2018-19 Russian Ladies' figure skating | Page 576 | Golden Skate

2018-19 Russian Ladies' figure skating

Vandevska

U don't have to build the end of the world out it.
Medalist
I actually kinda agree with it.... to me it was surprising how the 3F in the combo got < but not the 3T after the first 3Lutz.
I prefer it much more when they're picky. As a somewhat new fan, this season has kinda opened my eyes.

TripleAxelQueens3

sasha trusova is superior
Final Flight
In a perfect universe Sonya, Zhenya and Kaori would make it to the GPF, but in reality one of them (if not two in the scenario that Stasya gets in) will not make it.

BillNeal

You Know I'm a FS Fan...
Record Breaker
I actually kinda agree with it.... to me it was surprising how the 3F in the combo got < but not the 3T after the first 3Lutz.
I prefer it much more when they're picky. As a somewhat new fan, this season has kinda opened my eyes.

It’s opening my eyes too that the tech panel is actually calling her URs. I mean it would have done Alina a favour if URs were called at Nebelhorn (both 3Lo< as examples) and she could have worked on fixing them between that B event and the GPs. Turning a blind eye to URs isn’t fair to the other competitors or the skater with uncalled URs.

katymay

Medalist
Did he say why? It makes me sad that either Zhenya or Sofia (or Kaori but she's not Russian) won't qualify to the final, or that in juniors two silvers wasn't enough for Anna Tarusina. Also - I think Tarusina is probably 8/9/10 on the ladies power list.

He said it was a time issue. It has never made sense to me either.

narcissa

Record Breaker
New Rostelecom Cup FAKE UR calls:
http://www.isuresults.com/results/se..._FS_Scores.pdf

https://youtu.be/EIynTD_7168?t=342
3Lz+3T< UR call was fake. It seems they just don't want Sofia to be in GPF instead of Kaori.

https://youtu.be/q5bzQp185zU?t=182
Alina's 3F<+2T+2Lo UR call was fake as well.
Also her 3Lz<+3Lo combo was 90 degree UR and they can be less picky about that but they chose not to.

Sofia's 3T looked 90 degree UR.

Alina's 3Lz+3Lo were both underrotated. She jumped them in front of me and I could see the ice mark clearly. 3F was too far away for me to see. But from the video it seems clearly underrotated.

Deripashka

On the Ice
I actually asked Ted Barton about this, he said, Nope, never going to happen.

This is quite unfortunate decision. Figure skating is quickly growing up sport. In Russia coming up new world class girls each year and thousends of them entering this sport as youngsters every year. Japan, in little smaller dimensions, detto. Also other asian countries which are not common figure skating superpowers like Indonesia etc. becoming to explore this sport. I think ISU should reflect this development and gradually extend number of slots, but also bring new events/competitions.

Vandevska

U don't have to build the end of the world out it.
Medalist
It’s opening my eyes too that the tech panel is actually calling her URs. I mean it would have done Alina a favour if URs were called at Nebelhorn (both 3Lo< as examples) and she could have worked on fixing them between that B event and the GPs. Turning a blind eye to URs isn’t fair to the other competitors or the skater with uncalled URs.
To be honest in the 3L3Lo to me it looks like the loop is nice and around, but the lutz is not. It is noticeable in the sp from yesterday too.
I don't know about the flip today, but unfortunately it wasn't called yesterday.
At least I no longer hate the programs lol. Especially the second part of the fs, it has grown on me ^^

VenusHalley

Final Flight
“Alina’s jumps are falling apart” “She can’t handle pressure”

Alina, congratulations on your world record. I wish you another one tomorrow :)

Sofia could grab silver here, and Polina… I am not sure but the free skate will sure be interesting. Good luck to all the ladies!

Well, her jumps were not perfect today AND she was again teary eyed, even if she won. It's bit disturbing.

I cannot imagine what would happened if she does not win GPF, which to be honest... can happened...

Maybe for now... it would be wise instead of talking quads... take out some of the precious transitions. If she was only 995 instead of 1000, her PCS will not drop dramatically and maybe it will make things easier for her? Not sure. Maybe everybody (and most of all Alina) need to accept she is sorta inconsistent but can still win/medal even with some mistakes.

TripleAxelQueens3

sasha trusova is superior
Final Flight
Woah Kamila Valieva is in the exhibition!

(I’m not sure if this belongs in the competition thread or this one)

lesnar001

Record Breaker
Well, her jumps were not perfect today AND she was again teary eyed, even if she won. It's bit disturbing.

I cannot imagine what would happened if she does not win GPF, which to be honest... can happened...

Maybe for now... it would be wise instead of talking quads... take out some of the precious transitions. If she was only 995 instead of 1000, her PCS will not drop dramatically and maybe it will make things easier for her? Not sure. Maybe everybody (and most of all Alina) need to accept she is sorta inconsistent but can still win/medal even with some mistakes.

You must have a better computer screen than me, I didn't notice any tears.
But even if there were, why is that disturbing?

I'd rather see her care too much, than not enough.

And there's a difference between her jumps were not perfect today and "her jumps are falling apart".

moriel

Record Breaker
Internet reactions
Medvedeva scores 197 (vs her 238 at Olys): oh my god, she is improving so much
Zagitova scores 222 (vs her 239 at Olys): she is done

melgirl25

Medalist
Internet reactions

Um no, people have been saying Evgenia has been "done" since she switched to Orser and had mixed results at ACI and SCI - on the internet and this forum. Both girls are under a microscope and any slip or mistake is being globalized into something worse than what it really is. They are each going through different growing pains.

bubblecherry

Final Flight
Internet reactions

Oh here we go again... The judges scores aren't representative of EITHER one of their standings in relation to how good they were last year. And as if this hasn't been discussed to death already.

Seruleane

Final Flight

While I would also love to see her team simplify her layout as clearly she is growing and trying to maintain her jumps (and doing a very admirable job) Eteri already stated in an interview that the goal was to continue challenging her and pushing her to her limits so she grows as a skater. There was no mention of winning every competition, though of course I'm sure she and her team have their eyes on Worlds. Also, the FS layout is completely new for Alina. When you think about how many skaters keep virtually the same jump and spin layout year after year to enable consistency, it's pretty amazing that Alina and her team are trying something so different. I think it's a good sign, and I hope it means she has longevity.