2018-19 Russian Ladies' figure skating | Page 970 | Golden Skate

2018-19 Russian Ladies' figure skating

Orlov

Medalist
https://vk.com/video-50034439_456239227

Sasha in an addidas event. Could anyone translate the interesting parts ? Q&A at the end maybe ?

46 minutes talked about sportswear about the history of its development, as an important high-quality clothing for sports. In general, boredom. Occasionally they asked Sasha something, she answered a little bit (for example, that black is preferable for training)

The fun itself began with 46 minutes, when questions from the audience began - it turned out that everyone had come for Sasha :biggrin: The first question was asked by some girl who was not at all embarrassed about offtopic - What programs and what music will be next season? (Sasha said she did not choose yet) And then all the questions only to Sasha :laugh:People even stopped clarifying what they were saying to Sasha, just: “What is your favorite color?” (some little girl asked) - “Red”. Poor two other girls :) "What are the event of the grand prix you want next season?" "I love the first ones. But I also want to go to Japan." In the end, they took pity on the second sportswoman (curling) - and they personally asked her (about the fact that she left figure skating due to injury and why curling)

Then they handed out gifts to the audience. And at the very end, "friends, we had an online translation, and they asked a question..." surprise, surprise "...to Sasha. Do you listen to Korean music?" "No" "may be, a Japanese music?", "No" (of course, with Sasha's famous embarrassed quiet laugh)

Feel the power of figure skating! :devil:

Orlov

Medalist

what is wrong with you? What is so terrible you see in the message:

"P.S. World Championship 2019 in Japan was the best crown of the past season for our entire team! Such a storm of emotions and joy, sincere joy for our girls, who survived and gave the whole World a beautiful fight (gold and silver). Under the circumstances, we could not enjoy the Olympic medals, it was some kind of amnesia of feelings. And now all those feelings, as if burst out.
Thanks to Alina Zagitova and Liza Tursynbaeva for the best gift to our entire team !!!"

Or should Eteri shut up and write nothing, just because every word annoys Medvedeva's fans?

thatbeatingheart

On the Ice
Country
Germany
:laugh2: I'm pretty sure she's just trolling you guys at this point, since she got such a delightful response on the first post.

P.S. she's talking about olympic medals, not bronze medals, so it's actually a followup on the sentiments of sadness from the previous post. No need to get your panties in a bunch...

Funny how „Olympic“ translates to „Bronze“ but it makes more sense this way. Thanks for clarifying!

DenissVFan

Medalist
The automatic translation on IG changed "the Olympic medals" into "the bronze medals", at least in my native language, so if you read the translation you may be confused.

DougDorsey

On the Ice
Well, some people definitely think everybody's world revolves around Medvedeva as much as their own.

There is not a singe word about her, bronze medal or anything but how thankful she is to Alina and Liza. Nothing. It's irritating that everything Eteri does, every word she says even before someone could translate it is supposed to be another abuse of poor little Zhenia.

what is wrong with you? What is so terrible you see in the message:

"P.S. World Championship 2019 in Japan was the best crown of the past season for our entire team! Such a storm of emotions and joy, sincere joy for our girls, who survived and gave the whole World a beautiful fight (gold and silver). Under the circumstances, we could not enjoy the Olympic medals, it was some kind of amnesia of feelings. And now all those feelings, as if burst out.
Thanks to Alina Zagitova and Liza Tursynbaeva for the best gift to our entire team !!!"

Or should Eteri shut up and write nothing, just because every word annoys Medvedeva's fans?

Um, the Instagram translation specifically mentions bronze medals. Don't believe me? See...https://d.pr/i/ca6zJm.

Yet as I wrote directly above: "Perhaps someone can offer a proper translation of this latest post from her, because the Instagram translation makes it sounds like she includes a remark about the bronze medal (i.e. Zhenya), but I don't always trust the Instagram translation."

I don't have a strong preference between Zhenya and Alina - if anything, I care most about the 3As - so if you're grouping me in with the Zhenya obsessives, you're wrong. Your assumption that everyone in the figure skating world needs to be pro-someone and anti-someone else is foolish; it's like an elementary school mentality. Some people are here simply because they enjoy skating and couldn't care less about being blindly loyal to a skater or coach or country. Not everyone who expresses an opinion has an agenda.

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Feel the power of figure skating! :devil:

Thanks. It was boring, all this talking about brand and history.

Was this Trusova's first appearance for Adidas? She'll quickly learn that being a brand ambassador isn't all about being dressed in the newest apparel to parade on the catwalk once in a while. There will be more boring promotion sessions, shop openings, etc. for her to attend.

Plus, I think she still is just a tad too young and inexperienced in anything other than figure skating to be more than the poster child at the moment. Had she brought Tina along, nobody would have had any interest in the Adidas stuff and babble. ;-)

Of course the young girls in the audience only came for Aleksandra. One can hardly expect 10 year olds having an interest in curling, LOL.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
Flanker, I agree with a lot of your posts. This one included. But I will never appreciate how you view the fans of Evgenia as the same people. We are not.
There are a lot of people who are now "fans" of Evgenia because it fits their narrative. But Alina has those too. There were so many comments under every video of Evgenia and including some of Alina's before and during the Olympic season that were simply like "I want Alina to win because I hate Evgenia". Surely you won't say that those are pure fans of Alina, right?
And if we're talking about taking things out of context, the same happens for Evgenia. And you do it too sometimes.

But as @moriel said, let's all please not be selective and discuss something else, like how many quads will Sasha have next year (I think they'll start the season with 3, and if everything goes as planned, they will keep it as is.)

I think that following quoted comment explains what (kind of people) I was writing about better than I could do by my own words:

And whatever you may think about me "throwing someone's fans into one bag" (another proverb in czech to which I don't know proper english counterpart), I think I can honesty say that people like me have never started discussions about someone being evil, just sometimes join them when we feel it is necessary to challenge someone's one-sided narrative.

Vandevska

U don't have to build the end of the world out it.
Medalist
[1]I think that following quoted comment explains what (kind of people) I was writing about better than I could do by my own words:

[2]people like me have never started discussions about someone being evil, just sometimes join them when we feel it is necessary to challenge someone's one-sided narrative.

[1] Actually this annoys me too. Which is why I said that I wish it wasn't brought into this thread.
[2] Thank you for doing this. I just wanted to say that it's good to see what we ourselves do too.

r2d2

On the Ice
Eteri shouldnt write about Medvedeva, Eteri is public person and she is more responsible for her words than you and me, because her words are listen by fans and media. After wc2019 Medo fans were happy and Zagi fans were happy, but no Eteri couldnt resist and wrote how much Medo hurt her. Is that normal after one year? no. writing about parents ok but why about Zhenya?

Eteri knew how people will react. so yeah she is guilty of that. if she didnt mention Zhenya we wouldnt even talk about that post. It was childish(pushing people's buttons) and since when adult person talk about private life on instagram. o tempora, o mores.

ps. and yes Eteri is a great coach but not great person.
ps2. those who said Eteri didnt write about Zhenya. from Eteri post "Next is the strange departure of my students, one of whom I set as an example for everyone" the answer is who is Evgenia Medvedeva. i liked jeopardy

VenusHalley

Final Flight
Eteri shouldnt write about Medvedeva, Eteri is public person and she is more responsible for her words than you and me, because her words are listen by fans and media. After wc2019 Medo fans were happy and Zagi fans were happy, but no Eteri couldnt resist and wrote how much Medo hurt her. Is that normal after one year? no. writing about parents ok but why about Zhenya?

Eteri knew how people will react. so yeah she is guilty of that. if she didnt mention Zhenya we wouldnt even talk about that post. It was childish(pushing people's buttons) and since when adult person talk about private life on instagram. o tempora, o mores.

ps2. those who said Eteri didnt write about Zhenya. from Eteri post "Next is the strange departure of my students, one of whom I set as an example for everyone" the answer is who is Evgenia Medvedeva. i liked jeopardy

Because your student leaving your ring is JUST ON THE SAME LEVEL as your parents dying.

The whole posts reads "woe is me" with hint of pettiness. She already talked about her mom, and cried about it, in that Ted interview... so it feels weird saying "she never shared" And whining about how Evgenia hurt her in the same short paragraph.

melgirl25

Medalist
Eteri cannot breath without being wrong.

She, as coach, has all right to disclose such information about the decisions her team makes or doesn't makes. Its not some personal Alina's info.
You could be ultraged, yes, if she told that Alina got a new bf or whatever personal like that that is none of her business.

Zhenya often gets the same treatment.

Orlov

Medalist

Nobody said that Zhenya was not mentioned there. We said that the world does not revolve around Medvedeva. And this post was not dedicated to her.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic

I didn't find literally a word that she "shouldn't" write (if I even accept the way of thinking that somebody believes he has the right to tell others what they "should or shouldn't" write or say).

P. S. Yes, I think that when you leave somebody after so long time, you owe him to tell it to him before it becomes public.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
The dig at Evgenia was definitely unnecessary. And she ought to know that there is nothing "strange" about the departure of her students when so many had left her before.

It's ok for her to be upset that Zhenya left and found happiness somewhere else, but the way she had to tie it into the post mourning her parents and post it right after this competition is beyond petty. She is not stupid, she knows exactly what she's doing. Just let it go! You have enough other students to win you medals for the next several years. Jeez.

r2d2

On the Ice
I didn't find literally a word that she "shouldn't" write (if I even accept the way of thinking that somebody believes he has the right to tell others what they "should or shouldn't" write or say).

P. S. Yes, I think that when you leave somebody after so long time, you owe him to tell it to him before it becomes public.

no no, i worte about something else. we can do a lot of things but it doesnt mean we should do those things. Eteri can write about Medo, Lipnitskaya, Mickey Mouse. but it doesnt mean she should do it. when you do or write some things they trigger(action reaction) other people. just write that Eteri is junior coach and see reactions. thats why we dont do some things because we know consequences. unless you want to see those consequences. the more mature you the more triggers you see.

ps. beside i wrote that writing about parents is ok
ps2. i edited qoute because i was confused by Czech flag:laugh:

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
She is not stupid, she knows exactly what she's doing. Just let it go! You have enough other students to win you medals for the next several years. Jeez.

Sometimes I think Eteri might form a personal bond that even she has a hard time expressing. Wouldn’t be surprised to learn that her students don’t fully grasp it. She was with Zhenya for a very long time and I can only imagine the emotional journey they went thru. I have a feeling her comments aren’t her lamenting about her medal count but most likely stem from deep rooted personal feelings.

That’s why I don’t really comment on the matter. Even when they take to the public it feels too personal for me to offer any valuable insight. YMMV.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
The dig at Evgenia was definitely unnecessary. And she ought to know that there is nothing "strange" about the departure of her students when so many had left her before.

It's ok for her to be upset that Zhenya left and found happiness somewhere else, but the way she had to tie it into the post mourning her parents and post it right after this competition is beyond petty. She is not stupid, she knows exactly what she's doing. Just let it go! You have enough other students to win you medals for the next several years. Jeez.

And to:

no no, i worte about something else. we can do a lot of things but it doesnt mean we should do those things. Eteri can write about Medo, Lipnitskaya, Mickey Mouse. but it doesnt mean she should do it. when you do or write some things they trigger(action reaction) other people. just write that Eteri is junior coach and see reactions. thats why we dont do some things because we know consequences. unless you want to see those consequences. the more mature you the more triggers you see.

ps. beside i wrote that writing about parents is ok
ps2. i edited qoute because i was confused by Czech flag:laugh:

Eteri was talking about her feelings, comparing two seasons. What she had to cope with last year (and the separation of Medvedeva definitely belongs among it all), what prevented her to enjoy fully her success last year and why this worlds championship is a redemption. I really can't see the thing you still are trying to find in every single word she says. Again, I'm back with my point about her talking about Boitano. She speaks about Boitano - she wants to bash Orser. She speaks about last season - she wants to attack Medvedeva. According some people she simply can't talk about things just because it is how she feels it, no, there is always sinister purpose behind it. No, I don't see any evil in those words and therefore I say there is nothing what "she shouldn't do". People are so quick with bringing their personal norms to others.

Those calls for talking about other things, not only Eteri vs. Zhenya struggle, than seem not serious to me, when those people are still bringing the same topics, the same narrative back again and again, when those people can't accept what Orlov have said:

"We said that the world does not revolve around Medvedeva."

That's it. So simple.

P. S. those things you mentioned many people do, even here on GS - like health speculations, those are very popular here. And remember, how some people started to chase Eteri for words about "bronze medals" just because bad robotic translation, they were triggered immediately before realized she was talking about something completely different. Do not deny that there are many people prepared to "consider" any word that is crossing her lips and turn it against her.

Lechat

On the Ice
Country
France

Zhenia was special to her and she left without a warning. How would you feel if someone closed to you decides to cut ties like that and someone else tells you sorry but this person doesn’t want to see you anymore.