2018-19 Russian Ladies' figure skating | Page 442 | Golden Skate

2018-19 Russian Ladies' figure skating

Reddi

Rinkside
lol. All TWO of them are in the exact middle of the short side of the rink, perfectly visible. You obviously watched attentively.

Right she had three of them in the rink corner at the teast skates. Now she has two of them... in the very same rink corner. Why do you try to convince me that she does them in " in the exact middle of the short side of the rink, perfectly visible" if you can easily see that it's not true like in every video avaliable?

Katie0906

On the Ice
So, I watched the skate again and I‘m like... that wasn‘t even bad. :laugh: I think we‘ve all just become so used to her not making mistakes that we‘re all going gaga when we see this. She had one step out and a fall. The spin was a result of that fall of the 3Lo because she had to play catch up and had she held the positions in the spin longer she wouldn‘t have finished on the music. I mean, there‘s tons of work to do but for a first outing after such a change that was actually not bad at all.

Were not used to seeing her beaten by a non russian😂😂😂jk

atsumiri

Record Breaker
The problem isn't some mistakes on spins or jumps....
The main problem is a full lack of program, choreography, transitions. They don't try to do anything with her weaknesses. And they don't play with her strengths.
Even her stsq is a total mess.
these spins ... painful to watch.

Fluture

Record Breaker
The main problem is a full lack of program, choreography, transitions. They don't try to do anything with her weaknesses. And they don't play with her strengths.

Erm, she had one week after test skates and Wilson wasn‘t even at TCC from what I‘ve heard. He was travelling. How should they have made changes since then?

madison

Record Breaker

i think she did great for her first competition and the programs look ok for this time of the season.
As I said, i personally like more this new style than what Eteri used to give to her.

atsumiri

Record Breaker
Erm, she had one week after test skates and Wilson wasn‘t even at TCC from what I‘ve heard. He was travelling. How should they have made changes since then?
Did they forget to give her any program from the beginning?
looks like that.

hide her strengths - check
show all her weaknesses - check
no programs - done

but aren't people were hating on Averbuch's programs and pointing that Wilson would do much better? :scratch3:

:shrug:

Would it help if I said I think both suck? I do think Averbukh's programs are pretty painful, whereas I'd describe Wilson's nonsense as utterly generic and boring.

They said she forgot the program, LOL. If this is what he gave her initially (the non-forgotten version) it's still terrible. Let's see how they fix it.

Fluture

Record Breaker
but aren't people were hating on Averbuch's programs and pointing that Wilson would do much better? :scratch3:

I love Averbukh‘s programs. They are my guilty pleasure. Even the dreaded 9/11 program. :biggrin: Whereas Wilson’s actually never were much of my type. They were okay, sometimes good and sometimes wow but nothing too special. So, no, I wasn‘t expecting Wilson to be ”better“, I was expecting him to be different, which is what Zhenya needed and wanted. But different doesn‘t necessarily mean better. So far I enjoy her SP but her FS is the worst she had so far. But she didn‘t have a lot of time to work on it and it‘s a totally new theme, so I‘m giving her and her team time. We just have to wait and see.

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker
No, Averbukh only spoke about the difficult season, it was TAT who claimed that Zhenya has improved greatly.

Personally, I find the first part of Bradie's FS to Prokofiev kinda similar to Kanysheva's free program to Tchaikovsky - the music, mood and even the skaters themselves share some similarities.

Funny, but I had the same feeling. Bradie packed her program with transitions and I thought Wow! Was not Eteri's team behind that. All in all Bradie grows into a strong competitor to Russian ladies.

Fluture

Record Breaker
Did they forget to give her any program from the beginning?
looks like that.

hide her strengths - check
show all her weaknesses - check
no programs - done

Did you forget that she had to get into jumping again after a break of FOUR months? That she changed country? She didn‘t have time to work intensively on her programs because she had to work on her jumps to get them back again. Just all chill out a bit. She needs to peak later in the season anyway.

crazydreamer

On the Ice
I for one think Evgenia's choreography this year is great. The SP in particular I think has great little elements. The problem is that she didn't emote in that performance at all. Since I think she is one of the better emoters in the sport at the moment, I felt that was uncharacteristic and took the view that the program is still new and she was focusing (plus, it's not like this was a big competition). I think once she puts it together it could be wonderful.

I felt pretty much the same with respect to the long program.

Fluture

Record Breaker
I for one think Evgenia's choreography this year is great. The SP in particular I think has great little elements. The problem is that she didn't emote in that performance at all. Since I think she is one of the better emoters in the sport at the moment, I felt that was uncharacteristic and took the view that the program is still new and she was focusing (plus, it's not like this was a big competition). I think once she puts it together it could be wonderful.

I felt pretty much the same with respect to the long program.

I think she was focusing a lot on the technical elements and was probably also nervous and this showed. The interpretation of her SP at test skates was wonderful.

Katie0906

On the Ice
I know evgenia is happy at TCC but you know theres no place like home,if everything didn't work out this season for her or even the next season why waste money training abroad when theres full of talented coaches in russia its hard to be away with friends and family we all know that. Come back home evgenia😍

lavoix

Match Penalty
As Madonna sang, "you only see, what your eyes want to see". I see no declarations of Zhenya's career end at all. For one thing, Leonova's career is still on. But do we want that Zhenya goes that direction? I don't.

After watching Autumn Classic I am sure that programs that she has this season are the wrong vehicle for her. Well, they tried to cross out "Eteri's heritage". One can understand that. But what is the counter offer? Her SP does not suit her at all. She is in Ashley Wagner's territory and she loses to Ashley just miserably. Hef FS fits better. But it is too generic. Bradie was better - it is so hard for me to admit that.

They need serious discussion about the next steps. 204 for Medvedeva is nonsense. And I cannot take excuses seriously. Once again, look at her Olympic performances fresh after the injury.

I've kept saying it, these programs are too westernised for my liking. Evgenia isn't at the level where she needs to do routines that are cute and whimsical to an American 70s classic - that's very Daleman or Mariah Bell. They do her no justice at all, her PCS was really shocking.

Tursinbayeva had a more engaging and sophisticated performance in her SP.

I know evgenia is happy at TCC but you know theres no place like home,if everything didn't work out this season for her or even the next season why waste money training abroad when theres full of talented coaches in russia its hard to be away with friends and family we all know that. Come back home evgenia😍

She's giving herself what she feels is her best shot going into the future. It may or may not work, only time will tell, but at least she can say she gave it her best shot and not be left wondering what if. She can always go home again but she may never have this opportunity again. If nothing else comes of it at least she has gotten a good life experience of getting to experience living abroad, doing something she loves, with people she likes who shares her passions. At the end of the day she is still only an 18 year old young woman, this is something many people her age do to some degree and it is an experience that will teach her just as much outside of the rink as it will inside it, experiences that will guide her through the rest of her life, long after she has finished skating.

gandez25

Spectator
dear lord... so much drama for evgenia's first presentation... there are people saying that she should go back to Russia :palmf: Changes take time, a lot of time. Moreover, despite the technical side, I sometimes think that some people want the same interpretation, the same faces of teenage evgenia. She's a woman now.