2018-19 Russian Ice Dance | Page 9 | Golden Skate

2018-19 Russian Ice Dance

Barb

Record Breaker
gmyers, has another convert, hehe. :popcorn:

:eek:: not exactly but I can not help that call my attention the fact that the only ice dancer who probably will train outside of Russia is Eteri's daughter, Eteri is an intelligent woman who has shown to know the ISU system well and how to strategize.

coldblueeyes

Record Breaker
Country
Brazil
:eek:: not exactly but I can not help that call my attention the fact that the only ice dancer who probably will train outside of Russia is Eteri's daughter, Eteri is an intelligent woman who has shown to know the ISU system well and how to strategize.

She knows how to strategize, but for that to a miracle there's still a long way. Also, what's so good about moving to another country to train as #4 or #5 in another camp? Montreal did good work, but even then not all their teams are at the top - not all of them are P/C and V/M either, and we all know how many times H/D choked before their world medal.

icedinn

wishing ksenia/kirill happiness 4ever
On the Ice
Thank you for the confirmation of the split. The rumor from earlier says she is likely skating with Vakhnov.

Excuse me but WHAT? Where did you hear this?? P/V have skated together since childhood so it seems strange they'd break up. Is it because they didn't make it to jr worlds again? Somebody please tell me this is just a rumor going around randomly! Sofia and Alexander are one of my favourite teams competing. I'll be gutted if they split up.

Ice Dance

Record Breaker
Excuse me but WHAT? Where did you hear this?? P/V have skated together since childhood so it seems strange they'd break up. Is it because they didn't make it to jr worlds again? Somebody please tell me this is just a rumor going around randomly! Sofia and Alexander are one of my favourite teams competing. I'll be gutted if they split up.

I read it both earlier in this thread and on FSU. (Think it has been discussed on a Russian forum elsewhere). Again, at this point it is a rumor. No confirmation from anyone thus far. Yakushev going up on IPS does, however, confirm that he and Konkina have split.

gmyers

Record Breaker
New rumor says Eteri might send her daughter (Davis-Varlamov team) to Canton.

Of course! She knows that Russian ice dance establishment is the worst in the world. Look at European figure skating championships ice dance. Whole groups train in Michigan! Being a smart woman of means she is not going to completely destroy her daughters potential by having her train with zhulin or svinan or zhuk or kustarova or the horrible nightmare of having tarasova around her daughter!

bramweld

Record Breaker
Of course! She knows that Russian ice dance establishment is the worst in the world. Look at European figure skating championships ice dance. Whole groups train in Michigan! Being a smart woman of means she is not going to completely destroy her daughters potential by having her train with zhulin or svinan or zhuk or kustarova or the horrible nightmare of having tarasova around her daughter!

Somebody who feels my pain. Tarasova should be nowhere around dancers, or figure skaters, period. She does make however for entertaining commentary with the really awful pairs. Did that sound very snarky? #ohbehaveemojineeded#

Iris81

On the Ice
Well, rumor about Zoueva is still just a rumor and Davis-Varlamov were spotted at Kustarova's rink. :laugh: So, let's wait and see what happens.:)

Iris81

On the Ice

Unfortunately, it's true, Sofia is looking for a partner: https://tulup.ru/partnerview3107.html

madison

Record Breaker
Well, rumor about Zoueva is still just a rumor and Davis-Varlamov were spotted at Kustarova's rink. :laugh: So, let's wait and see what happens.:)

Zueva doesn't have so good results with junior couples. In fact, i don't know if she has any juniors. She's better on polishing the couples and for creating romantic programs.

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Zueva doesn't have so good results with junior couples. In fact, i don't know if she has any juniors. She's better on polishing the couples and for creating romantic programs.

She has Lewis and Bye. They switched from Igor before Nationals I believe. I thought they looked better after the switch. And of course, it's been a while, but she had V/M, D/W and the Shibs when they were juniors. Of course, Igor was still with her then.

Ice Dance

Record Breaker

She & Scali haven't taken on very many young teams, but they have started to take on a few more. As Snow White said, she took on Lewis & Bye last season and also Buckley & Chen (2nd in U.S. Novices), who will probably compete in juniors this season providing they are still together. (They were a new partnership last year). Katarina Wolfkostin (1st in U.S. Novices) also used to train with a former partner under Marina.