2018-19 Japanese Ladies' figure skating | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2018-19 Japanese Ladies' figure skating

sakurano

Final Flight
I remember CBC commentators saying that Wakaba was landing 3A in practice but not consistent enough, I think during COC broadcast

Yes she said she landed him once or twice a month but he was not stable enough.

mermaidfestavol3

On the Ice
Going off guaranteed spots:

2x Wakaba
2x Satoko
1x Mai
1x Marin
1x Kaori
1x Rika H
1x Yura
1x Mako

This totals to 10 spots. Japanese ladies have hovered around 14-16 spots out of a max 18 for the past few seasons, so the order of spot priority IMO would be this:

11. (Very Likely) +1 Kaori
12. (Very Likely) +1 Mai
13. (Very Likely) +1 Marin
14. (Very Likely) +1 Mako/Rika K
15. (Neutral) +1 Mako/Rika K
16. (Neutral) +1 Rika H/Rika K
17. (Unlikely) +1 Yura/Yuna/Rika K
18. (Very Unlikely) +1 Yura/Yuna/Rika K

I am not sure how JSF will treat Rika K. Rika K is excellent at national events but hasn't medalled internationally at a major event like Mako. Rika H could be sacrificed because she doesn't have a huge shot at GP Final and has been struggling with URs lately. Yura is the lowest of the potential GP group based on nationals (9 points behind Mako, 10+ behind Shiraiwa) and her non-guaranteed spot could be sacrificed for Yuna.

sakurano

Final Flight
Exactly. For those who already have a weak technique before puberty i think. Girls who have a pretty solid technique before puberty has more chances to keep their jumps. Unless that puberty being really savage.

I do not know if what I am going to say is right but it is also a little because of the coach who does not learn the good technique when he begins to skate I will conclude this, thank you again for answering my questions .

Riko Takino is also a talent that emerges I did not know that she had Nobunari Odaa as a coach, I suppose she will stay junior as she was not in the Grand Prix final and that in the seniors there is almost more of places.

steiner

Rinkside
Will satoko still dominate in Japan and win a 5th title?

She's definitely the favorite, but I think Wakaba and Kaori will make it close.

Who will fight for the 3 spots?

It will be a bloodfest betwee Satoko, Wakaba, Kaori, Mai, Rika Kihira if she goes senior, and Marin if she can bounce back.

Who will move up to seniors, and slay?

Rika.

Who can fight for a medal against Eteristan in juniors?

No one, really. Rika if she stays in junior, perhaps.

Can anyone challenge Eteristan in seniors?

Satoko, Wakaba, and Kaori. Especially Wakaba if she does get the 3a.

How many girls will attempt 3A and land it successfully?

Rika for sure, Wakaba also has a good shot at it. The rest? idk

Will Rika Kihira attempt a quad?

Really hope not.

Can JSF have a better politicking?

Doubtful, but maybe with Worlds being in Japan they'll step up their game.

sakurano

Final Flight

alvina9894

Final Flight
Going off guaranteed spots:

2x Wakaba
2x Satoko
1x Mai
1x Marin
1x Kaori
1x Rika H
1x Yura
1x Mako

This totals to 10 spots. Japanese ladies have hovered around 14-16 spots out of a max 18 for the past few seasons, so the order of spot priority IMO would be this:

11. (Very Likely) +1 Kaori
12. (Very Likely) +1 Mai
13. (Very Likely) +1 Marin
14. (Very Likely) +1 Mako/Rika K
15. (Neutral) +1 Mako/Rika K
16. (Neutral) +1 Rika H/Rika K
17. (Unlikely) +1 Yura/Yuna/Rika K
18. (Very Unlikely) +1 Yura/Yuna/Rika K

I am not sure how JSF will treat Rika K. Rika K is excellent at national events but hasn't medalled internationally at a major event like Mako. Rika H could be sacrificed because she doesn't have a huge shot at GP Final and has been struggling with URs lately. Yura is the lowest of the potential GP group based on nationals (9 points behind Mako, 10+ behind Shiraiwa) and her non-guaranteed spot could be sacrificed for Yuna.

I thought Mako is guaranteed 2? She's WJC medalist and she's on SB top 24.

yume

🍉
Record Breaker

Yatagarasu

Record Breaker
I'm just saying that I don't think it's impossible for Satoko to land one.

Satoko barely lands her poor 2A. What on earth....

It's no big deal. Most ladies cannot land a 3A. Heck, we have one single viable 3A in the entire senior ladies field right now and chances are, Mirai's about to retire so unless Wakaba produces her 3A or Kihira moves up, we're going to be at two max. But with the height/size/speed of Satoko's rotation that is already at max and her dodgy prerotation, it isn't possible. It's hardly the end of the world but let's be realistic?!

alvina9894

Final Flight
Chill guys, Satoko is just giving the reporters something to write about. I am sure she know her priorities and limitations :dance2:

I hope we will see Wakaba landing her 3A in competition soon! :hap57:

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
I thought Mako is guaranteed 2? She's WJC medalist and she's on SB top 24.

Me too. Marin and Kaori got 2 spots.
Rika K. staying junior for JGP season can resolve the equation in one unknown. I mean she still can take part to 4CC and worlds if she's really good at nationals, as she will be senior eligible.
Would be a little sad to move up to seniors without a big medal (Though Satoko didn't get one either, and it didn't hurt her).

alvina9894

Final Flight
Rika K. staying junior for JGP season can resolve the equation in one unknown. I mean she still can take part to 4CC and worlds if she's really good at nationals, as she will be senior eligible.
Would be a little sad to move up to seniors without a big medal (Though Satoko didn't get one either, and it didn't hurt her).

I think it's better for her to move up soon. The junior field will be deep next season, and Rika K moving up would give her a year's advantage to develop her PCS and gain experience in major competitions. She has the artistry and tech, she just need to keep herself together when needed. She needs to learn how to deal with pressure, like Wakaba did, and she has to learn it fast and hopefully not in a hard way.

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
I know she was there but I didn't understand it as a permanent change of coach. If yes, that'll be interesting.

Will be surprising if it's a permanent change. If it's the case i hope that is for the full quad and not just two years like Mao. And, why Raf and not Orser? (Not that Raf is not good, just maybe it could have been more easy to adapt with Yuzu there)

Yatagarasu

Record Breaker
Will be surprising if it's a permanent change. If it's the case i hope that is for the full quad and not just two years like Mao. And, why Raf and not Orser?

The rumors for Orser are that Wakaba may be heading in that direction. Max Ambesi mentioned them during the WC SP for her and that this chatter is increasing. He's got major sources so if he said it, then the possibility truly must be there and there's some talk.

yoloaxel

Record Breaker
The rumors for Orser are that Wakaba may be heading in that direction. Max Ambesi mentioned them during the WC SP for her and that this chatter is increasing. He's got major sources so if he said it, then the possibility truly must be there and there's some talk.

Really? How cool if it's true!

blackey

On the Ice
Mao was only there for two years because her mother was sick and the misunderstanding between Mao and Raf was never cleared.
The rumor says Taichi is also going to Raf, so I think it’s serious.

yume

🍉
Record Breaker

Please yes! would be great!