2018-19 Russian Ladies' figure skating | Page 508 | Golden Skate

2018-19 Russian Ladies' figure skating

TripleAxelQueens3

sasha trusova is superior
Final Flight
Does she? That‘s good to hear but I won‘t get my hopes too high. But good luck to her of course����

Apparently her UR issue isn’t too bad (at least in practice) and she’s landing almost everything. Please Polina, please stage an upset and get on that podium! :pray:

Sugar Coated

Final Flight
It was posted by someone else. It seems like there will be a short documentary about Zhenya for a Canadian programme called TSN. Maybe it‘s an introduction video for SCI or something like this. But she looked very focused in this video, I think it‘s her actual training and they‘re just filming her.

About the layout: I don‘t think Evgenia has ever done a 2A-3Lo combo, at least I‘ve never seen her do one. She tacked 3T onto every possible jump (including even Lutz and Axel) so maybe she‘s trying the same now with 3Lo? Being able to consistently land it in combo with other jumps. I think it will take some time before we‘ll see her change her layout significantly, though. This year she‘s primarily working on her technique, fixing the axel and trying to get a better edge on the lutz. It’s a transitional period. I guess by next year we‘ll see real changes and better programs, too. Her axel looks a lot better now even though it‘s still not perfect and she‘s even able to tack a loop on to it, so I‘m fairly optimistic for her improvement in the long run. But we‘ll see what happens at SCI. For now the main thing is to skate clean, I think, it‘s too soon to expect any serious changes.

About the lutz issue: Well, she will likely never get a really deep outside edge. If she got it to be consistently on a flat edge, it would be good. Not many skaters have a really deep outside edge so if she has a flat edge she should be fine. Maybe not add a combo to it because the GOE will likely never be the best for her on this jump but it’s already enough if she has two 3Lz in her programs. But this will likely take some time, edge issues aren‘t easy to fix.
I agree this is a rebuilding year for Zhenya. It’s going to take time to fix these issues.

Does she really need a “deep” outside edge? I never understood why this was preferable. Doesn’t she need just enough of an edge to avoid penalties? What’s the benefit of a “deep” edge or is that just some people’s obsession with form?

Fluture

Record Breaker
I agree this is a rebuilding year for Zhenya. It’s going to take time to fix these issues.

Does she really need a “deep” outside edge? I never understood why this was preferable. Doesn’t she need just enough of an edge to avoid penalties? What’s the benefit of a “deep” edge or is that just some people’s obsession with form?

Well, a deep outside edge is the correct way to jump a lutz but not many skaters these days really achieve it. Alina for example has never had any edge issues but her edge isn‘t exactly deep either. So, I don‘t think Zhenya really needs a deep outside edge and I don‘t think she‘ll ever get one either. Shallow outside would be the goal, if it’s more flat it would be acceptable, too, as long as it isn‘t a blatant inside edge like she mostly does now and did in the past.

A deep outside edge isn't the only correct way to jump a Lutz. It and minimum pre rotation give the best quality lutzes, but the Lutz itself is merely defined by counter rotation in the entry.

Vilord

Final Flight
Country
Sweden
To the discussion of Medvedevas +3Lo combination. It looks good and Im impressed that she can do one.

Normaly when someone does a +3Lo combination it means they repeat Lz and F since they have the highest BV. I think that would be pointless for medvedeva at this piont at least with the much discussed edge issues. However it would also be beneficial to repeat Lo and F which she can also do with this type of combination. The gain is not as big compared to the standard layout but could be a step forward.

neusw

On the Ice
To the discussion of Medvedevas +3Lo combination. It looks good and Im impressed that she can do one.

Normaly when someone does a +3Lo combination it means they repeat Lz and F since they have the highest BV. I think that would be pointless for medvedeva at this piont at least with the much discussed edge issues. However it would also be beneficial to repeat Lo and F which she can also do with this type of combination. The gain is not as big compared to the standard layout but could be a step forward.

This strategy is possible, but only if she is always able to do the 3Lo combo with excellent quality (like in the video). Otherwise, she always gets great GOE on the 3S-3T, and has never had issues hitting it in the second half of the program, so it would be safer to continue backloading that combo. I'm not sure there's much base value advantage to substituting a backloaded 3S3T for 2A3Lo. In all likelihood, this is not a competition combo, but simply "practicing at 110%" to improve the outflow of both jumps, possibly with the goal of doing a -3Lo combo on one of her triples.

MeineKatze

On the Ice
That twitter account is clearly a fan account, I would say only her instagram is ran by the real Liza. Isn't it obvious that the english is way too fluent and the content is totally inappropriate to be written by Liza?

Tolstoj

Record Breaker
That twitter account is clearly a fan account, I would say only her instagram is ran by the real Liza. Isn't it obvious that the english is way too fluent and the content is totally inappropriate to be written by Liza?

Nono she said that is her official Twitter account, someone is helping her with the translation but the opinions are her own.

It's meant to be a joke account though, don't take it too seriously.