2018-19 Japanese Ladies' figure skating | Page 138 | Golden Skate

2018-19 Japanese Ladies' figure skating

cohkaix

FS data keeper
Medalist
Do someone have news of Hana Yoshida? She will turn junior next season. She was delivering free skates with 3A and 3-3s at the beginning of the season but got injured in November or December i think. I wonder if she has recovered and maybe did some local competitions lately.

Yoshida's injury was mainly due to intensive competitions during early season (i.e summer competitions) last year, IIRC. Yes she's been back on ice and then getting a spot to JGP will depend on her performance during the JSF summer camp.

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
I think that Akari Mastubara competed in seniors at some local competitions. I guess she's definitely senior.

Akari seems a popular name. There is Akari Matsuoka, Akari Matsubara, and i spotted another Akari (Akari Nakahara). She's American.

I won't be surprised if someone among Tomoe Kawabata, Nana Araki, Riko Takino and Rino Kasakake move up to senior next season, at least in national competitions. They are all 17. Even if it seems like JSF likes to promote "veterans" it won't be necessarily easy for all of them to get JGP spots.

Dreamer57

Record Breaker
I hope Mai has great choreo and music next season!

I won't be surprised if someone among Tomoe Kawabata, Nana Araki, Riko Takino and Rino Kasakake move up to senior next season, at least in national competitions. They are all 17. Even if it seems like JSF likes to promote "veterans" it won't be necessarily easy for all of them to get JGP spots.

I agree with Nana Araki. I didn't realise that they were all 17. Is there some kind of internal competition to determine who gets the JGP spots?

cohkaix

FS data keeper
Medalist
I agree with Nana Araki. I didn't realise that they were all 17. Is there some kind of internal competition to determine who gets the JGP spots?

There will be a closed-door competition held by JSF sometimes before submitting JGP entries. I think it's usually sometimes by the end of June. There will be no media covering the news and no result published. So we will wait until the announcement of entries to fist JGP competition to get to know partially who had been elected. And following the JSF summer intensive training/camp (for senior skaters competing in GP), there will be another camp for JGP competitors. Probably by that time we will know a more complete list of skaters getting JGP spots.