2018-19 Russian Ladies' figure skating | Page 15 | Golden Skate

2018-19 Russian Ladies' figure skating

russianfan

Match Penalty
Oh come on, first dozens of articles with "authorities" whining how "Zhenya should have won", "Zhenya deserved to win", "age limit should be increased", tv Olympic summaries with "EM took silver, bla, bla, bla, while our another Russian representative AZ won":)palmf:), etc., then the hype went full force: Zhenya at Urgant, Zhenya for Pantene, Zhenya with mom interview, Yagudin interviewing Zhenya, Zhenya in radio 1, Zhenya in radio 2, Zhenya speech at president, Zhenya for Nike, Zhenya for Vogue, Zhenya receives medal from fans, Zhenya in "Lednikovyi Period"... I bet Zhenya is in your refrigerator, if you looked closely. :roll9:
I mentioned only those which I remember, there were plenty more - it was blatant pushing second best skater down fans' throats. Thankfully, people have their own brains yet, at least in Russia - they are able to recognize and choose what they like. :)

On the other hand even the attention Alina has got was too much for her, i guess, so i'm kinda happy it hasn't gone further. And she also was ill. I don't think she would want to give interviews or participate in commercials while being ill, considering that she had literally no time to prepare to the upcoming Worlds.

And the strange thing about it is that Zhenya is not even a Olympic Gold medalist and not even a World Gold medalists....go figure......

Right, Zhenya never had World gold medal... :palmf: Sometimes i wonder if there's at least one single post of yours where you're not blatantly lying or trying to misrepresent some facts.

vesperalvioletta

Medalist
Country
United-States
It seems like virtually everyone has forgotten about her since her unfortunate JGP performance, but what is everyone thinking about Alisa Fedichkina? For me, she's always had a great deal of sparkle in her interpretation, and I'd hate to see her just get swallowed up by the black hole that is the Russian ladies field, but it seems like she doesn't have many options left.

russianfan

Match Penalty
It seems like virtually everyone has forgotten about her since her unfortunate JGP performance, but what is everyone thinking about Alisa Fedichkina? For me, she's always had a great deal of sparkle in her interpretation, and I'd hate to see her just get swallowed up by the black hole that is the Russian ladies field, but it seems like she doesn't have many options left.

I don't know, but judging by her instagram she's pretty happy living her life in St Petersburg :) Her competitive future in figure skating doesn't look bright at this moment though...

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
She's going to have to push to make Nationals, I think
Is she healed from whatever injury she had?

vesperalvioletta

Medalist
Country
United-States
I'm glad she's doing well, at least. It seems like she's close with Sonya Samodurova as well, so I'm glad that they're able to train together.

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
Same here, I am so happy that Alina won the Olympic Gold medal....so proud that she beat Zhenya.

You are proud that someone beat another one?
Are you an Alina fan or just an Evgenia hater?

- - - Updated - - -

I'm glad she's doing well, at least. It seems like she's close with Sonya Samodurova as well, so I'm glad that they're able to train together.

Me too :)
I'm really excited for next season already, especially to see what a lot of these 2002-girls decide to do

lesnar001

Record Breaker
And the strange thing about it is that Zhenya is not even a Olympic Gold medalist and not even a World Gold medalists....go figure......

:scratch2: I assume you are talking about this year only - but I don't think not going this year due to injuries would have an adverse effect on her popularity.

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker
I wonder what happens with Konstantinova now. In fact she improved her posture and could have a good momentum if she skated her best at the worlds. It did not happen. Will she ever have another chance? Will the Fed push her another time at the Nationals? Or she is done for goods?

My view is that her only chance for redemption is to have 2 good programs (having Anna Karenina when Zhenya had her masterpiece for the long was the same lamentable decision as Mirai's having Chopin when Zhenya had her masterpiece for the short). Then she has to show excellent results at a couple of Bs skating clean and hopefully getting 200 score. Only then would I give her another chance if I were the Fed.

moriel

Record Breaker
I wonder what happens with Konstantinova now. In fact she improved her posture and could have a good momentum if she skated her best at the worlds. It did not happen. Will she ever have another chance? Will the Fed push her another time at the Nationals? Or she is done for goods?

My view is that her only chance for redemption is to have 2 good programs (having Anna Karenina when Zhenya had her masterpiece for the long was the same lamentable decision as Mirai's having Chopin when Zhenya had her masterpiece for the short). Then she has to show excellent results at a couple of Bs skating clean and hopefully getting 200 score. Only then would I give her another chance if I were the Fed.

Well i heard her majesty TAT said that there is just so many chances someone may get.
I dont think Stanislava will be propped anymore since she bombed pretty much all major international competitions she was on (unlike Kolyada for example, who after all was one of 2 guys who got 3 spots for next worlds for men). I suppose they will just let her fend for herself, without insane PCs at national competitions.

Scott512

Record Breaker
You are proud that someone beat another one?
Are you an Alina fan or just an Evgenia hater?

- - - Updated - - -

Me too :)
I'm really excited for next season already, especially to see what a lot of these 2002-girls decide to do

I doubt shes a Zhenya hater. Shes just happy Alina won the Olympics and edged her great rival Medvedeva in the process.

atsumiri

Record Breaker
Well i heard her majesty TAT said that there is just so many chances someone may get.
I dont think Stanislava will be propped anymore since she bombed pretty much all major international competitions she was on (unlike Kolyada for example, who after all was one of 2 guys who got 3 spots for next worlds for men). I suppose they will just let her fend for herself, without insane PCs at national competitions.

It doesn't sound like RusFed :laugh:

Grin

Medalist
To Evgenia's antis.
It makes me feel so :palmf: everytime I see you call her "Zhenya". It's so fn inappropriate, she is not a friend of yours, neither is your good acquaintance.
You look really ridiculous when you use her diminutive name in your negative posts.

Scott512

Record Breaker
I usually don’t view this thread due to fact that there are a couple of snarky and negative people here. You are correct that I was happy for Alaina for winning the OGM. I knew Kaetlyn wasn’t going to win so I wanted Alaina to outskate Zhenya. Also I wanted her to show her coach that she could do it. Sometimes it’s the fans that causes the rivalry, not the skaters. By the way, according to the photos that Kaetlyn is posting on her Facebook page, Kaetlyn, Alina and Zhenya are really enjoying their time in Japan. 🙂

Yes they are having great fun in Japan and deservedly so after a long and tough season.

russianfan

Match Penalty
I usually don’t view this thread due to fact that there are a couple of snarky and negative people here.

Let's come back to this when you will have some respect for our skaters and when you will learn how to spell their names correctly at the very least.