2018-2019 GP Assignments | Page 89 | Golden Skate

2018-2019 GP Assignments

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
I think they need to start cracking down the w/d rules. This is starting to get silly.

There needs to be a cut off to w/d from your first event and early enough that the spot can be filled. I am starting to think that if you w/d too late you should have to w/d from both... at least give the second spot time to get filled.

I understand things happen... but a few too many people have been w/d too late for spots to be filled and that is starting to bug me. If you are not up to it, that's fine, but we have to start pushing skaters to be a bit more fair about it.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
I could see Petrov getting the spot in Finland since SPB is so close...I don't really care if he goes or not, but he performed fairly well at the Russian Cup so they might give it to him.

Gabby probably should have withdrawn earlier but you cannot expect most skaters to know if they are going to be well enough ahead of time. If you're injured you may be hoping to be recovered in time, or you get injured at the last moment and have to make a tough decision. I doubt these skaters are just hemming and hawing about whether they should go - obviously, they would want to compete if at all possible. What do you expect them to do if it's after some arbitrary cutoff date? Show up and withdraw at the last moment, wasting everyone's time and money?

Koatterce

On the Ice
Country
Canada
NHK will probably replace Daleman, they have the right not to but they should be able to find someone. Finland on the other hand, likely doesn't have time to.

Sub list for NHK (Daleman's spot) - no USA, Japan, or Russia as spots are maxed

46 Hanul Kim (FIN)
58 So Hyun An
59 Kailani Craine
62 Matilda Algotsson (IDF)
63 Viveca Lindfors (FIN)
64 Lea Johanna Dastich (originally slated for JGP but WD)
70 Brooklee Han
72 Emmi Peltonen (FIN)
72 Soyoun Park
76 Anna Khnychenkova (is she still competing?)
78 Yujin Choi

DenissVFan

Medalist
Hanul is based in Korea, so she doesn't have far. It may work to her advantage aside from her SB placement.

bennorii

On the Ice
LOL Either this is a coincidence, or JSF must really like Leonova. She's been on the NHK entry list at one point in time every season since 2013-14, and I'm not even including the two appearances before that. She's will have been on the NHK Trophy entry list 8 times.

Noxchild

Medalist
Country
Canada
Count me in for giving Hanul a second spot. It's ridiculous she had to be substituted in for a withdrawal in the first place - homegirl was 13th at the Olympics!! :scowl: Korean skaters truly need more love...

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
Do we need an official alternate for the GP at this point? If they spent the time to organize one they could fill these bloody last minute wds more easily.

moriel

Record Breaker
I think they need to start cracking down the w/d rules. This is starting to get silly.

There needs to be a cut off to w/d from your first event and early enough that the spot can be filled. I am starting to think that if you w/d too late you should have to w/d from both... at least give the second spot time to get filled.

I understand things happen... but a few too many people have been w/d too late for spots to be filled and that is starting to bug me. If you are not up to it, that's fine, but we have to start pushing skaters to be a bit more fair about it.

Nah, an easier way would be to have a set list of subs early in the season.
So there is a lineup, and for example you know that if someone WDs, you will be called.

moriel

Record Breaker
I could see Petrov getting the spot in Finland since SPB is so close...I don't really care if he goes or not, but he performed fairly well at the Russian Cup so they might give it to him.

Gabby probably should have withdrawn earlier but you cannot expect most skaters to know if they are going to be well enough ahead of time. If you're injured you may be hoping to be recovered in time, or you get injured at the last moment and have to make a tough decision. I doubt these skaters are just hemming and hawing about whether they should go - obviously, they would want to compete if at all possible. What do you expect them to do if it's after some arbitrary cutoff date? Show up and withdraw at the last moment, wasting everyone's time and money?

Also, this could depend on fed. While it makes so sense for a skater to WD late, it makes all sense for a fed to keep a skater from withdrawing early. For example if they know the GP host will not invite another skater from their country.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Kailani just posted a picture of herself with the Japanese flag in the background on her insta stories and ISA just tweeted that she would be at NHK. Looks like she got Daleman's spot. Finally a GP for Kailani!

Mohacz

Medalist
Country
Poland
Kailani just posted a picture of herself with the Japanese flag in the background on her insta stories and ISA just tweeted that she would be at NHK. Looks like she got Daleman's spot. Finally a GP for Kailani!

Kailani Craine just added the the NHK Trophy:

http://www.isuresults.com/events/cat03108896.htm

Your prayers and GS campaign for inviting Kailani to GP event(s) have given their long-wait fruit :) Congratulations!!!

GF2445

Record Breaker
The Deed is done, and Kailani gets her GP.
Im sorry if myself and my fellow Aussie GSers got to the point of annoyance.

I am sure that more withdrawals are coming our way in the women's event, so stay tuned.