2018-19 Japanese Ladies' figure skating | Page 23 | Golden Skate

2018-19 Japanese Ladies' figure skating

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
I agree that nerves of steel is partly God given, and not fully due to hard work.

mikeko666

Final Flight
Outside Satoko Mie Hamada has not really consistent skaters. It's weird.

Satoko can be consistent because she doesn't have to fully rotate her jumps. If a lady skater tries to *really* fully rotate triples, she needs a lot of speed on take-off. The more you have speed, the more risk things can go wrong. Satoko has less speed into jump compared to other top ladies (like novice girls), and can still manages to look like rotating triples thanks to her small light body, maximized pre-rotation and technique to hide URs using her toe.

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
I would rather say that her small jumps make her less prone to pops and falls, since it's easier to control them. So she doesn't make those mistakes too often. More your jumps are high and powerful, more you can fall.

mikeko666

Final Flight
I would rather say that her small jumps make her less prone to pops and falls, since it's easier to control them. So she doesn't make those mistakes too often. More your jumps are high and powerful, more you can fall.

She can keep her jumps small because her body is very light and small, prerotates as much as 270 degrees and is allowed to underrotate. If she tries to really fully rotate, she needs to make her jumps bigger, which she never wants to because she would lose her trade-mark consistency. Her jumps are more like hopping.

readernick

Medalist
:slink: Here we go again...(sigh)

Yes, it really is a topic that has been discussed to death. We all know Satoko’s jumps are tiny. As does anyone who has ever watched her perform, the judges, her coach, and Satoko herself. We still love her despite a clear understanding of her weaknesses.

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
Usually, when do we know who move up to seniors? We are already in May.

charlotte14

Medalist
I was just explaining why ONLY Satoko could be so consistent. Unlike her, the other girls try to and HAVE TO fully rotate.
Agree with you on this. I like watching some of Satoko's programs. But I would also give credit of her consistency on the pre-rotation.

sakurano

Final Flight
Road to peyongchang and after documentary broadcast in April https://youtu.be/i7KJG3ZztPQ

thank you Yume for the video I could not see it because I did not have the code, even if there is nothing new on the pictures it's always good to see the broadcast, they work so hard to reach their dream so seeing them disappointed and sad makes me want to further encorager them.

I found this on twitter is this a training camp to strengthen their endurance?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opQqC8DiCqs&feature=youtu.be

edit: I just remembered that I had read on twitter that on May 13 there will be a program on the study of movements / speed / rotation effects on the body of a skater.

judging by this video this corresponds

yude

Record Breaker
This is an article of Wakaba written by Akiko Tamura published on May 28. Her SP is going to be choreographed by Shae-Lynn Bourne and FP will be done by Yuka Sato. She trained in TCC for a week in May and one of the reasons was to practice 3A with Ghislain Briand. Now her biggest task is to raise the accuracy on her jumps, she wants to do the jumps with the same timing and feeling in each competition. She had taken the video of her jumps so that she could get good image from watching well executed jumps. In the next four years, she will aim for winning in the nationals, competing GPF every year, and peaking at each competition. She also wants to have many transitions in the programs to compete with other top skaters.

http://number.bunshun.jp/articles/-/830893