2018-19 Russian Ice Dance | Page 20 | Golden Skate

2018-19 Russian Ice Dance

sunn1ly

On the Ice
I will wait and hear it from them. There are so many skaters skipping this season anyway, so I still not want to rule out competitions because we are speaking for elite athletes with huge experience and skills they can decide either way, if they want to they can always participate in shows, if they still want to compete they can.

Amei

Record Breaker
Based on Dima's instagram it is. But honestly where else would they go? And I think the reference to the word home from Lena represents nostalgia from her early days. Nothing else to it really. They couldn't possibly be doing more than shows because the IL Academy is well booked for the remainder of the season.

Well doesn't Dmitri have to sit out a competitive season anyway since he's swapping partners or is there a provision for pairs/ice dancers whose partners retire?

Even if they sit out this year, there's 3 years to the Olympics.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Well doesn't Dmitri have to sit out a competitive season anyway since he's swapping partners or is there a provision for pairs/ice dancers whose partners retire?

Even if they sit out this year, there's 3 years to the Olympics.

The sitting out period only applies if they're switching countries. If Dima and Elena wanted to compete now for Russia, they could do senior Bs.

lavoix

Match Penalty
I honestly think Drozd and Stolbova should just represent France. Less competition for them in Russia.

Mdk0144

On the Ice
I honestly think Drozd and Stolbova should just represent France. Less competition for them in Russia.

same here. since James/Cipres is going to retire soon, France needs a new top pair. and I think if drozd and abachkina teams up officially and represent france, they could get the no.2 spot and be the no.1 after P/C retires.

lavoix

Match Penalty
same here. since James/Cipres is going to retire soon, France needs a new top pair. and I think if drozd and abachkina teams up officially and represent france, they could get the no.2 spot and be the no.1 after P/C retires.

Exactly, more potential to grow as a couple/pair, plus Abachkina/Drozd can just get exposure to MFD and her team in Montreal. I just don't think Zhulin does this pair any justice.

Stolbova/Novoselov can just continue to train in Russia if they want. Though I think they will not be coached by Mozer, I don't know who else would be a good pairs coach for them. Mozer has done wonders for Ksenia.

noidont

Final Flight
Who were the people here confidently claiming "Soloviev will never ever skate with Ilinykh"?

Aren't Stolbova coached by N. Morozov?

madison

Record Breaker
The latest rumour is that Drozd paired up with Ksenia Konkina lol.
The Russian ice dance is never boring, indeed :biggrin:

Artemisa

Final Flight
In the season that rumors are true.... I would like to see Elena + Dima if that means she is back t competition ...

Mdk0144

On the Ice
Exactly, more potential to grow as a couple/pair, plus Abachkina/Drozd can just get exposure to MFD and her team in Montreal. I just don't think Zhulin does this pair any justice.

Stolbova/Novoselov can just continue to train in Russia if they want. Though I think they will not be coached by Mozer, I don't know who else would be a good pairs coach for them. Mozer has done wonders for Ksenia.

I really don't like the Montrealish Ice dancing, but I can get your point. How about Angelika Krylova or Marina Zueva?

Not only coached, according to the Russian forum.

No, not Morozov again:palmf:

The Russian ice dance is never boring, indeed :biggrin:

Hahaha, agreed. I'll have to go get to watch Ksenia Konkina.

madison

Record Breaker
In the season that rumors are true.... I would like to see Elena + Dima if that means she is back t competition ...

About Elena and Dima, I understood that they paired up for some Navka's shows for now, but the impression on their new couple is good, and maybe they might continue in the competitions.

Artemisa

Final Flight
So it's true that they've almost teamed up but unfortuntately couldn't bcz of the french fed. And Angelique is now retiring.Angelique's instagram

WHAT????
I already had my heart break when the summer split .... now she is not competing ....:hpull: WHYYYY??? Are the Feds on meds?

P.S. I'm surprise at this point that russia don't have a soap opera call Figure skating ...

elysium

On the Ice
A few days not coming to this thread, so much news.

It would really be something if Lena and Dima can compete as well! It has been such an unsatisfactory end to Lena's career.

If Konkina is leaving Vakhnov for Drozd, then Vakhnov can go back to Polishchuk :laugh:. Such a pity about Angelique.

bramweld

Record Breaker
I actually hope lena and pavel team up:laugh2: They'll match good.

They would actually, exceedingly soft knees and lightness of being, they have the ability to inhabit a role, Zhulin could do wonders with them. Konkina is a lovely looking girl and quite small, but he is way outside her weight class. But I'm beginning to think that the majority of male Russin ice dancers are spoiled rich kids who don't know the meaning of the word hard work. There may be few notable exceptions but for the most part meh. If this were a Scott Moir he'd have contacted Lena long ago.

But eh, this wouldn't be Russian ice dance without the uber DRAMA. :rolleye: