2018-19 Russian Ladies' figure skating | Page 5 | Golden Skate

2018-19 Russian Ladies' figure skating

Scott512

Record Breaker

She is refreshing and cute. she ended the interview by saying she wanted to go to her parents house in their hometown and lie on the sofa and do nothing. Lol! I think we all feel like that sometimes we just want to lie down and do nothing but Alina Zagitova works a lot harder than we do. She has a very tough and demanding job. This girl needs a break a serious rest. To reboot for next season.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Good heavens. Amazing spinning. She looks stronger than most girl figure skaters. who is she and who is she coached by? Not Eteri I gather.

She’s coached by Polina’s Shelepen and she was trying 3a yesterday with no harness. I don’t know her name and at what level she competes. Polina has a group of 5 or 6 skaters and I think she is a member of #teamshelepen. You can click on the daily Instagram story to see...it’s still up for a couple of more hours. Just click her avatar.
https://www.instagram.com/pelageia95

Not sure if you remember Polina but she was a former Eteri student and she was there when Yulia first started there.

SXTN

Final Flight
I was wondering, do you think Zagitova's next FS will be completely backloaded again? It will be difficult to find a music that fits it. When they tried with Zhenya at the beginning of the season it wasn't really working because, contrarily to DQ, it didn't really fit the music

With Kostornaia and Zagitova the backloading works because they only need half a ring (or less) to prepare for flips or any jumps in general. Preparation time is money when it comes to backloading. With Zhenya it is already critical because needs the full rink size for her Salchow-Toeloop combo or for Flips. That was the problem with her backloaded program. There was no program anymore because it was jumping jumping jumping in the end. She almost ran out of time. Backloading only works when you don't need much time and rink size to prepare for jumps. Kostner would never be able to do a backloaded program because for her it would be impossible to fit 7 jump passes in 2 minutes. :laugh2:

Scott512

Record Breaker
She’s coached by Polina’s Shelepen and she was trying 3a yesterday with no harness. I don’t know her name and at what level she competes. Polina has a group of 5 or 6 skaters and I think she is a member of #teamshelepen. You can click on the daily Instagram story to see...it’s still up for a couple of mor gore hours. Click her avatar.

Not sure if you remember Polina but she was a former Eteri student and she was there when Yulia first started there.

Thank you.

Then Polina is a very young coach if she used to train with Yula under Eteri.

Sam-Skwantch

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Thank you.

Then Polina is a very young coach if she used to train with Yula under Eteri.

Probably around 22yrs old. She’s the one on the left in THIS photo from 2011 Junior Grand Prix season. Julia left the KnC to go hug her when she won the JGPF :laugh: .

She’s a young one but she’s been coaching a few years now and building up a strong group. She has a little guy in white skates that I think will be really good.

alvina9894

Final Flight
She’s coached by Polina’s Shelepen and she was trying 3a yesterday with no harness. I don’t know her name and at what level she competes. Polina has a group of 5 or 6 skaters and I think she is a member of #teamshelepen. You can click on the daily Instagram story to see...it’s still up for a couple of more hours. Just click her avatar.

https://i.loli.net/2018/03/26/5ab91336e05a9.gif

Looks like a 2A with 60 degrees extra, still laking 300 degrees rotation (or 210 to not get the < mark) so I think there is still a long way to go.
It seems to me that 3A is the trend among Novice B girls nowadays? So many young ladies trying it!

Scott512

Record Breaker
Probably around 22yrs old. She’s the one on the left in THIS photo from 2011 Junior Grand Prix season. Julia left the KnC to go hug her when she won the JGPF :laugh: .

She’s a young one but she’s been coaching a few years now and building up a strong group. She has a little guy in white skates that I think will be really good.

that is amazing video very precious thank you so much for that.

Eteri's girls even had friendship and warmth for each other back then. the reaction of Yulia and Polina was so nice to say and then they had the group hug with the coaches. Amazing.

Lightstar

On the Ice
Crazy to see eteri so happy that she is jumping!
and its really heartwarming to see the joy the girls have for one another and from the coaches side! [emoji7]

russianfan

Match Penalty

The difference when her skaters are getting 160-170 points and she's so happy and now when her junior skaters are getting 200+ and she hardly reacts at all :laugh: *not_impressed_face.jpg*

Sam-Skwantch

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
https://i.loli.net/2018/03/26/5ab91336e05a9.gif

Looks like a 2A with 60 degrees extra, still laking 300 degrees rotation (or 210 to not get the < mark) so I think there is still a long way to go.
It seems to me that 3A is the trend among Novice B girls nowadays? So many young ladies trying it!

Yup ... it’s short but still cool to see one of Polina’s kids giving the 3a an honest send. I hope to see her coaching at the highest level some day. She’s a lot of fun to follow and she makes those kids put in work :yes:

Sam-Skwantch

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The difference when her skaters are getting 160-170 points and she's so happy and now when her junior skaters are getting 200+ and she hardly reacts at all :laugh: *not_impressed_face.jpg*

Back then Sambo was kind of the weird cousin to CSKA and the politicking was definitely in CSKA’s favor. Julia’s success starting with Gold at Skate Canada was the beginning of a lot of momentum for Eteri as a coach. The score even surprised them :laugh: She was always very warm with Julia in the KnC until there relationship soured. Probably CoC incident and the drama with her rejected Aberbukh program. It’s a shame. I hope one day they sit down and work it out. While announcing on Telesport she seems very positive about Eteri and especially her students. :)

#MemoryLane