2018-2019 GP Assignments | Golden Skate

2018-2019 GP Assignments

skatenewbie

Medalist
i think top 12 skater in Worlds get 2 spot automatically. top 24 SB get 1 and top 24 WS get 1 too so if you are both in top 24 SB & WS i guess that means 2? that's for ladies and men idk about ice dance and pairs tough

nekun

On the Ice
After pulled out of WC, Yuzu is not in the same seed as Shoma, is that mean they both can get NHK next season? JSF can add Tomono too, coz he finished #5 😂😂😂

Eclair

Medalist
Oh my, so Boyang is only guaranteed one GP spot because he is in the top 24 SB list, but not in the top 12 World Championship list. He may get invited to a second GP IF there is still a vacant spot after all skaters who are guaranteed a spot got their GP assignments.

Oh my, so Boyang is only guaranteed one GP spot because he is in the top 24 SB list, but not in the top 12 World Championship list. He may get invited to a second GP IF there is still a vacant spot after all skaters who are guaranteed a spot got their GP assignments.

CoC might give him a host spot.

But I want to know this too. He has a SB in top 24, and his WS is 7th. Is that two, or one?

(Fairly sure Konstantinova has two GPs, so...)

Eclair

Medalist

But I want to know this too. He has a SB in top 24, and his WS is 7th.
Then he has to get an assignment from one of the other GP. Not sure they are going to do that, since they don't have to. If nobody gives him a spot, he gets his 1 spot assignment to CoC either way.

Just like any other athlete, if you are only guaranteed one spot, it's not 100% sure that you'll get invited to a second one.

Then he has to get an assignment from one of the other GP. Not sure they are going to do that, since they don't have to. If nobody gives him a spot, he gets his 1 spot assignment to CoC either way.

Just like any other athlete, if you are only guaranteed one spot, it's not 100% sure that you'll get invited to a second one.

Not 100% sure. Here's a post: https://www.goldenskate.com/forum/s...dies-skating&p=2043968&viewfull=1#post2043968

Current Russian Senior Grand Prix guarantees:

Alina Zagitova: 2 spots
Evgenia Medvedeva: 2 spots
Maria Sotskova: 2 spots
Stanislava Konstantinova: 2 spots
Elena Radionova: 2 spots
Elizaveta Tuktamysheva: 2 spots
Polina Tsurskaya: 1 spot
Daria Panenkova: 1 spot
Anna Pogorilaya: 1 spot

Konstantinova also finished 19th, and Tuktamysheva didn't even attend WCs.

I don't understand the system at all, so open to learning about it.

And then: https://www.goldenskate.com/forum/s...dies-skating&p=2044085&viewfull=1#post2044085

How good it is doesn't matter, 1 spot per top 24 SB, 1 spot per top 24 world standings.

He has both (300 SB, and 7th WS, probably 6th if Javi retires, 5th if Bychenko does, too.)

Also can't see how Yuzuru gets assigned otherwise, unless he now comes under "seeded come-back".

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia

That is correct. However, the reality is if he's in the SB 24, he's going to get two. I don't think I can think of a time when an SB 24 skater didn't get two.

But I want to know this too. He has a SB in top 24, and his WS is 7th. Is that two, or one?

One guaranteed spot. CoC and the host spot is a completely separate matter.

Boyang will have two. I will guarantee this. He will have two. He's not guaranteed two, but he will still get them.

Yuzuru will also get two, for the same reasons.

There are 72 spots for men on the GP. Once the top 12 all have their two (24), that leaves 48 spots to be handed out. Remember, those top 12 men will all be in the top 24 SB list.

So if you give one each to the remaining 12 skaters from the top 24 (12), that still leaves 36 spots to be filled. They'll start doubling people up before they start digging downwards. Boyang will get two.

Boyang will have two. I will guarantee this. He will have two. He's not guaranteed two, but he will still get them.

Yuzuru will also get two, for the same reasons.

There are 72 spots for men on the GP. Once the top 12 all have their two (24), that leaves 48 spots to be handed out. Remember, those top 12 men will all be in the top 24 SB list.

So if you give one each to the remaining 12 skaters from the top 24 (12), that still leaves 36 spots to be filled. They'll start doubling people up before they start digging downwards. Boyang will get two.

Makes sense. I'll also believe you because I want to. ^_^;

Andrea82

Medalist
. Remember, those top 12 men will all be in the top 24 SB list.

Brezina and Majorov aren't in the top 24 SB (27th and 31th).
If Brezina retires along Bychenko and Ge and they follow the same assignment rules as last season, they move 13-14-15 at Worlds in the 2 guaranteed spots category. It means Tanaka, Zhou and Fentz. Tanaka and Zhou are in top 24 SB while Fentz isn't (38th)

There is still plenty of room for 2 Boyang spots anyway.

Remind me something, World Standings used are those updated eliminating 2015/2016 and with 2016/17 factored at 70%, right?

Again, I would expect very few not to be top 12 at Worlds and not top 24 SB but in top 24 World Standing.

Andrea82

Medalist
MEN

top 12 Worlds x 2 spots

Chen
Uno
Kolyada
Bychenko
Tomono
Vasiljevs
Aliev
Messing
Ge
Brezina
Aaron
Majorov

Not top 12 at Worlds but Top 24 Season Best list x 1

Hanyu
Boyang
Fernandez
Zhou
Voronov
Brown
Rippon
Chan
Tanaka
Yan
Samarin
Hendrickx
Samohin
Kvitelashvili

That's 24+14=38

LADIES

2 spots from Worlds

Osmond
Higuchi
Miyhara
Kostner
Zagitova
Tennell
Daleman
Sotskova
Hendrickx
Nagasu
Tursynbaeva
Bell

Not top 12 at Worlds but top 24 Season Best

Medvedeva
Sakamoto
Mihara
Tsurskaya
Radionova
Konstantinova
Choi
Honda
Tuktamysheva
Panenkova
Matsuda
Yamashita
(Trusova, Kostornaia and Tarakanova are still age ineligible)

36 spots filled

PAIRS

top 10 at Worlds x 2

Savchenko/Massot
Tarasova/Morozov
James/Cipres
Zabiiako/Enbert
Della Monica/Guarise
Moore Towers/Marinaro
Yu/Zhang
Astakhova/Rogonov
Peng/Jin
Marchei/Hotarek

Not top 12 at Worlds but top 24 season best x 1

Sui/Han
Duhamel/Radford
Stolbova/Klimov
Seguin/Bilodeau
Kayne/O'Shea
Ryom/Kim
Ilyushekina/Moscovitch
Knierim/Knierim
Boikova/Kozlovskii
Cain/leDuc
Alexandrovskaya/Windsor
Duskova/Bidar
Hocke/Blommaert
Ziegler/Kiefer

20+14=34 out of 48 spots

DANCE

top 10 Worlds

Papadakis/Cizeron
Hubbell/Donohue
Weaver/Poje
Cappellini/Lanotte
Chock/Bates
Gilles/Poirier
Stepanova/Bukin
Zagorski/Guerreiro
Guignard/Fabbri
Hawayek/Baker

Not top 12 at Worlds but top 24 SB

Virtue/Moir
Shibutani/Shibutani
Bobrova/Soloviev
Sinistina/Katslapov
Coomes/Buckland
Kaliszek/Spodyriev
Hurtado/Khaliavin
Soucisse/Firus
Fournier/Sorensen
Muramoto/Reed
Popova/Mozgov
Parsons/Parsons
Agafonova/Ucar
Smart/Diaz

20+14=34 out of 60 spots

Plus those in the updated World Standing top 24 who have not been listed yet

However, there will be retirements. For example, Chan won't take up his guaranteed spot. I think they move up skaters to fill the 2 guaranteed spots from Worlds but they don't do the same for SB and WS top 24 guaranteed spot.

Alchamei

Record Breaker
Brezina and Majorov aren't in the top 24 SB (27th and 31th).
If Brezina retires along Bychenko and Ge and they follow the same assignment rules as last season, they move 13-14-15 at Worlds in the 2 guaranteed spots category. It means Tanaka, Zhou and Fentz. Tanaka and Zhou are in top 24 SB while Fentz isn't (38th)

There is still plenty of room for 2 Boyang spots anyway.

Remind me something, World Standings used are those updated eliminating 2015/2016 and with 2016/17 factored at 70%, right?

Again, I would expect very few not to be top 12 at Worlds and not top 24 SB but in top 24 World Standing.

Březina is not retiring yet until next season at least.

Plus those in the updated World Standing top 24 who have not been listed yet

However, there will be retirements. For example, Chan won't take up his guaranteed spot. I think they move up skaters to fill the 2 guaranteed spots from Worlds but they don't do the same for SB and WS top 24 guaranteed spot.

Woah! Thanks for the entire compilation! This is interesting to see!

So it's 38+whoever lies in the top 24 who hasn't already been counted, for men's?

Also, I think Chan is 31st.

http://www.isuresults.com/ws/wr2017-18/wrmen.htm

pearly

Record Breaker
Thank you Andrea82!

Both Spanish ID teams get one spot each? Can either of them get a second by invitation?

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
MEN

top 12 Worlds x 2 spots

Chen
Uno
Kolyada
Bychenko
Tomono
Vasiljevs
Aliev