sure why S/E got the lowest PCS of the top 4. To me, they have the best tango interpretation and composition, chemistry, lines and polish of the three Russians. They may not be as fast as U/N but they have improved their SS throughout the season. Hoping they can move up after the free.

s_parks

Record Breaker
I'm not sure why S/E got the lowest PCS of the top 4. To me, they have the best tango interpretation and composition, chemistry, lines and polish of the three Russians. They may not be as fast as U/N but they have improved their SS throughout the season. Hoping they can move up after the free.

I can understand having them 3rd in pcs but behind U/N on that mark is just wrong.

gonewiththewind25

Final Flight
U/N's skating looks quite hunchy and uncomfortable now so I really don't understand them getting the highest score for SS (tied with K/N, who I thought were far superior in this particular department).

bramweld

Record Breaker
U/N's skating looks quite hunchy and uncomfortable now so I really don't understand them getting the highest score for SS (tied with K/N, who I thought were far superior in this particular department).

100% agreed. I don't quite understand it, but they look awkward in hold almost looks as though they are fighting for their positions in hold, her more precisely. Everything just looks so difficult. They are fast but there has to be more to it than just speed, right?

gonewiththewind25

Final Flight
100% agreed. I don't quite understand it, but they look awkward in hold almost looks as though they are fighting for their positions in hold, her more precisely. Everything just looks so difficult. They are fast but there has to be more to it than just speed, right?

There has to be. The ease and the flow just doesn't seem to be there in their skating and its gotten pretty distracting, to be honest.

Mohacz

Medalist
Country
Poland
Excellent results for both Russian duos after the RD. Small medals and big chances at least one of the couples will stand on the podium tomorrow. Great job! For me, the FD will be the most interesting final of these Worlds. Good luck Victoria, Alexandra, Nikita and Ivan!!!!!

starla16

Medalist
if one can stay clean in FD, I think one of S/B or S/K will be on podium. S/K have higher scoring but Ill bet on S/B for stability.
Poor Zahorski / Guereiro are the new Riazanova / Tkachenko their filler years are over with Schevenko / Eremenko and Khubadarieva / Nazarov going seniors next season.

maybe Zahorski / Guereiro should represent Azerbaijan , Kazakhstan, UK or even Australia ?
they wont be of use nest season for the russian fed with the Non Kustarova Juniors are going seniors.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
Russians stand before the excellent chance to increase their number of entries to three for the next season. :agree:

starla16

Medalist
when was Russia last gotten 3 spot in ice dance ?

also are Zahorski/Guereiro still needed ? they might try skating for UK or Australia, 2 Non Kustarova Juniors will be senior next season, Khubadarieva/Nazarov and Schevchenko/Eremenko