2018-19 Russian Ice Dance | Page 28 | Golden Skate

2018-19 Russian Ice Dance

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Elena Ilinykh has announced her retirement https://vk.com/feed?w=wall-110044835_43292

I am really sad. I wish she and Nikita could kiss and make up. They really could have been special. They had the fire and passion of Usova and Zhulin and as they continued to develop technically wow. Davis and White, Virtue and Moir, P/C all have wonderful qualities D and W maybe the best technicians. V and M such diversity and p/c the most lyrical team ever. But I/K were fire and ice, vim and vigour on ice.

I know she is coaching but what if...I know that is all history. Wish her well.

elbkup

Power without conscience is a savage weapon
Medalist
Country
United-States
lovely kids! if i'm understandig correctly their names are Platon and Eudokia (heavy names, but i like the name Eudokia :biggrin:)

Thanks for the names!! I would never have known otherwise....:biggrin:

tempo

On the Ice
lovely kids! if i'm understandig correctly their names are Platon and Eudokia (heavy names, but i like the name Eudokia :biggrin:)

Eudokia/Evdokia (Greek: Ευδοκία) is a Greek female name, that was accepted by Russians from Byzantine Empire with Christianization.
The diminutive name in Russian is Dunia/Dunya mostly, but there are another diminutive and alternative names too, for example Avdotya, Dusya.
Eudokia is a very rare female name in Russia now. It was widely used until the 18th century.

Platon (Greek: Πλάτων) is a Greek male name, also came from Byzantine Empire. It is a very rare name in Russia now.

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
Thanks for the names!! I would never have known otherwise....:biggrin:

you're welcome :biggrin:

Eudokia/Evdokia (Greek: Ευδοκία) is a Greek female name, that was accepted by Russians from Byzantine Empire with Christianization.
The diminutive name in Russian is Dunia/Dunya mostly, but there are another diminutive and alternative names too, for example Avdotya, Dusya.
Eudokia is a very rare female name in Russia now. It was widely used until the 18th century.

Platon (Greek: Πλάτων) is a male Greek name, also came from Byzantine Empire. It is a very rare name in Russia now.

are they siblings? it would explpain the coincidence of having a pair of children of the same age (well more or less) with such traditional names. or maybe in eastern europe old flavored names are back in fashion, in juniors men there's an Irakli (Hercules) from Georgia, in pairs an Apollinaria.

P. S.: if i well recall Eudokia was a Byzantine empress (or more than one), Platon is the philosopher

Arbitrary

Medalist
Elena Ilyinikh decided to resign as a full time skater. Her plans is to build another sport academy together with Yulia Lipnitskaya.

theharleyquinn

Medalist
Elena Ilyinikh decided to resign as a full time skater. Her plans is to build another sport academy together with Yulia Lipnitskaya.

I was always holding a candle that she might come back, but she and Yulia are doing great work and I'm glad she's still contributing to the sport.

Arbitrary

Medalist
Funny...

Ilyunikh denied her today's morning words.
- I never discussed the end of my career with anyone.

What was that?

sailormoon

On the Ice
Country
Japan
Previously, Elena Ilinykh said that she was not preparing for the next season in a radio interview. But she has not officially submitted a document to the Russian Federation of Figure Skating to end her career, according to Alexander Gorshkov.

- I love figure skating so much that it is too early to say that I am parting with it. The question of the completion of a career has not yet been officially discussed with anyone.

luckyguy

Match Penalty

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Most important were the Theodosian empresses Aelia Eudocia Augusta, her daughter Licinia Eudoxia, and Aelia Eudoxia (not to be confused with Aelia Eudocia Augusta).
See Kenneth G. Holum, Theodosian Empresses: Women and Imperial Dominion in Late Antiquity, University of California Press, 1989.

Spousal unit had drinks with Kenneth Holum at an APA convention many many many moons ago. Says he knows his Eastern Empire.

Sorry, I couldn’t resist, classicists do not often get cited in figure skating forums. :) And young Eudokia and Platon are too charming.

Kittosuni

Medalist
Question, since Elena is retired will she get pension from winning gold and bronze from the olympics? or does she need to reach certain age?

What are the criteria's that a sportsmen has to achieve to be eligible of pensions? Winning Olympics or World or Euros?

starla16

Medalist
Stepanova/ Bukin looking good coming from her minor injury.

that kiss at the end is just for theatrics or are they dating now ?
I know Stepanova use to have a boyfriend and her and Bukin were just friends