2018-19 Russian Ladies' figure skating | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2018-19 Russian Ladies' figure skating

Shayuki

Record Breaker
I don't think this is correct, from last year's ISU announcement:

So it should be
(1) WS 1-24
(2) SB 1-24 and WS>24
So fulfilling both WS 1-24 and SB 1-24 wouldn't get the skater two spots.

Which means
Alina Zagitova: 2 spots
Maria Sotskova: 2 spots
Evgenia Medvedeva: 1 spot
Polina Tsurskaya: 1 spot
Elena Radionova: 1 spot
Stanislava Konstantinova: 1 spot
Elizaveta Tuktamysheva: 1 spot
Daria Panenkova: 1 spot
Anna Pogorilaya: 1 spot
Medvedeva being #2 in world standing and #2 in season's best only getting 1 spot? I don't think yours could possibly be accurate...

Otherwise, I'll fully support any system that doesn't give Konstantinova both spots.

Yeah, I honestly hope they won't send her to major competitions again. Let her do CS or something. Seeing her live made me even more unimpressed with her than I already was, and the audience who was so warm to everyone also seemed disinterested in her
But I heard that she has AMAZING presence live and that seeing her on TV doesn't do her justice...

alvina9894

Final Flight
Medvedeva being #2 in world standing and #2 in season's best only getting 1 spot? I don't think yours could possibly be accurate...

She wasn't in Worlds, that's why. The criteria is as followings:

(1) Top 12 in Worlds guarantee 2 spots. 1-6 gets to pick their own assignments in order of placement; 7-12 gets invited.
(2) Top 24 SB or WS guarantee 1 spot.
(3) JGPF champion or WJC medalists are guarantee 1 spot.

https://isu.org/docman-documents-li...33-gp-general-announcement-2017-18-final/file
Start reading from page 2.

Shayuki

Record Breaker

(1) Top 12 in Worlds guarantee 2 spots. 1-6 gets to pick their own assignments in order of placement; 7-12 gets invited.

https://isu.org/docman-documents-li...33-gp-general-announcement-2017-18-final/fileStart reading from page 2.
Of course, that's preparing for the 2017-2018 season and there was no Olympics in 2017, but it's hard to believe that the Olympics wouldn't count during the Olympic years. Well, I guess it effectively doesn't matter.

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
Look, it's going to take a lot of poor moves on the part of the Russian Fed if even Medvedeva doesn't get 2 GPs...

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary

https://isu.org/docman-documents-li...33-gp-general-announcement-2017-18-final/file
Start reading from page 2.

Every host country has one free spot.. Maybe she can receive that? And thus she will have two..

Spirals for Miles

Record Breaker
But if someone is both top 24 SB and top 24 WS but not at worlds, do those add up to two?

And what's the likelihood of Panenkova getting a second GP?

Lily flowers

On the Ice
But if someone is both top 24 SB and top 24 WS but not at worlds, do those add up to two?

And what's the likelihood of Panenkova getting a second GP?

That’s what I was wondering because from the quote posted earlier:
“Skaters/Couples with an ISU World Standing placement of 1 – 24 (after season 2016/17) and Skaters/Couples with seasons best scores in the top 24 (for season 2016/17) who do not hold an ISU World Standing placement of 1 – 24 will be guaranteed one (1) event
It mentions this, so I’m wondering if that means it adds up to 2 spots if a skater is on both.

Okay there’s no way she’s not getting 2 spots why are we panicking :laugh:, even if she gets one she’s definitely going to get an invite to another.

yoloaxel

Record Breaker
There is literally no way that Medvedeva (and Hanyu) aren't getting 2 GP spots.

Spirals for Miles

Record Breaker
I'm most worried for Dasha and Polya. Polya's WS is 50, but Dasha's is 112 behind total no-names!!

Elucidus

Match Penalty
Hm.. how Gp spots were assigned for 2015 post-Olympic season btw - for those who skipped worlds?

tars

Record Breaker
Yeah, I honestly hope they won't send her to major competitions again. Let her do CS or something. Seeing her live made me even more unimpressed with her than I already was, and the audience who was so warm to everyone also seemed disinterested in her
Actually, it was exactly the opposite. :)
In the pre-warmup presentation Stasya received the loudest cheers and of course they gave her fantastic support during disastrous free skate. :thumbsup:

alvina9894

Final Flight
That’s what I was wondering because from the quote posted earlier:
“Skaters/Couples with an ISU World Standing placement of 1 – 24 (after season 2016/17) and Skaters/Couples with seasons best scores in the top 24 (for season 2016/17) who do not hold an ISU World Standing placement of 1 – 24 will be guaranteed one (1) event
It mentions this, so I’m wondering if that means it adds up to 2 spots if a skater is on both.

Okay there’s no way she’s not getting 2 spots why are we panicking :laugh:, even if she gets one she’s definitely going to get an invite to another.

I read it as
(a) Skaters/Couples with an ISU World Standing placement of 1 – 24 (after season 2016/17), and;
(b) Skaters/Couples with seasons best scores in the top 24 (for season 2016/17) who do not hold an ISU World Standing placement of 1 – 24
will be guaranteed one (1) event

For Stasya's case, she is in top 24 WS so she fulfills (a) but not (b), because (b) requires the skater to be outside top 24 WS but within top 24 SB (e.g. Panenkova)

But that's just by last season's rules. We will see if there is any rule changes next season.
Also, after guaranteed assignments the skaters may be invited by hosts.

In addition to the Seeded Skaters/Couples, or “Come-Back” Skaters/Couples and the above-mentioned Invited Skaters/Couples, each Organizing ISU Member may select additional Skaters/Couples in accordance with selection procedures established by the ISU Grand Prix Coordination Group, provided that such Skaters/Couples have reached the minimum Grand Prix score as required. The maximum number of entries per event, however, is set as follows:

Men and Ladies - not more than 12 but not less than 8 entries

So it doesn't mean Zhenya would only have one assignment, I'm sure the Fed will make sure that Zhenya get invited by one of the hosts, for example COC, SA and IDF would be a good choices as there are no strong local ladies. Another route would be COR host pick which the Fed can definitely control.

Shayuki

Record Breaker
Well, this came out of nowhere and I could hardly believe it. But apparently... Evgenia Kranina who I had never heard of before also performed a clean triple jump at the age of 8. :clap:

yoloaxel

Record Breaker
Actually, it was exactly the opposite. :)
In the pre-warmup presentation Stasya received the loudest cheers and of course they gave her fantastic support during disastrous free skate. :thumbsup:

I'm not saying the crowd didn't support her, it supported everyone! But the rection to her was pretty unenthusiastic. Same with Mariah Bell, for example. It's not that they didn't cheer, but there wasn't enthusiasm for her, at least from the section where I was seated!

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
In terms of GP assignments, it's my understanding that only those who finish in the top 12 at Worlds are guaranteed two spots. Beyond that, a SB in the top 24 or a WS in the top 24 guarantees you one spot. But there are plenty of spots in singles, and in general, almost everyone meeting those requirements ends up with two spots.