2018-19 Russian Ladies' figure skating | Page 506 | Golden Skate

2018-19 Russian Ladies' figure skating

skatenewbie

Medalist
Great. Daria had this week free, between GP series and Alpen Trophy. I can't remind any other skater who has four competitions (three international) in four weeks. Is it even safe for her health? Looks like squeezing out.
she might WD in some of the competition. In Russian Cup usually many WD especially with JGP/GP skater even though they are on initial entry list

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
she might WD in some of the competition. In Russian Cup usually many WD especially with JGP/GP skater even though they are on initial entry list

I think she will have to, because this is her second and one can only do two.
Also just realized that Mikhailova hasn't competed yet this season - wonder what's up with her.

Artemisa

Final Flight
notable entries to Russian Cup Stage IV:

juniors: Kostyuk, Kromykh, Shabotova, Frolova, Starodubtseva
seniors: Trusova, Kostornaya, Tarakanova, Pogorilaya, Gubanova, Vasilieva, Panenkova, Tsibinova, Gracheva, Fomina

Thank you. I am happy because Pogo is skating again but in the other hand I will be very sad if she doesn't skate:bang:

vesperalvioletta

Medalist
Country
United-States
I think she will have to, because this is her second and one can only do two.
Also just realized that Mikhailova hasn't competed yet this season - wonder what's up with her.

Not that Instagram is completely indicative of what's going on in a person's life, but Mikhailova hasn't posted anything skating related since she left Plushenko. I'm not an insider of course, but I'm kind of skeptical as to whether or not she's actually training. Samoilov is entered in stage IV in the men's event, and it was rumored that he and Mikhailova left AofP with Vasilievski and Lavrenchuk, but he's listed as an amateur skater under club affiliation. Not sure what to make of it.

Fluture

Record Breaker
So excited to see Trusova and Kostornaya battle it out for the first time this season! Also really great to see Pogorilaya on this list. Hopefully she has a great skate. Good luck to the others, too.

https://radikal.ru/video/Qw9qjWKviWA

Btw: Just leaving this here: Medvedeva 2A-3Lo. Looks solid.

The 3A might not even all be Eteri girls next year. So much can change in a season, never mind a year. I could see Kostornaia being the next to leave if she feels pushed out by the quad queens.

Doubtful. Her parents really don't seem the type to move all over the country/world chasing medals and elusive dreams, they seem very frank and blunt and realistic about their goals for her. If she feels pushed out and unable to keep up I think her parents will just tell her to quit and focus on her education and find something else she want to do. Thankfully Alena seems very preoccupied with her own development and achievement rather than what everybody else is doing and so far that approach has taken her far so hopefully she will be just fine.

Spirals for Miles

Record Breaker
So, Gulyakova has qualified to nationals with a 1 + 1 (comp is over)
If Radionova does not withdraw from NHK, then there are four more spots. If she does - then there are five.

Current standings of those with one event who haven't already qualified:
1. Tarusina (2 + ?)
2. Nugumanova (2 + ?)
3. Vasilieva (2 + ?) SKATES FOURTH STAGE
4. Talalaikina (3 + ?)
5. Gubanova (3 + ?) SKATES FOURTH STAGE
6. Gracheva (4 + ?) SKATES FOURTH STAGE

Sakhanovich seems unlikely to make nationals, with a 4 + 5 but could be put in the way Fedichkina was last year. Shilenko has a 3 + 4 - ahead of Sakhanovich, but if she qualifies I could see them putting Sakhanovich in instead. With a sixth place, Sinitsyna will likely not qualify unless she wins her next stage perhaps.

Pogorilaya seems right now to be starting at the fourth stage, but was supposed to be at the third, so she could withdraw still, unsure. The fourth stage will be very hard, since Trusova, Kostornaya, and Tarakanova will all be there as well. And those not marked as fourth stage must be at the fifth to qualify. We already know Kostornaya will be there, and I could see Trusova, Shcherbakova, and Tarakanova all being there as well since it's in Moscow.

Bluediamonds09

Medalist
Sofia Samodurova......... I don’t know yet what the judges think of her (that’s important, if they like you or not). So where will she place? There are some things holding her back imo, like, the spins aren’t superb and her jumps look very labored. Of course I really like her, but I’m trying to set aside how I feel and instead what the judges feel.

Artemisa

Final Flight
So, Gulyakova has qualified to nationals with a 1 + 1 (comp is over)
If Radionova does not withdraw from NHK, then there are four more spots. If she does - then there are five.

Current standings of those with one event who haven't already qualified:
1. Tarusina (2 + ?)
2. Nugumanova (2 + ?)
3. Vasilieva (2 + ?) SKATES FOURTH STAGE
4. Talalaikina (3 + ?)
5. Gubanova (3 + ?) SKATES FOURTH STAGE
6. Gracheva (4 + ?) SKATES FOURTH STAGE

Sakhanovich seems unlikely to make nationals, with a 4 + 5 but could be put in the way Fedichkina was last year. Shilenko has a 3 + 4 - ahead of Sakhanovich, but if she qualifies I could see them putting Sakhanovich in instead. With a sixth place, Sinitsyna will likely not qualify unless she wins her next stage perhaps.

Pogorilaya seems right now to be starting at the fourth stage, but was supposed to be at the third, so she could withdraw still, unsure. The fourth stage will be very hard, since Trusova, Kostornaya, and Tarakanova will all be there as well. And those not marked as fourth stage must be at the fifth to qualify. We already know Kostornaya will be there, and I could see Trusova, Shcherbakova, and Tarakanova all being there as well since it's in Moscow.

Radionova will loose her spot in the russian nationals if she doesn't participate in the GP? why?
I may be wrong but I think Eteri never put her top skaters before finals to compete against each other? And they don't need the cup of russia to be at nationals so the most likely is be there only one Eteri skater
Well ... if in a stage one skater have a better score being 3 or 4 that the 1 one in another stage because she had a easy field of skaters ... the score counts for anything or just the place?

Spirals for Miles

Record Breaker
Radionova will loose her spot in the russian nationals if she doesn't participate in the GP? why?
I may be wrong but I think Eteri never put her top skaters before finals to compete against each other? And they don't need the cup of russia to be at nationals so the most likely is be there only one Eteri skater
Well ... if in a stage one skater have a better score being 3 or 4 that the 1 one in another stage because she had a easy field of skaters ... the score counts for anything or just the place?

Radionova WD from stage 2 - so she can only skate one stage more. Right now she is automatically in because she has a GP, but if she doesn't skate either, she'd have to go via Russian Cup and not only would she not place high enough to qualify but she can only do one more stage - stage 5. So she can't qualify at all without NHK. It's competitive experience for Eteri's girls, and last year Tarakanova and Trusova faced off at Stage 5, with Tarakanova winning. So it could happen again.

By the way, isn't Maria Dmitrieva born 2007? so she can't skate junior at Russian Cup? if so, that would give Kostyuk the win.