2018-19 Russian Ladies' figure skating | Page 509 | Golden Skate

2018-19 Russian Ladies' figure skating

halulupu

Final Flight
Looks like someone is watching it live =)
We got to invite her to GS to be mean with us.

no she can't. in this forum being mean is not allowed. she would get too many warnings:laugh:

anyway samanduradova had a an ok debut on the big scene

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
And who is going to take the rest of the spots then? Those who didn't even make it to the GP? :scratch2:

Well, right now there's plenty of skaters who "didn't make it to the GP" who are perhaps currently in a better state than those who did.
For example, Gulyakova and Tarusina look to be better than Radionova and Panenkova

katymay

Medalist
That twitter account is clearly a fan account, I would say only her instagram is ran by the real Liza. Isn't it obvious that the english is way too fluent and the content is totally inappropriate to be written by Liza?

I dunno, I assumed it was her. And someone asked her about the English, I think she really does speak English this well. I believe it is her account.

NaVi

Medalist
I've already said this here in a different way, but I think Russia has a problem with too short a season for their seniors who don't make it to worlds(US and other countries have the same issue). There is the Cup of Russia Final, but it rarely has much significance for seniors(when it's used for a worlds spot when someone falters at Euros) since who gets into next years Grand Prix is determined by the season's best list and an ISU meeting. It's often skipped. At the junior level, juniors have 4 significant competitions after January 1 with Junior Nationals, Cup of Russia Final, Zonal nationals for jgp eligible skaters, and then Zhuk Memorial for skaters newly eligible to skate on the jgp in the next couple years.

I think the extra time is usually not helpful to skaters who have some struggles. Focusing 9 months into the future is hard and jarring because most didn't do that as juniors. Getting the challenger series into February could be a boon for these skaters. The events would be significant because they'd be trying to get their best possible scores on the season's best list to be selected for next years grand prix.

Fluture

Record Breaker
After having watched SA short program I can only say one thing without going into details: Polina not only suffers from URs this season but also a strange judging of her jumps. She looked much better in the SP, hopefully it will hold on to her FS so she can at least make Top 5.

moriel

Record Breaker
no she can't. in this forum being mean is not allowed. she would get too many warnings:laugh:

anyway samanduradova had a an ok debut on the big scene

well, we would pay her a subscription to the competition forums.
the level of mean there is pretty high hehe

moriel

Record Breaker
After having watched SA short program I can only say one thing without going into details: Polina not only suffers from URs this season but also a strange judging of her jumps. She looked much better in the SP, hopefully it will hold on to her FS so she can at least make Top 5.

Yep, my main concern is that she is ??? about what happened to her TES, which doesnt seem like a good approach to solve this problem

DanseMacabre

Final Flight
Country
Iceland
Yep, my main concern is that she is ??? about what happened to her TES, which doesnt seem like a good approach to solve this problem

It wasn't just Polina doing that at SA. Not to say that she hasn't been dealing with URs lately but in this particular instance, I think her reaction was justified. There were a lot of calls that earned that expression this weekend (ie. Marin and Vincent). I didn't agree with all of Polina's calls either so maybe she felt the jump was rotated but the caller didn't see it from their angle.

moriel

Record Breaker
It wasn't just Polina doing that at SA. Not to say that she hasn't been dealing with URs lately but in this particular instance, I think her reaction was justified. There were a lot of calls that earned that expression this weekend (ie. Marin and Vincent). I didn't agree with all of Polina's calls either so maybe she felt the jump was rotated but the caller didn't see it from their angle.

I didt pay attention to Marin, but Vincent's URs were obvious in real time, and Polina's in slowmo.

moriel

Record Breaker
yes, as well as Satoko's. and still .... not everyone got them.

Yep, but i mean... It is unfair Satoko didnt get them, but for Polina, an UR call could be expected.
I am worried because it is better if skater aknowledges the issue and try to fix, but her look of surprise was... not promising.

Fluture

Record Breaker

I agree. I mean in this event I can somewhat understand it since her jumps didn‘t look like they‘d warrant a call (other than one that was obvious). It was a strict panel so her surprise here is okay. She did deserve a higher score in my opinion. But in the other competitions? She always comes off the ice looking satisfied and happy for being cleanish and then seeing her face fall in the K&C everytime is heartbreaking... Isn‘t her team addressing this issues? I mean they must be aware why her score is so low, they must check the protocols! I just don‘t understand this. Sure, URs are hard to correct but at least knowing what’s going wrong is essential to improve.

And it makes me just so angry because she literally has everything to be a real contender. But her issues plus some things that could easily be corrected (like that level two on her steps!!!) ruin it.

Fluture

Record Breaker
Yep, but i mean... It is unfair Satoko didnt get them, but for Polina, an UR call could be expected.
I am worried because it is better if skater aknowledges the issue and try to fix, but her look of surprise was... not promising.

I like Satoko so I won‘t say anything bad about her because she doesn‘t have anything to do with this anyway. But about Polina: the judges are really willing to call her on her URs this season. It‘s not just SA with an obviously strict panel, even in competitions in Russia they don‘t overlook this issue. So while I find her really underscored from time to time (I know the competition isn‘t over but I guess I can say that what happened to her really wasn‘t fair this time) she also really needs to acknowledge this problem and try to improve. Because it seems like she‘ll get absolutely NO favours this season. So reducing the URs is crucial for her. But with Team Buyanova ... well... and here was I thinking she‘d easily grab Russian #3 this season... :(

DanseMacabre

Final Flight
Country
Iceland
And it makes me just so angry because she literally has everything to be a real contender. But her issues plus some things that could easily be corrected (like that level two on her steps!!!) ruin it.

That level 2 step sequence bothered me more than anything else tbh