2018-19 Japanese Ladies' figure skating | Page 26 | Golden Skate

2018-19 Japanese Ladies' figure skating

cohkaix

FS data keeper
Medalist
Ibis FS club, a figure skating club in Niigata held an event yesterday, and some special guests (mostly from Aichi) were invited to perform during the event. These guests included: Miyabi Oba, Ryuju Hino, and Sui Takeuchi. It was reported from twitter that Sui skated to her new FS program 'Romeo and Juliet' with the following layout:

3A(2ft) 4S<< 2Lz 3F+2T 3Lo+2T+2Lo 1Lz 3S+3T

Here's a photo from Miyabi's IG (the girl on the left is Sui, other than Haruka): https://www.instagram.com/p/Bj1KYe8D1_2/

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
So Sui Takeuchi want to add a quad too in jer FS? interrsting. But she needs to land cleans 3As first.

sakurano

Final Flight
Too bad that its 3A is often wobbly but it's great that it can tried in local competition. It must be used to it, for his 4S it is ambitious because it's not an easy jump, I often forget her in the race for the Japanese spots because she has a classic style but I wish her good luck, she is still in the juniors?

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
Two Steps From Hell's song, so an epic music is an interesting choice. Not a warhorse. Good.

Kara

Final Flight
I LOVE THIS KIND OF MUSIC SO I AM HYPED! Hopefully the iconic Victory song is included in somewhere.:)

rikaquegira

On the Ice
Oh, I can’t wait!!!!
And I thought her SP would be from Dickson too?? I hope DW is inspired, his choreography can be a bit generic sometimes, Rika deserves better. After her last SP, which was so original and beautifully choreographed (in the beginning of the season it was perfection), I’m expecting something just as remarkable.

lanceupper1114

On the Ice
Rika Kihira possible layout in FS https://mobile.twitter.com/figureskatingm1/status/1007547349982277632?p=v
Girl, if you land that....

she would be repeating too many jumps with that layout.

best layout without the quad would be

3A3T, 3A, 3Lo, 3S, 3Lz2T2Lo, 2A3T, 3F, so that she can take advantage of backload bonus

or

4T, 3A3T, 3Lo, 3S, 3Lz2T2Lo, 3lz3T, 3F, unless she wants to go for broke with a quad and two 3A's

somewhat surprised that she's going for 4T instead of 4S, since popping the 4T to 3T would mess up the entire layout since she would have to avoid three 3T's

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
she would be repeating too many jumps with that layout.

best layout without the quad would be

3A3T, 3A, 3Lo, 3S, 3Lz2T2Lo, 2A3T, 3F, so that she can take advantage of backload bonus

or

4T, 3A3T, 3Lo, 3S, 3Lz2T2Lo, 3lz3T, 3F, unless she wants to go for broke with a quad and two 3A's

somewhat surprised that she's going for 4T instead of 4S, since popping the 4T to 3T would mess up the entire layout since she would have to avoid three 3T's

Yes a pop could create an absolute mess. A solution would be to have a -3lo combo. Then something like that can work: 3T / 3A-2T-2lo / 3A / 3S // 3lz-3lo / 2A-3T / 3F

3lz-3lo + 3F-3lo would be better but it's surely too much, too risky.

She has 3lz-3lo and 3F-3lo combos videos on her instagram.

lanceupper1114

On the Ice
Definitely a stable loop combo for Rika would be the most beneficial jump upgrade she can make at this point, more so than the quad toe because it allows her two 3-3's with two 3A's and two 3Lz's, which is a huge point grab. I feel like the loop is her weakest jump in general tho, since I've seen her so many times lean off axis on that jump, which is also probably why she would forecast a quad before a loop combo.

In any case, I can't wait to see her on the senior circuit. She's Japan's next big superstar for sure.

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
I know that JSF doesn't publish the results of juniors tests but, can we have at least the list of the skaters who participate?