2018-19 Russian Ladies' figure skating | Page 343 | Golden Skate

2018-19 Russian Ladies' figure skating

leoleo

Medalist
Anna Tarusina should be renamed "Anna watch me survive 500 girls standing at #1" :laugh2: am i even allowed to post this here? :slink:

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Anna Tarusina should be renamed "Anna watch me survive 500 girls standing at #1" :laugh2: am i even allowed to post this here? :slink:

In the technical discussion thread anything goes :giveup:

narcissa

Record Breaker
what's the problem in producing comfortable skates which doesn't damage skater's foot? i don't get it
why every season it's the same old over and over again, there is always skaters who have problems with their skates.. we live in 2018 and with all the technology, humanity still can't produce decent skates?

I still can't wear normal shoes that don't hurt my feet :drama: feet are...different lol. It's hard.

alvina9894

Final Flight

she survived a car accident, no doubt she'll survive skating first :love:
it would be marvellous if she manages to stay #1 by the end of this 5 hour competition.

zounger

Medalist
It's weird to watch this with the new rules - I have no idea if Tarusina's 67 for debute clean skate is good or medium score. :scratch2:

According to the old rules it would be great int'l debute.

I think we have to wait for the protocols and see the GOEs etc.(compared to other girls) then the picture will be more clear.

alvina9894

Final Flight
It's weird to watch this with the new rules - I have no idea if Tarusina's 67 for debute clean skate is good or medium score. :scratch2:

Anna has 39.82 for TES. Eunsoo Lim had 37.09 for TES in Asian Opens SP. Anna's BV should be 1.5 points above Lim (depends on levels) and her TES is 2.73 points above Lim so that makes it 1.2 points GOE difference.

I would say 67 is a pretty good score. Anna now holds the Ladies record for highest TES in the GOE+/-5 system.

Baron Vladimir

Record Breaker

Good i guess. Roughly translating to the old GOE scale it would be 3 points less in my opinion Watching her skating the first time my conclusion is that she could work more on performance and interpretation for better scores, her tech elements are very good/fine.

Elana

On the Ice
I really hope it is still a good score, I thought Anna T. skated beautifully :love: Also her dress is exquisite, especially the back!

Tolstoj

Record Breaker

It's still good.

I thought she was a little slower here than usual, i think she has to get used to the new layout (yes it's the same program but also new in a way cause all the elements are in a different order with different transitions), plus the pressure on skating first. She can do it even better than this.

Watch

Final Flight
Anna skates like an angel. Absolutely beautiful to watch.

edit: the second I typed this, Ted also called her an angel. But what else is there to say about her?

Tyranid

Final Flight
Yeah, we'll see some insane scores with these scoring changes. We already see it with Sherbakova's score. First post Olympic competition, junior event and a 73+ for the SP with 43+ for TES. You can see how much of a factor GOE becomes now.

Tolstoj

Record Breaker
Yeah, we'll see some insane scores with these scoring changes. We already see it with Sherbakova's score. First post Olympic competition, junior event and a 73+ for the SP with 43+ for TES. You can see how much of a factor GOE becomes now.

For sure but she has some crazy transitions in and out all on one foot though, great flexibility on all the spins,... i don't know how many skaters will get such a big score at their first JGP event

Her Lutz-Loop combo is much better than the Lutz-Toe by the way.

Baron Vladimir

Record Breaker

If everyone skate that good, i dont mind. It was the best junior debut i've ever witnessed.

Watch

Final Flight

I mean yes, this is exactly the reason why the old world records got frozen and we're starting new.

atsumiri

Record Breaker
I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Anna‘s new SP! Her presence is absolutely magical.
Anna was so beautiful. Effortless skating. And so musical.
Anna is a very, very special skater in every regard.

colormyworld240

Medalist
Anna S's SP is definitely Daniil's best program of the season. Everything is so well timed with the music, and her movements are so delicate. It's the perfect vehicle to showcase her musicality. And that dress is gorgeous too. It's going to be so interesting to see how Eteri's juniors stack up against eachother this season, they're all so different. Anna's musicality, Sasha's jumps, and Alena's skating skills.

Fluture

Record Breaker

I agree. 73 is really, really big for a junior SP. We will definitely see a lot of changes. But at the same time she absolutely deserved this score. She was magnificent. So proud of her!! Well done, Anna! Now on to the free with the same effortless skating, please. :luv17: