2018-19 Russian Ladies' figure skating | Page 997 | Golden Skate

2018-19 Russian Ladies' figure skating

Weathergal

Medalist
Now that most of the important Jr competitions are over, this is how I would think JGP spots would be distributed next season. Of course a lot can change from now until August (injuries, illness, growth spurts etc)

Total spots: 15 (1 extra for event in Russia)

Returning juniors: 8 Spots
Ksenia Sinitsina - 2 spots. 4th at Jr Nats and Jr Worlds, 3rd at JGP event
Viktoria Vasilieva - 2 spots. 6th at Jr Nats, 3rd at Russian Cup Final (MS), 3rd at JGP event
Anastasia Tarakanova - 2 spots. 7th at Jr Nats, 4th at JGPF, 1st and 2nd at JGP events
Alena Kanysheva- 2 spots. 11th at JR Nats, 3rd at JGPF, 2nd at both JGP events

New Juniors:
Kamila Valieva - 2 spots. 1st at younger age and older age nationals, withdrew from some events with injury but clearly the strongest of the upcoming group
Maya Khromik - 2 spots. Also injured at the start of the season and missed ability to qualify for jr nats. 1st at Cup Final (CMS) and 2nd at Elder Age nats
Daria Usacheva - 1/2 spots. Started the season strong but dealt with some inconsistencies starting mid season. Came back pretty strong the last couple of competitions but seems to be struggling a bit with confidence. 2nd at Cup Final (CMS), 3rd at Elder Age Nats, 10th at Jr Nats
Anna Frolova/Anastasia Shabotova/Viktoria Safonova seem to be the best candidates for the remaining spots.

What do you guys think?

What about Anna Tarusina?

Weathergal

Medalist
Anna Tarusina will probably go to seniors. She’s already seventeen I think, and has one GP spot guaranteed (if they submit her, which they should since she’s super consistent).

Thanks, for some reason I was thinking she was staying in juniors one more year. But what you're saying makes sense, and I didn't realize she had a GP,spot guaranteed. Yes, I think her consistency will serve her well.

starla16

Medalist
Masha Sotskova changed coach. Now she is with Sokolovskaya (coach of Alexander Samarin)

Buyanova:

"Masha and I came to the conclusion that our working relations had been exhausted, mutual understanding disappeared. In this case, there is simply no point in continuing to work together. Masha decided to go to the coach of our club, Svetlana Sokolovskaya. I sincerely wish her to achieve better results under the guidance of a new coach than those that were achieved during our joint work."

another poached Buyanova student bites the dust.
maybe Radionova will leave next ?

Happy Skates

Final Flight
Its not about allowing.
There is no point for her to turn senior to not get any GPs (which also means she is not ready to be a senior in Russia).

They probably will allow her to compete at challenger events though, and she definitely will be doing senior domestic events, including senior nationals if she qualifies.

Happy Skates

Final Flight
Masha Sotskova changed coach. Now she is with Sokolovskaya (coach of Alexander Samarin)

Buyanova:

"Masha and I came to the conclusion that our working relations had been exhausted, mutual understanding disappeared. In this case, there is simply no point in continuing to work together. Masha decided to go to the coach of our club, Svetlana Sokolovskaya. I sincerely wish her to achieve better results under the guidance of a new coach than those that were achieved during our joint work."

So who is going to be Buyanova's new #1? Gubanova? Maybe that'll help with her politicking.

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
What was the music Yevgeniya Medvedeva skated to in 2018 Europeans Exhibition Gala?

Powerful Russian female vocal rock song, with a convincing performance by Yevgeniya.

Would like to hear that music being used again, Trusova perhaps is able to pull it off.

tempo

On the Ice
What was the music Yevgeniya Medvedeva skated to in 2018 Europeans Exhibition Gala?

Powerful Russian female vocal rock song, with a convincing performance by Yevgeniya.

Would like to hear that music being used again, Trusova perhaps is able to pull it off.

It was Polina Gagarina singing the song "Kukushka" (OST "Battle for Sevastopol" movie) of Viktor Tsoy, the legend of soviet-russian rock musik:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZ90P6BtWSA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fuPX8mjeb-E

Original song:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hERIpmpNPOs

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker

Scott512

Record Breaker

Buyanova:

Total class by the coach.

As for Anastasia T I expect her to be the number one Junior in the world next season.

Elucidus

Match Penalty
Yeah, and I hope they both get GP spots where they perform brilliantly and get 200 and gazillion points!

I am afraid it's impossible. GP spots field is too cluttered for now - so neither Tarusina nor Gubanova can't be guaranteed to get any spot at all. Therefore scenario where they stay in juniors is still highly likely.
There are people who recalculated world rating for next season already and applied season's best scores too - so they deducted the following list for GP spots:
1) Zagitova (2 spots)
2) Medvedeva (2 spots)
3) Tuktamysheva (2 spots)
4) Samodurova (2 spots)
5) Trusova (2 spots)
6) Scherbakova (2 spots)
7) Kostornaya (2 spots)
8) Konstantinova (2 spots)
9) Sotskova (1 spot)
10) Sakhanovich (1 spot)

Also, there are rumors that Kostornaya left Eteri group and transferred to other couch (presumably in CSKA). I can't say whether the rumor is true or not. Still there are at least three circumstantial evidences:

1) there is some video of very poor quality which appeared on anonymous boards where some girl filmed with her phone some foggy silluet on ice and exclaimed that she is Alena Kostornaya. And it wasn't in Khrustalniy ice rink.
2) Usacheva (Eteri skater) who is known for her rather talkative disposition - ignored the question about Kostornaya transfer in her ask account.
3) Kostornaya wasn't listed in Plushenko ice show in May whereas Trusova and Scherbakova were. Considering that it is in one month ahead - she would have enough time to restore her health to skate - at least without jumps.

So, yeah.. :slink: