2018-2019 GP Assignments | Page 45 | Golden Skate

2018-2019 GP Assignments

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Omg!!!! My interest has now perked up! Too bad I can't go to Skate America this year. I cannot wait for October. It's starting to be the dawn of a new era.

All my focus for anything today is now out the window.

Shayuki

Record Breaker
https://www.stll.fi/2018/06/28/suomeen-gp-osakilpailu-2-4-11-2018/

Ticket sales begin in early August for the GP in Finland. It's a pretty strong event, with Hanyu, Zagitova, Sui/Han etc.

It'll be good for the people who haven't been able to really go to GP events because they've not been close enough - Mostly people around the Nordic European area.

I was expecting Finland to apply for it but I honestly was still quite surprised that they actually got it. I guess no one else was interested. It's the first FS GP ever in Finland.

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
Wow, Daria is against Evgenia and Alina, plus she’ll be lowballed at SC for not being Canadian so I just have to hold out a small hope of GPF

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Nothing for Kovtun, wow. Yeah, I was a little surprised to see Bychenko since he seems like he's been on permanent vacation since the season ended. But good for him.

synteis

Medalist
Ladies

Russia:
Two GP Spots:
- Evgenia Medvedeva
- Elena Radionova
- Polina Tsurskaya
- Elizaveta Tuktamysheva
- Daria Panenkova
- Alina Zagitova
- Maria Sotskova

One GP Spot:
- Sofia Samodurova

Japan:
Two GP Spots:
- Satoko Miyahara
- Kaori Sakamoto
- Yura Matsuda
- Mako Yamashita
- Mai Mihara
- Wakaba Higuchi
- Marin Honda

One GP Spot:
- Rika Hongo
- Yuna Shiraiwa
- Rika Kihara

USA:
Two Spots:
- Bradie Tennell
- Karen Chen
- Mariah Bell

One Spot:
- Star Andrews
- Courtney Hicks
- Angela Wang
- Gracie Gold

Canada:
Two Spots:
- Gabrielle Daleman

One Spot:
- Larkyn Austman
- Alaine Chartrand

Other Countries:
Two Spots:
- Loena Hendrickx
- Laurine Lecavalier
- Nicole Rajicova
- Elizavet Tursynbaeva
- Nicole Schott
- Dabin Choi
- Carolina Kostner

One Spot:
- Xiangning Li
- Eunsoo Lim
- Alexia Paganini
- Matilde Algotsson
- Mae-Berenice Meite

Last edited:

Shayuki

Record Breaker
I'm not sure which surprises me more, Canada inviting Medvedeva to SCI or Russia inviting Hanyu to CoR. Evidently they aren't quite as big on self-promotion as most, myself included, assume.

Mm? Medvedeva to SC was the obvious choice, we called this a long time ago. It is the most logical choice with Medvedeva training in Canada and Osmond skipping GPs.

sun110

Final Flight
Finland GP has really good skaters. Yuzu, Boyang, Misha for men. CaroK, Alina and Kaori for ladies. Sui/Han (!!) for pairs (ugh back-to-back GPs again - they winning though but hopefully no injuries :pray:)

Just strikes me that will the list stay the same if COC will be held as planned? I'd be super disappointed now if I'm in China and planned to go.

mau

3Lz3Lo3Lo3Lo3Lo
On the Ice
If Korea had accepted the Grand Prix, Junhwan, Junhyoung and Eunsoo would get 2 spots. Why Korea, whyyyy? :dbana:

BillNeal

You Know I'm a FS Fan...
Record Breaker
Nice to also see that Wang/Liu get two GP spots, even without China's host pick.