2018-19 Russian Ladies' figure skating | Page 579 | Golden Skate

2018-19 Russian Ladies' figure skating

Bluediamonds09

Medalist
In how many weeks will we finally get to see Guliakova at an international event?

Also, do we already know the complete list of ladies competing at nationals?

balabam

🥕🥕🌵🌵😈😀
Record Breaker
Country
Slovakia
In how many weeks will we finally get to see Guliakova at an international event?

Also, do we already know the complete list of ladies competing at nationals?

on Friday at Warsaw cup http://www.pfsa.com.pl/results/1718/WC2018/index.htm
problem of small competitions like this, is that Guliakova can't really count with high component marks, with weak field if all the other competitors will be in 5's or 6's, judges don't give her 8's. And this undermines her chances for top 24 SB.

Lily flowers

On the Ice
Internet reactions
Medvedeva scores 197 (vs her 238 at Olys): oh my god, she is improving so much
Zagitova scores 222 (vs her 239 at Olys): she is done

It’s worth noting that Evgenia is starting from scratch, and yes she has improved significantly in several areas, while Alina is building upon what she’s achieved last season.
I don’t think either is done, that’s just irrational hater talk.

Hello from Brazil

On the Ice
Evgenia is reworking her whole technique, whilst recovering physically. As Brian said, it may take up to one and a half year for her to unleash her full potential.
I don't understand how can Alina be done, she won both her GPs and holds the WR on every segment.

moriel

Record Breaker
It’s worth noting that Evgenia is starting from scratch, and yes she has improved significantly in several areas, while Alina is building upon what she’s achieved last season.
I don’t think either is done, that’s just irrational hater talk.

I dont see how she is starting from scratch. We have quite a few other skaters of comparable level who moved to Orser

Yuna: moved in March 2007. In 2006-07 season, she was scoring 168 - 186 or so. In 2007-08 season, she scored 180 - 197. There was no "1.5 year", she improved straight away.
Hanyu: moved in April 2012. In 2011-12 season, he was scoring 226-251 or so. In 2012-13 season, 243-264. Again, there was no "1.5 year", Hanyu improved his results straight away.
Well, Javi was not a top skater but he is being brought as example so:
Fernandez: moved in June 2011. In 2010-11, he was scoring 184-218. In 2011-12, he was scoring 204-250. Fernandez also improved straight away.

This is also why people expected better results from Zhenya - the top skaters who went to Orser so far didnt lose their ground at first, despite different coaching system and whatever. Is Zhenya only one reworking stuff? Everybody else came in entirely ready and had nothing to rework? Weren't people bringing Hanyu as an example of reworked jump technique before? Didn't Orser actually say he would use with Zhenya what he learned while coaching Yuna, who came to him imjured?

narcissa

Record Breaker
I dont see how she is starting from scratch. We have quite a few other skaters of comparable level who moved to Orser

Yuna: moved in March 2007. In 2006-07 season, she was scoring 168 - 186 or so. In 2007-08 season, she scored 180 - 197. There was no "1.5 year", she improved straight away.
Hanyu: moved in April 2012. In 2011-12 season, he was scoring 226-251 or so. In 2012-13 season, 243-264. Again, there was no "1.5 year", Hanyu improved his results straight away.
Fernandez: moved in June 2011. In 2010-11, he was scoring 184-218. In 2011-12, he was scoring 204-250. Fernandez also improved straight away.

This is also why people expected better results from Zhenya - the top skaters who went to Orser so far didnt lose their ground at first, despite different coaching system and whatever. Is Zhenya only one reworking stuff? Everybody else came in entirely ready and had nothing to rework? Weren't people bringing Hanyu as an example of reworked jump technique before? Didn't Orser actually say he would use with Zhenya what he learned while coaching Yuna, who came to him imjured?

I mean

there's been like 2 competitions this year so far

Lily flowers

On the Ice

in all of the examples you stated, their lowest scores after moving to Orser are lower than what they had before.
This season isn’t over yet, once it is, then we can compare.
Also, not to mention, Evgenia’s scores were completely maxed out before. That needs to be taken into account

moriel

Record Breaker
in all of the examples you stated, their lowest scores after moving to Orser are lower than what they had before.
Also, not to mention, Evgenia’s scores were completely maxed out before. That needs to be taken into account

YUNA: lowest score the year before moving to orser: 168. lowest score the year after: 180
Hanyu: lowest score the year before: 226. Lowest score after 243.
Fernandez: lowest score the year before: 184. Lowest score the year after: 204

Exactly, in which of the examples I stated their lower score after moving to Orser are lower than what they had before?

If we compare lowest scores, you don't really need to wait for the season to end, unless you expect Zhenya to bomb even harder than she already did.

malya

On the Ice
I meant lets wait, maybe her best performances under Orser are yet to come.

They are surely yet to come ~200 is a terrible score for a skater of her caliber.

Even if she does not return to her previous heights she should be able to get results at about Satoko/Liza's level this season... l will be watching IDF :)

IDF: nobody is counting on Konstantinova? I liked her in Helsinki and thought she got hit pretty bad with the PCS and could get more... but maybe they will take a closer look at her jump landings in France.

curious

Final Flight

And working with a new system not exactly in the russians favor. x's

neusw

On the Ice
IDF: nobody is counting on Konstantinova? I liked her in Helsinki and thought she got hit pretty bad with the PCS and could get more... but maybe they will take a closer look at her jump landings in France.

She also got quite a few URs ignored. I'm afraid the score she got at Helsinki is close to her realistic maximum assuming fair tech calls and some rise in PCS.

moriel

Record Breaker
She also got quite a few URs ignored. I'm afraid the score she got at Helsinki is close to her realistic maximum assuming fair tech calls and some rise in PCS.

not that
Konstantinova is in the mix only because she had a skate of her life. Its like considering Kolyada for medals at Worlds this year just because he medaled last year.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
not that
Konstantinova is in the mix only because she had a skate of her life. Its like considering Kolyada for medals at Worlds this year just because he medaled last year.

It helps when others aren’t having the skate of their life and make silly errors ;)

I like Stasya and hope she goes into “send it” mode again. She’s got nothing to lose! Just send it !!

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
Notes from Mishin Cup SP today:
1. Viktoria Safonova has a 3Lz-3Lo now!
2. Ksusha Sinitsyna is going back to 3Lz-3T in the SP - we will see about FS
3. Stanislava Molchanova is starting to catch my eye - no videos, but this is her second good SP - especially for someone not from Moscow or St. Petersburg (is KRA Krasnoyarsk? EDIT - thanks to j00mla for giving me a much needed Russian geography lesson :laugh:)

j00mla

Made in USSR
Final Flight
Notes from Mishin Cup SP today:
1. Viktoria Safonova has a 3Lz-3Lo now!
2. Ksusha Sinitsyna is going back to 3Lz-3T in the SP - we will see about FS
3. Stanislava Molchanova is starting to catch my eye - no videos, but this is her second good SP - especially for someone not from Moscow or St. Petersburg (is KRA Krasnoyarsk?)

I guess, in this case it's KRD, not KRA

https://youtu.be/SouWFjeprqo she? КРД = Краснодар (Krasnodar)

malya

On the Ice
not that

I was going to argue that she might have gotten better this season so this is her new normal... But then I watched her at Finlandia and Ondrej Nepala :( Not completely terrible, but if you compare her to Sofia's consistency I get why noone expects as much.

Still, I like the FS!

Sam L

Medalist
YUNA: lowest score the year before moving to orser: 168. lowest score the year after: 180
Hanyu: lowest score the year before: 226. Lowest score after 243.
Fernandez: lowest score the year before: 184. Lowest score the year after: 204

Exactly, in which of the examples I stated their lower score after moving to Orser are lower than what they had before?

If we compare lowest scores, you don't really need to wait for the season to end, unless you expect Zhenya to bomb even harder than she already did.

Tuna and Hanyu moves to Orser at different stages of their career to Zhenya so it’s hard to compare.