2018-2019 GP Assignments

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
In that case, the Finalists will be:

1. Hubbell/Donohue (already qualified)
2. Guignard/Fabbri (already qualified)
3. Stepanova/Bukin (gold plus either gold/silver in Russia)
4. NHK gold medalist (either Zahorski/Guerreiro or Hawayek/Baker)
5. Sinitsina/Katsalapov (silver plus silver/bronze in France)
6. Either Gilles/Poirier (bronze plus silver in France) or whichever of Zahorski/Guerreiro and Hawayek/Baker doesn’t win NHK (bronze plus silver, in the former case; silver plus at least fourth, in the latter).

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Papadakis / Cizeron are planning to compete at IDF and doubtless they will win gold there. IMO it is not a foregone conclusion that Gilles / Poirier are a shoo-in for silver. Yes, G/P had a close FD score to Sinitsina / Katsalapov at SC but that was on home ice, and you can't compare their RD scores from separate previous competitions. It could be argued that S/K not only have the momentum, but also at IDF, they have the advantage of competing on European ice.

DSQ

Record Breaker
Country
United-Kingdom
It’s so rude to withdraw at the last minute like this, not just them, all those who have done it this season. 3 ladies alone have missed in spots because of it.

I’d agree normally but in this case is was an unexpected injury. They probably didn’t know it was serious enough to warrent pulling out until now.

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
IMO it is not a foregone conclusion that Gilles / Poirier are a shoo-in for silver.
Nobody was saying they were.

Though funnily enough, IdF is the Grand Prix event where they have the best track record (two silvers and a bronze).

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The only time G/P made the GPF was in 2014 when they won silver in France---but they also had won silver in their first event, SC.
They won bronze in their first event in 2015 and finished up with silver in France, so no final.
They won a pair of bronzes at SC and TDF in 2016---no final.
Last season, they were 4th at the season opener CoR and 4th at the season closer SA---no final.
This season, they opened with a bronze at SC and will finish the season at IDF with ???

DanseMacabre

Final Flight
Country
Iceland
It’s so rude to withdraw at the last minute like this, not just them, all those who have done it this season. 3 ladies alone have missed in spots because of it.

How was he supposed to know he would hurt himself in practice two days before the event starts? He's an ice dancer, not a wizard.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia

Oh come on, Cizeron literally just hurt himself in practice. Are you going to call Mallet rude too because she hurt her foot in official practice and withdrew?

So far, the only one that's made me side-eye was that Daleman did not withdraw straight away from both events, despite it being patently obvious she would not be making the second one.

Ziotic

Medalist
Oh come on, Cizeron literally just hurt himself in practice. Are you going to call Mallet rude too because she hurt her foot in official practice and withdrew?

So far, the only one that's made me side-eye was that Daleman did not withdraw straight away from both events, despite it being patently obvious she would not be making the second one.

I agreed that mallet and cizeron had legitimate issues, but way to single out Daleman.

Radionova, Schott, Erkhov all new early enough

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I agreed that mallet and cizeron had legitimate issues, but way to single out Daleman.

Radionova, Schott, Erkhov all new early enough

First one I could think of off the top of my head. And yes, now that you mention it, I do remember wondering about Radionova particularly.

Koatterce

On the Ice
Country
Canada

although Daleman didn't withdraw straight away, she still withdrew early enough that both her spots got filled so really it doesn't matter

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique

because you, unlike Daleman herself, know exactly when mental health will be back? Give Gabby a break...

Moxiejan

Medalist
Country
United-States
Wakaba �� But I hope she properly recovers for nationals.
Maybe Yuna could get that spot.

The next open spot should go to Courtney Hicks, who is now at the top of the sub list and has been passed over multiple times.