Page 96 of 96 FirstFirst ... 46 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96
Results 1,901 to 1,905 of 1905

Thread: 2018-19 Japanese Ladies' figure skating

2 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by leoleo View Post
    Have you guys watched Satoko's new interview yet? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Ino...ature=youtu.be I had no idea her english was this good
    What an amazing interview! Her English skills are amazing

0 Not allowed!
    I hope the japanese girls continue to deliver at Rostelecom this week. They've been so consistent so far (with the exception of Wakaba for obvious reasons and Marin). I am very proud. I hope Yuna and Mako can have 2 clean programs again

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by christinaskater View Post
    What an amazing interview! Her English skills are amazing
    She went to school in the US for a few years when she was younger.

0 Not allowed!
    Satoko loses weight quickly , that’s why she needs to increase protein intake to build muscle. If she has better weight and muscles in her legs, her jumps will get more explosive and higher. I hope they keep doing this process.

Satoko height is now 5 feet and 1 inch

She looks taller

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by vitamintea View Post
    I've been curious for a while about whether there was a Japanese coaching "hierarchy" or different "tiers" like fans of the Russian ladies commonly discuss. For example, a lot of people speculated that Stanislava Konstantinova got more opportunities than someone else might have, possibly because her coach has the only promising male Russian skater in Kolyada.

Are there any parallels like that with the Japanese ladies?

After all, Mie Hamada is clearly the powerhouse in terms of coaching and her ladies seem to have developed fantastic skating skills—Satoko, Marin (when she was still there), now Rika and Yuna. And she's coaching Shoma who is definitely the #2 man and will be a contender for a while. Kaori and Mai have the same coach and for a while it seemed like Mai was going to dominate—with the 4CC victory and 5th place worlds debut, but now it seems Kaori is pushing ahead. Is there a rush from Japanese girls to join these coaches?
    I think it's more a matter of regions. Western regions (as Kansai and Chubu) are the most productive. Main top sksters come from Nagoya, Osaka, Kyoto (and from what i see maybe they get more favors). The only top skater from East is Wakaba who is from Tokyo. There is also the oly champ of course, but he trains in Canada since six years. There are promising juniors though.

Page 96 of 96 FirstFirst ... 46 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96