2018-19 Japanese Ladies' figure skating | Page 129 | Golden Skate

2018-19 Japanese Ladies' figure skating

Noxchild

Medalist
Country
Canada
36 ladies are on the official entry list for Universiade.
And Universiade is a multi-sport competition. In terms of housing and other logistics for all athletes (plus coaches, etc.) from all sports, perhaps a limit on numbers is necessary?

Ya, my bad - I thought Wikipedia had the full list of competitors. Universiade is more packed than I thought...

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
From what I understand of the Universiade (and regrettably that's at the wiki level, as in our country not much is known about it despite some short trackers taking part), there's a limit on ladies - maximum two per country - which does not apply to the other disciplines where there's a limit of three per country. Perhaps because otherwise ladies would be filled to bursting?

ice coverage

Record Breaker
From what I understand of the Universiade (and regrettably that's at the wiki level, as in our country not much is known about it despite some short trackers taking part), there's a limit on ladies - maximum two per country - which does not apply to the other disciplines where there's a limit of three per country. Perhaps because otherwise ladies would be filled to bursting?

Yes, the number of Ladies at Universiade is maxed out at 36.

In an old post in the Russian Ladies thread, I copied and pasted an excerpt from the Announcement for 2019 Universiade that discusses the procedure for limiting spots when demand exceeds supply.

(I rarely look at Wikipedia, so I don't know what kind of explanation/information is there.)

lzxnl

Final Flight
Is that a loop or do you mean doing two 1/2 loops in a row? Or...

I think they mean a double loop landing on a left inside edge. Speaking of which, Artur Dimitriev has landed 3Lz+3F, so a triple landing on the left inside edge has been done before.

Interspectator

Record Breaker
Mai-chan ends the season on a high note with her win at the Winter Universiade. Again, she shows herself to be so reliable and steady, not to mention the beautiful, beautiful skating. :luv17:

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
Good free skate from Yuna and Yuhana but Japan lost his third spot for JWC.
The strategy of JSF for juniors (men and ladies) was top notch this season. Really Excellent.

sk8ath

On the Ice
Japan gets only two spots for next JW though max JGP spots are secured
JSF should do something on cultivating skakers
(but a I believe JSF will just do nothing)

sk8ath

On the Ice
Good free skate from Yuna and Yuhana but Japan lost his third spot for JWC.
The strategy of JSF for juniors (men and ladies) was top notch this season. Really Excellent.
And I think the junior champions should NOT get JW spots automatically.

sk8ath

On the Ice
And fed shouldn't treat some skaters so harshly.
You know they prefer some teams and skaters while most skaters don‘t have enough time on ice.
JSF should allocate the resources better and try to get more rinks

And I would like to know who will be the leading junior skaters

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
IIRC the last time that there was no Japanese on JWC podium was in 2014. The 4th was also a Japanese senior who went back to juniors....and got scored like a junior.

Shanshani

On the Ice
IIRC the last time that there was no Japanese on JWC podium was in 2014. The 4th was also a Japanese senior who went back to juniors....and got scored like a junior.

It sucks that Yuna got scored so harshly, but it clearly wasn't a mistake to send her given that she placed highest among the Japanese ladies tonight. She performed excellently and deserved higher scores.