2018-19 Russian Ladies' figure skating | Page 1007 | Golden Skate

2018-19 Russian Ladies' figure skating

Scott512

Record Breaker
That‘s the same injury from Worlds. She skated her FS on painkillers. There is no new injury, but this one turned out to be more serious.
Is it hip or quad? Hoping not hip. It sounds like Zhenya might not be training with jumps for quite a while. that is a damn shame. So it's obviously crucial for her to get healthy in the off-season and then pick up where she left off at Worlds.

dunffvanstorn

Final Flight
Is it hip or quad? Hoping not hip. It sounds like Zhenya might not be training with jumps for quite a while. that is a damn shame. So it's obviously crucial for her to get healthy in the off-season and then pick up where she left off at Worlds.

I just wonder why did she have to assign to all these ice shows. It’s pointless for a person who’s willing to learn quads. As a fan of hers, it really makes me nervous. Lilbet is at Sambo learning 3A, and Zhenya will only be training in the end of May/June, right?

Happy Skates

Final Flight
I just wonder why did she have to assign to all these ice shows. It’s pointless for a person who’s willing to learn quads. As a fan of hers, it really makes me nervous. Lilbet is at Sambo learning 3A, and Zhenya will only be training in the end of May/June, right?

She does the shows to make money. I mean I'm sure she enjoys them too, but thats a big reason a lot of skaters do it. Training isn't cheap, and its a good thing to take advantage of an opportunity to make money while you can.

Scott512

Record Breaker
Probably so. But Zhenya with a recent injury at the world championships would not be training any quads or 3A right now anyway she would be resting. To her maybe doing ice shows while skating but not jumping is not risking her health. She must know. But it is disappointing that she ended the season with some kind of leg or hip injury.

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Although there are still two months of the season left, a new thread was opened here. Therefore this thread will be closed to prevent redundancy. Sorry folks!