2018-19 Russian Ladies' figure skating | Page 7 | Golden Skate

2018-19 Russian Ladies' figure skating

moriel

Record Breaker
Guys...it’s just a practice quad Lutz. No replay or deductions are necessary. That fact that she is landing it is the key to building Toward the perfect one.

To start with, she rotates it more than many men rotate their ratified quads.
And honestly even an URd 4Lz is worth a lot more than a regular Lz.

Shayuki

Record Breaker
To start with, she rotates it more than many men rotate their ratified quads.
And honestly even an URd 4Lz is worth a lot more than a regular Lz.
Well, while that's true... This would not replace a 3Lutz. It could replace a 2A, for instance. In which case it's a huge increase in points even UR. You know how big a deal is being made out of Zagitova's 4 point BV advantage over most other skaters? That's already far more than that.

Scott512

Record Breaker
Guys...it’s just a practice quad Lutz. No replay or deductions are necessary. That fact that she is landing it is the key to building Toward the perfect one.

Quad lutz? Wow. What the heck must Evgenia Medvedeva and Alina Zagitova be thinking of this baby girl and what she's doing? Will Eteri turn her lose at natinals or hold her back?

cohen-esque

Final Flight
Oh, yeah. Without having watched that twitter video - Isn't this the same person who made that GIF on Trusova Russia Cup quad which also was thoroughly misleading? That landing frame on that GIF is airborne and the GIF is like 5 FPS. I didn't even watch it before but that's horrendous. Here's an actual slow-mo with the actual landing frame:

https://streamable.com/geqj8

I appreciate how this video speeds up at just the right moment to try and hide what it is clearly, and obviously, a severe UR. Her skate touches down well over 90 degrees early. (EDIT: actually, just very obvious, but probably only 20-30 degrees or so past the quarter mark, which isn’t really “severe.”)

But still, it’s not a downgrade, and she was able to get decent flow out of it regardless. Her quad sal and quad toe both looked very similar once, and we’ve seen how those turned out. I’d say this is very promising indeed.

cohen-esque

Final Flight

This... is still a (slight) UR. Her skate hits the ice shortly before the quarter turn and when it’s actually at the 90 degree mark, the front of her skate is flatter on the ice with her weight on it while she’s still rotating, hence the trouble checking and slightly shaky landing. But like I said above, rather less severe than how it looked in real time, and it’s at quite a good point for her to be landing it on the JGP next season, judging by her quad toe progress this season.

russianfan

Match Penalty
By the way, Trusova would be the 4th in TES at Worlds senior men's FS, outscoring both Kolyada and Aliev :biggrin:

yoloaxel

Record Breaker
By the way, Trusova would be the 4th in TES at Worlds senior men's FS, outscoring both Kolyada and Aliev :biggrin:

I would love to see a 'battle of the sexes' where Trusova, Zagitova, Kostornaya and Medvedeva challenge the men and are judged with men's PCS

atsumiri

Record Breaker