2018-19 Japanese Ladies' figure skating | Page 60 | Golden Skate

2018-19 Japanese Ladies' figure skating

Leonardo

Final Flight
not if the judges keep giving them the pcs they usually give them :noshake: :rolleye: but i'm rooting for the japanese girls to surprise everybody this year

Exactly. It's the reputation game. The japanese girls could perform cleaner, better, stronger and with much more artistry than the russians, but they will always be held back in comparison to Alina and Zhenya.

leoleo

Medalist
Since it's the beginning of the quad and there's no risk of losing an olympic spot, many skaters are taking risks. Making interesting music choices, coaching changes, upgrading layouts. I am very excited to see what the japanese girls have in store for us these upcoming seasons.

tsuyoboogie

"Dedicate your heart" & Slay like an Ackerman
Record Breaker
Just notice that Shiika Yoshioka is assigned to Ostrava with Nana Araki, and JSF filled Shiika previous assignment in Ljubljana with Yuna Aoki, and that's left Tomoe Kawabata with no 2nd assignment yet. If Yuna performs poorly i think Tomoe will have her 2nd assignment back or JSF may send her to Yerevan as well.

Tomoe doesn't have a second assignment already? i could swear i saw someone mention her getting a second assignment somewhere :shocked:

She had a second assignement but JSF gave her 2nd spot to someone else.

Tomoe was likely pulled from JGP Ostrava because Kanto Regionals take place that same week. Though Tomoe is not scheduled to compete until Tokyo Regionals the following week, her coach needs to be at Kanto block with
Kao Miura. (The child sort of sabotaged himself while Coach Tsuzuki (Nakako) was with Tomoe in Bratislava.)
Current assignments for the last two JGPs are obviously provisional. I expect Tomoe and possibly Yuhana will receive a second JGP.

skatenewbie

Medalist
Tomoe was likely pulled from JGP Ostrava because Kanto Regionals take place that same week. Though Tomoe is not scheduled to compete until Tokyo Regionals the following week, her coach needs to be at Kanto block with
Kao Miura. (The child sort of sabotaged himself while Coach Tsuzuki (Nakako) was with Tomoe in Bratislava.)
Current assignments for the last two JGPs are obviously provisional. I expect Tomoe and possibly Yuhana will receive a second JGP.
it all will depend on how Yuna and Rion did, because they both have 2nd assignment despite not yet skated. i think Nana and Moa assignment wont be changed.

leoleo

Medalist
Excited to see the japanese girls performances this weekend.
According to this small docu they aired on japanese tv, Marin's FS music is the vocal version of the lovers song :sad21:
https://twitter.com/marin_channel/status/1039891258691399680
it should be this one
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7pmQ4XIKw00
i'm pretty sad cause i love the instrumental version and i find the vocal version to be horrifying tbh! Well, it's not a tragedy, i'm still very excited to see her performances this season. Apparently her training with Raf focuses on jumps, which is what she needs the most tbh. She already has great skating skills. I really hope her jumps can become more consistent soon :luv17:

gossipcow

Rinkside
Just reading here that Wakaba has changed her LP to Four Seasons by Vivaldi!

Interesting, I wonder who the choreographer is? Musically, I like Four Seasons a lot more than Hymne à l'amour and depending on the specific pieces of Four Seasons used, the music might suit her better. Only concern is that Autumn Classic is next week, so the choreo would be rough/new.

Either way, looking forward to seeing it. So excited to see all the Japanese ladies starting their seasons this week and next.

cohkaix

FS data keeper
Medalist
Interesting, I wonder who the choreographer is?

Wakaba is having a media session to her open practice. In other news reports it confirms that the new FS is choreographed by S. Bourne.

Adding: the music selections are from 'winter' and 'summer', and the Stsq will go with 'summer' from four seasons.

leoleo

Medalist
YEAY I'm not like the biggest fan of four seasons but it's already better than anything by edith piaf! plus choreographed by Shaelyn>? YES go WAKABABY

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
Just reading here that Wakaba has changed her LP to Four Seasons by Vivaldi!

YAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I knew Wakababy would ditch Edith Piaf!!! Honestly, i think many people including herself knew that it won't be a good FS.
Now Shae, you better include the last 3 minutes of summer in music cuts.

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Hi folks,

Just a friendly blanket reminder :pray:

Please keep ALL competition chat in the Competition forums until the entire event is over. This includes scores, starting orders, elements, GOES, links to videos, etc.

You may discuss a skater's performance in their individual Fan Fest folder as long as you are not comparing them to other skaters or posting general event info until the competition is over.

Thanks for you understanding and for supporting Golden Skate!

leoleo

Medalist
Is Marin Honda planning on including 2A-Euler-3F in her program? Saw a video of it.

maybe she's upping her tech? she can repeat 3Lo instead 3T if she include that 2A-1Lo-3F or

I do hope she's upping her tech but only if she can perform her layout consistently throughout the season. I do not expect her to be medvedeva-like consistent but i'd really like her consistency to improve. Her pcs scores would improve a great deal if she didn't mess half of her performances all the time. I still have nightmare because of that time she got 60 in pcs score :sad4:

Reddi

Rinkside
Exactly. It's the reputation game. The japanese girls could perform cleaner, better, stronger and with much more artistry than the russians, but they will always be held back in comparison to Alina and Zhenya.

Name one japanese girl who was cleaner, better, stronger and had "much more artistry" than Alina last season?

Leonardo

Final Flight
Name one japanese girl who was cleaner, better, stronger and had "much more artistry" than Alina last season?

Wakaba Higuchi, most of the times they competed together. Lombardia, CoC and Worlds. And most of the times, she was still held back in pcs.