2018-19 Russian Ladies' figure skating | Page 951 | Golden Skate

2018-19 Russian Ladies' figure skating

Sam L

Medalist
OMG the skating lesson just posted a photo on Instagram of Eteri and team eyeing Zhenya. :eek: The comments are going crazy!

nips

Rinkside

Confession: I guess it happened because she is the only other Eteri skater from the same generation, and Eteri changing her narrative from "Alina really did great because of Evgenia, Evgenia is perfect" to "Evgenia only did that well because of Alina" just didn't sit right for me, and I involuntarily took sides. That's the outcome of the Eteri-Evgenia "war" for me.

In my understanding Eteri express herself like this, because of the critiqe that Zhenya kind of helped Alina and shared with her her experiences so it was unfair that Alina won wit that tiny point difference. Most of the russian skaters were where thinking whis way and rooting for Zhenya during the Olympics, what was completely understandable, Zhenya constantly proved herself for two season in a row. Maybe Eteri wanted only to point out that even Alina contributed with her yought and energy to the training process of Zhenya.

Either way, I like both girls and on friday we well enjoy their clean skates:agree:

Fluture

Record Breaker

Charlotte 71

On the Ice
please don't use this poisonous color anymore

What exactly is wrong with PyeongChang-rink-boards purple? Now we're not allowed to confess in purple anymore? I think it pisses God off if you walk by the color purple in a confession somewhere and don't notice it. (Although I guess you did notice it.) :scard8:

Vandevska

U don't have to build the end of the world out it.
Medalist
In my understanding Eteri express herself like this, because of the critiqe that Zhenya kind of helped Alina and shared with her her experiences so it was unfair that Alina won wit that tiny point difference. Most of the russian skaters were where thinking whis way and rooting for Zhenya during the Olympics, what was completely understandable, Zhenya constantly proved herself for two season in a row. Maybe Eteri wanted only to point out that even Alina contributed with her yought and energy to the training process of Zhenya.

Either way, I like both girls and on friday we well enjoy their clean skates:agree:

Nah, I wouldn't have cared if it was soon after the competition, but this was months later, even after Evgenia had settled in, in Canada. And it kinda spiked a nerve. I didn't like the "Alina only did this because of Evgenia" narrative either.

What exactly is wrong with PyeongChang-rink-boards purple? Now we're not allowed to confess in purple anymore? I think it pisses God off if you walk by the color purple in a confession somewhere and don't notice it. (Although I guess you did notice it.) :scard8:

Actually it was this color :laugh:

Scott512

Record Breaker
I agree with everything you're saying, but in a slightly different way. For example, I think it's fair that Zhenya is behind Alina PCS considering the showings she's had internationally this season, and the fact that even though I think that Alina's 3Lz was a bit UR, everything else was PERFECT. She's the Olympic Champion, and the difference was only 0.73, Zhenya still has the second highest PCS of the SP.
Another thing is that all the ladies in the last 2 groups got a PCS boost, with Sofia getting the lowest score (31.71) which is only 5.65 points lower than Alina's.
Now, Elizabet getting thirty-FREAKING-four (34, I was just being dramatic :biggrin:), - basically the same as Satoko and Kaori, that's the only one I'd say is the odd one out when it comes to PCS scores in the last 2 groups.
There's a multitude of ways the FS can go, but I think Alina's in a pretty good position. Even if Rika has a clean FS, she's still far away in points to be second if Alina's clean.

Confession: Ever since the whole media outbreak after Zhenya moved, little by little I started rooting for Alina less and less. It's not fair, I know, and I'm still not sitting at home wishing she'll have a disaster of a skate, but it's just how I feel. I'm sorry to all Alina's fans here. I guess it happened because she is the only other Eteri skater from the same generation, and Eteri changing her narrative from "Alina really did great because of Evgenia, Evgenia is perfect" to "Evgenia only did that well because of Alina" just didn't sit right for me, and I involuntarily took sides. That's the outcome of the Eteri-Evgenia "war" for me.
And before you call me an Eteri hater, just so you know, I bought presents for the whole team and wrote them a letter, which I gave personally to Sergey and Daniil 2 weeks ago. I have mad respect for the team, but my heart can only fit Evgenia right now.
I hope you're talking about Alina Kabaeva! ;) Reading your confession made me sad.

I never would have expected this confession from you Vandy. I don't recall EG saying Zhenya did well because of Alina. That would be ridiculous. Everyone needs to remember no one from Sambo 70 wanted Zhenya to leave. She was the leader and truly beloved and deservedly so. Zhenya leaving ripped EG's heart out because of working with Zhenya for 11 amazing years. :( Experts from around the world piled on Eteri as a ruthless coach which upset Alina. I am glad Zhenya is happy in Toronto and with her new team.

As for those complaining about Lilbet and Alina's PCS scores don't you think part of their PCS scores are due to who they are coached by? Didn't people sometimes think Zhenyas PCS scores were to high when she was with EG?

fabienne1996

Medalist
Country
Germany
I hope you're talking about Alina Kabaeva! ;) Reading your confession made me sad.

I never would have expected this confession from you Vandy. I don't recall EG saying Zhenya did well because of Alina. That would be ridiculous. Everyone needs to remember no one from Sambo 70 wanted Zhenya to leave. She was the leader and truly beloved and deservedly so. Zhenya leaving ripped EG's heart out because of working with Zhenya for 11 amazing years. :( Experts from around the world piled on Eteri as a ruthless coach which upset Alina. I am glad Zhenya is happy in Toronto and with her new team.

As for those complaining about Lilbet and Alina's PCS scores don't you think part of their PCS scores are due to who they are coached by? Didn't people sometimes think Zhenyas PCS scores were to high when she was with EG?
Why eteri literally said that in an Interview. Sie said that Alina was dragging zhenya at the olympics. And vandeska she said she doesn't hate eteri. That is the huge problem in this forum here. As soon as someone says their opinion and it in favour of zhenya you all beginns to call upon this person as if she or he did something wrong. Its called opinion for a reason Even if it was not even a hate comment or anything. It was the damm truth as said before eteri did say this months after zhenya left.

Scott512

Record Breaker
Why eteri literally said that in an Interview. Sie said that Alina was dragging zhenya at the olympics. And vandeska she said she doesn't hate eteri. That is the huge problem in this forum here. As soon as someone says their opinion and it in favour of zhenya you all beginns to call upon this person as if she or he did something wrong. Its called opinion for a reason Even if it was not even a hate comment or anything. It was the damm truth as said before eteri did say this months after zhenya left.

Lots of opinions in here. You sound angry. Yes hate as you point out is a problem here. And in the world if I may add that.

fabienne1996

Medalist
Country
Germany
Lots of opinions in here. You sound angry. Yes hate as you point out is a problem here. And in the world if I may add that.
Yes because as you might know zhenya is my favorite and how many time have I read in this forum comments that shot against zhenya but as soon as someone differs from that opinion as I do then we are the bad guys. Where by the way are the persons who commented that Russia would loose the 3spots cause they took zhenya instead of Liza?Cause at this moment after the sp it looks like they were damm wrong. And it makes me angry that if we point out something against eteri ( cause she really said what vandeska wrote about months ago, ), which is in no way a hate comment , just that vandeska wrote her opinion and she gets called upon it but when others write their more than bad opinion of zhenya (and I don't mean you at all here but other persons) and we who love zhenya tell them off we are the bad ones

Vandevska

Medalist

I'd love to have a reasonable explanation for this, but I don't. It's not something logical, it's simply one of those feelings where your brain doesn't have a say in. I've told myself multiple times that it's not fair to Alina, and it's not. But I just can't. Like, I recognize her good sides, which she has plenty, but it just stops there. I wanna clarify that I don't hate her, I just don't like her.
And thing is, if someone was saying bad things about Eteri I would fight them. Same for Daniil and Sergey. But in that specific situation, Eteri's words overflowed the cup for me and that was about it. I couldn't look back.
I'm pretty sure that you're aware how much I love that team. So I hope you won't try to spin this as if I have some revenge against the team.

Vandevska

Medalist
Scott512, here's a timestamp of her saying those words. September 17. Zhenya was in Canada by June 17. :)

I mean, just imagine my thoughts in that moment. It was a very strong blow for me. It was as if her negating all of Zhenya's success before, as if she couldn't have done it herself. And that's as absurd as saying Alina was/is only skating well when Evgenia is competing too.

https://youtu.be/xpbMy5Qfcc0?t=128

EdRoz

Record Breaker

Confession: Ever since the whole media outbreak after Zhenya moved, little by little I started rooting for Alina less and less. It's not fair, I know, and I'm still not sitting at home wishing she'll have a disaster of a skate, but it's just how I feel. I'm sorry to all Alina's fans here. I guess it happened because she is the only other Eteri skater from the same generation, and Eteri changing her narrative from "Alina really did great because of Evgenia, Evgenia is perfect" to "Evgenia only did that well because of Alina" just didn't sit right for me, and I involuntarily took sides. That's the outcome of the Eteri-Evgenia "war" for me.
And before you call me an Eteri hater, just so you know, I bought presents for the whole team and wrote them a letter, which I gave personally to Sergey and Daniil 2 weeks ago. I have mad respect for the team, but my heart can only fit Evgenia right now.

Whats wrong with Eteri changing her narrative from "Alina really did great because of Evgenia, Evgenia is perfect" to "Evgenia only did that well because of Alina" ????
she right , its a sport , competition , stimulation to be better - someone on the top and someone wants to be there ..
no need to hide behind words and "confession" - just tell you dont like Eteri and, especially , Alina

Scott512

Record Breaker
Yes because as you might know zhenya is my favorite and how many time have I read in this forum comments that shot against zhenya but as soon as someone differs from that opinion as I do then we are the bad guys. Where by the way are the persons who commented that Russia would loose the 3spots cause they took zhenya instead of Liza?Cause at this moment after the sp it looks like they were damm wrong. And it makes me angry that if we point out something against eteri ( cause she really said what vandeska wrote about months ago, ), which is in no way a hate comment , just that vandeska wrote her opinion and she gets called upon it but when others write their more than bad opinion of zhenya (and I don't mean you at all here but other persons) and we who love zhenya tell them off we are the bad ones
there are no bad guys here. But plenty of passionate fans.

Its true Zhenya did not weaken the team and she was not phased by all the criticism of her choice. Zhenya is tougher than she looks.

The only interview I saw with Eteri was with Ted Barton. I'm not sure what she said about evgenia. Maybe something got Lost in Translation or something or maybe she meant the presence of a young star in Alina pushed Evgenia to new heights at the Olympics coming off the broken foot. We have to remember Zhenya was tremendous at the Olympics after her foot fracture. I think we should all remember what Eteri ssaid best about Zhenya and Alina that's both with golden at the Olympics. Those were some of the most poignant words the great coach has ever said.

fabienne1996

Medalist
Country
Germany
there are no bad guys here. But plenty of passionate fans.

Its true Zhenya did not weaken the team and she was not phased by all the criticism of her choice. Zhenya is tougher than she looks.

The only interview I saw with Eteri was with Ted Barton. I'm not sure what she said about evgenia. Maybe something got Lost in Translation or something or maybe she meant the presence of a young star in Alina pushed Evgenia to new heights at the Olympics coming off the broken foot. We have to remember Zhenya was tremendous at the Olympics after her foot fracture. I think we should all remember what Eteri ssaid best about Zhenya and Alina that's both with golden at the Olympics. Those were some of the most poignant words the great coach has ever said.
Look at the comment above you for me that is not a passionate fan but someone who wants to turn statements around so to speak on the writer. We all know that vandeska is a fan of teamtutberitze and she said she doesn't hate eteri or alina just that this is her opinion and said user has nothing better to do than jump on her telling her that she should just say she doesn't like or rather hate alina and eteri. Which is not true as we know.

Scott512

Record Breaker
Scott512, here's a timestamp of her saying those words. September 17. Zhenya was in Canada by June 17. :)

I mean, just imagine my thoughts in that moment. It was a very strong blow for me. It was as if her negating all of Zhenya's success before, as if she couldn't have done it herself. And that's as absurd as saying Alina was/is only skating well when Evgenia is competing too.

https://youtu.be/xpbMy5Qfcc0?t=128

I cant make out what she said. But people make mistakes and if EG said something wrong about Zhenya thatbis wrong. Humans make mistkes, EG was obviously still hurt by Zhenta leaving her Med made Eteri a great coach and Sambo 70 a great club. I am sure EG knows that in her heart.