2018-19 Japanese Ladies' figure skating | Page 140 | Golden Skate

2018-19 Japanese Ladies' figure skating

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
A warhorse but not that bad. Spanish music suits her.
Can be something else too. Gypsy dance was not overused when she skated on it i think. I saw only Cha use and that was in the middle of the season after changing his SP.
But if she has to skate on something often used i would like Asturias.

it looks like a flamenco move, could be also another entirely different flamenco :biggrin: anyway i like malaguena

LRK

Record Breaker
it looks like a flamenco move, could be also another entirely different flamenco :biggrin: anyway i like malaguena

Wakaba has the fire to pull off a really great Malaguena, I think - or whatever flamenco it may be, if not that. Really looking forward to this.:)

ctake

Spectator
I'm very interested to see what Satoko will do for next season. I love what she's done in the past with Lori, but part of me wants her to work with Stephane Lambiel on a fun, fiery, and sassy SP (not just exhibitions) that would silence any criticism about her not projecting or skating with enough passion. And then I hope we get a vintage Satoko Miyahara FS from Tom Dickson that is sophisticated, complex, and makes us weep buckets. I'd like her to do something that is new and different, but at the same time encourages her to skate with confidence, especially if she aims to eventually compete with a 3A and against the girls with higher tech content. And she needs to make the judges look like idiots for even thinking about robbing her on PCS.

vitamintea

On the Ice

I'm actually kind of disappointed! I feel like La La Land is so overused already and will be even more so given Ice Dance's RD will be showtunes. Not to mention, none of the songs have a much of a memorable effect. They're all "nice," but none are explosive and dramatic. The medley type programs with so many music cuts and changing of tempos are rarely executed well. I liked her programs this season a lot, and this feels like a downgrade.

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
Marin likes Joyful music. It's what suits her. I hope La la land is for the SP though. I wouldn't be against her recycling her FS.

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
Wakaba has the fire to pull off a really great Malaguena, I think - or whatever flamenco it may be, if not that. Really looking forward to this.:)

She did a spanish EX at prince ice world. I only saw snippets but that looked sharp.

cohkaix

FS data keeper
Medalist
JSF - 2019 strengthened athletes (FS) announcement:

Special Athletes
Men: Shoma Uno, Daisuke Takahashi, Yuzuru Hanyu, Keiji Tanaka
Ladies: Kaori Sakamoto, Rika Kihira, Satoko Miyahara, Mai Mihara, Wakaba Higuchi

Strengthened A:
Men: Kazuki TOMONO, Koshiro SHIMADA, Yuma KAGIYAMA, Tatsuya TSUBOI, Yuto KISHINA, Shun SATO
Ladies: Mako YAMASITA, Yuhana YOKOI, Ayaka HOSODA, Nana ARAKI, Tomoe Kawabata, Yuna SHIRAIWA

Strengthened B:
Men:Sota YAMAMOTO, Taichiro YAMAKUMA, SHU NAKAMURA, Sena MIYAKE , Mitsuki SUMOTO, KAO MIURA
Ladies: Akari MATSUBARA, RINKA WATANABE, Yuna Aoki, Wakana NAGANAWA , Moa IWANO, (松生理乃 - Matsuike Rino?)

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
Wow, Ayaka Hosoda will probably get an international assignment now, won’t she? Terrific!
And Daisuke.... interesting times!

cohkaix

FS data keeper
Medalist
Wow, Ayaka Hosoda will probably get an international assignment now, won’t she? Terrific!
And Daisuke.... interesting times!

There's addition news (in Japanese) and JSF's Ms. Kobayashi mentioned that: 1. there will be selection meeting/competition? (most likely closed-door one) for international assignments; and 2. re. Takahashi's case, there will be further discussion among the competitor/coach/trainer later on (concerning if competing internationally?) At least Daisuke won't be required to compete locally for regional and sectional in the upcoming season, but he may still compete there voluntarily.

skatenewbie

Medalist
JSF - 2019 strengthened athletes (FS) announcement:
Marin is not on the list, there is high chance she'll only get 1 GP. Im more inclined with Yuhana/Yuna will get host spot/helping from JSF to get 2 GP assignment. Happy to see Nana there. She will stay in junior i guess? Heck she haven't been to JWC! I hope she can shine this season with Tomoe, our junior ladies is not in so good place

cohkaix

FS data keeper
Medalist
Yuna Aoki was in Champéry to get choreography from Stephane Lambiel https://www.instagram.com/p/BwuYOyenPLA/

In one of the photos, is that Yuna, Koshiro, and...Tomoe? Yuna and Tomoe train together under the same coach. It's good that finally they are getting choreography overseas (I think Yuna has worked with Lambiel before for one of her previous programs. So she should be okay with that.)

Adding: from Yuna's IG story, yes, the other girl is Tomoe, and I saw that their coach Nakako Tsuzuki was also in the group photo.

sakurano

Final Flight
it's good news so far, the list of skaters funded is consistent with what happened this season, it's just sad that Marin Honda is not there, she had a great future but she is young.

Happy with the arrival of Ayaka we will be able to see her 3A more.

Stéphane Lambiel does a good job as a choreographer so I'm happy for them, that's how she can stand out from the others.

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh:yahoo: Shae or Wakaba must read in my thoughts!!!
Yesterday i was listening this Sia's song and i wanted to say in the dream program thread that "bird set free" would be a cool choice for Wakaba. This song is totally her. But i wasn't sure that it suits figure skating. If Shae did a choreo on that it means that it is.
Wakaba's next season programs https://mobile.twitter.com/wakahfans/status/1122084278018273280

Marin keeps her SP https://mobile.twitter.com/figureskatingm1/status/1122091506460794880

Lunalovesskating

Moonbear power 🐻
Record Breaker
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh:yahoo: Shae or Wakaba must read in my thoughts!!!
Yesterday i was listening this Sia's song and i wanted to say in the dream program thread that "bird set free" would be a cool choice for Wakaba. This song is totally her. But i wasn't sure that it suits figure skating. If Shae did a choreo on that it means that it is.
Wakaba's next season programs https://mobile.twitter.com/wakahfans/status/1122084278018273280

Marin keeps her SP.
I also love her EX song. :) perfect song for her

I loved Marin's SP! So I am glad she is keeping it.

sakurano

Final Flight

Marin keeps her SP https://mobile.twitter.com/figureskatingm1/status/1122091506460794880

I am still a little disappointed SIA is overused, POETA also when his EX I listen to it and I think it is not assé powerful for her.

But if it is, I will love seeing the choreography.

LALALAND goes well with Marin because she is a little like a character of musical comedy, I am glad that she keeps her SP because that the change of her innocent image, I hope that said to review a program like Beetlejuice