2018-19 Russian Ladies' figure skating | Page 505 | Golden Skate

2018-19 Russian Ladies' figure skating

neusw

On the Ice
Are you sure, they sent Konstantinova last year and I’m pretty sure that was 100% politicking.

Some politicking, yes, but not exactly scored so highly that she was giving Kostornaia any trouble. This year if everyone's clean Kostornaia is in the #3 spot, and she's far superior to everyone behind her. They're not going to suddenly dump her at nationals the year before she turns senior when they've been scoring her extremely highly at both international and domestic competitions. Since she burst onto the scene last year, she has always been favored, been consistent, and produced excellent results. It's not exactly a Gubanova vs. Konstantinova situation. Eteri has never had the definitive top 3 juniors (or seniors) before. Many times, she has had the strongest 2, and then a third borderline case. That is not the situation this year.

Vilord

Final Flight
Country
Sweden
I would think it would be Kanysheva, not Tarakanova, if both are clean though. And if the 3A all bring the quads/3As and are clean, then they're going.

I personaly belive a clean Tarakanova beats a cleas Kanysheva. Tarakanova doubled the combination in both her jgp shorts and still had similar scores to Kanysheva.

Shayuki

Record Breaker
The 3A might not even all be Eteri girls next year. So much can change in a season, never mind a year. I could see Kostornaia being the next to leave if she feels pushed out by the quad queens.
I agree that if one of them leaves it'd most likely be Kostornaya. Still, I don't think that that really has an effect on what I was saying.

They typically don’t like giving 3 Eteri girls he slots. So it would make sense that they send Tarakanova over 3 Eteri.
This is doubtful, at least if no one has a disaster skate. Kostornaya's been scoring amazingly domestically. And I have to say that Kanysheva seems to be in a better standing than Tarakanova anyway.

I personaly belive a clean Tarakanova beats a cleas Kanysheva. Tarakanova doubled the combination in both her jgp shorts and still had similar scores to Kanysheva.
Domestically, Kanysheva was much more highly regarded than Tarakanova last season. On the other hand, this is Tarakanova's second international season while it's Kanysheva's debut.

lavenderblossom

Record Breaker
ISU CS Inge Solar Memorial / Alpen Trophy 2018
WD: Anastasiia GUBANOVA

new Entries:
34 Daria PANENKOVA RUS 19
35 Serafima SAKHANOVICH RUS 19
36 Anna TARUSINA RUS 19

http://www.isuresults.com/events/cat03108909.htm

Very hapy for Sima, since she can set a good SB and pick up WR points here, but it is odd that Gubanova would give up a spot at a challenger. She's in danger of not getting any international assignments this season, since only Tallinn Trophy and Golden Spin are left, and the competition for the worlds and junior worlds teams is very tough. :(

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
notable entries to Russian Cup Stage IV:

juniors: Kostyuk, Kromykh, Shabotova, Frolova, Starodubtseva
seniors: Trusova, Kostornaya, Tarakanova, Pogorilaya, Gubanova, Vasilieva, Panenkova, Tsibinova, Gracheva, Fomina

DanseMacabre

Final Flight
Country
Iceland
notable entries to Russian Cup Stage IV:

juniors: Kostyuk, Kromykh, Shabotova, Frolova, Starodubtseva
seniors: Trusova, Kostornaya, Tarakanova, Pogorilaya, Gubanova, Vasilieva, Panenkova, Tsibinova, Gracheva, Fomina

This is gonna be good. Domestic Russian comps are WILD.

icetug

Medalist
Russian Cup Stage IV
Kazan, Tatarstan
06.11.2018 - 10.11.2018

Great. Daria had this week free, between GP series and Alpen Trophy. I can't remind any other skater who has four competitions (three international) in four weeks. Is it even safe for her health? Looks like squeezing out.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Great. Daria had this week free, between GP series and Alpen Trophy. I can't remind any other skater who has four competitions (three international) in four weeks. Is it even safe for her health? Looks like squeezing out.

The year Liza won WC she competed like every week it felt like :bow: