2018-19 Japanese Ladies' figure skating | Page 62 | Golden Skate

2018-19 Japanese Ladies' figure skating

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
Congrats to Rion. That was a good decision from JSF to give her Yuhana's 2nd spot.

Glad that Yuna and Rion landed -3lo combos (3lz-3lo + 3F-3lo).

Reddi

Rinkside
Lol. I will criticize the scoring and the reputation game whenever and wherever I find reasonable. You are clearly out of line here, making threats, insulting all the time, etc.
I won't respond to your posts anymore because they are getting personal, extremely insulting and are violating the forum guidelines, so not worthy.
Wish you the best.

So... absolutely nothing on the subject of the actual programs and scores? I thought so.
As for the post above I'll just say that someone who is so worked up about justice clearly should lie less.

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
Congrats to Rion. That was a good decision from JSF to give her Yuhana's 2nd spot.

I was really impressed to see both Japanese girls with -3Lo combos! And they both did them so well!

leoleo

Medalist
Rion really came out of nowhere, all the way from 7th to 3rd and snatched that bronze medal yaaas! :hap10:

I love watching the jpn ladies grow cause they usually tend to have slow but steady improvement and by the time they're seniors they're just fantastic.

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker
Lol. I will criticize the scoring and the reputation game whenever and wherever I find reasonable. You are clearly out of line here, making threats, insulting all the time, etc.
I won't respond to your posts anymore because they are getting personal, extremely insulting and are violating the forum guidelines, so not worthy.
Wish you the best.

Ongoing negativity and critique of Russian skaters especially those who win can backfire sometimes....Wakaba and Alina both have their strengths. Alina's strengths last season were more objective like jump difficulty and backloading.

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker
i really think the Japanese ladies re going to be a threat - led by Satoko and Wakaba but really they are deep in talent and generally are more artisitc. Japan has distinguished itself at this time as one of the two power countries - I won't include the US right now. It will be interesting to see who the JSF deems as the no. 1 lady

What do you mean "generally are more artistic"? The arythmetic mean of artistry of Japanese skaters measured by....is higher than that of the Russians?

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
If you want to talk about Russian skaters you can go on Russian thread. These posts are from 2 or 3 pages back.

Leonardo

Final Flight

Yes indeed. I was so sad for Yuhana, but Rion proved me wrong. I didn't think she had it in her.

rikaquegira

On the Ice
2018-19 State of Japanese Ladies skating

Urgh, what is all this???
I thought I would come here and see rainbows and butterflies and instead... all this ugliness!
Do you guys know that meme, “disappointeeeeeeed!” ?
[emoji23]

Anyway, I haven’t watched all the Japanese ladies performances from this weekend.
One thing I wanted to ask, why Rika-chan doesn’t have any Challengers? I thought it could do her good because she seems to be a nervous skater sometimes, maybe getting out there early in the season could make her calmer, it would be more experience for her. [emoji848]

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
Anyway, I haven’t watched all the Japanese ladies performances from this weekend.
One thing I wanted to ask, why Rika-chan doesn’t have any Challengers? I thought it could do her good because she seems to be a nervous skater sometimes, maybe getting out there early in the season could make her calmer, it would be more experience for her. [emoji848]

She has the Ondrej Nepela.

Leonardo

Final Flight
I wish the other 6 spots go: 2 for Nana, 1 for Rion, 1 for Yoshioka and the remaining 2 for Yuhana and Tomoe. Imho they are japanese strongest juniors. But overall I'm disappointed with the current generation of jpn juniors :(

rikaquegira

On the Ice
She has the Ondrej Nepela.

OMG! [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]
where is my mind??
I totally forgot about Ondrej Nepela! For some reason, in my head, Ondrej was a GP assignment! [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] Total lapse here! 🤦🏻*♀️ I’m going crazy! [emoji12]

leoleo

Medalist
Can we please keep this thread about the japanese girls only? :bow: i ran away from the russian ladies thread because of how lowkey insulting some users there are about non-russians skaters, please let me find a safe place where i can talk about my favorite skaters without drama :drama:

Rika is indeed competing next week. I really hate the camera work there, it's absolutely atrocious!

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
Yes the quality of videos is not great.
At least Autumn classic videos will be better, so we will have a good view of Wakaba and Yura's programs that we haven't seen yet.

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
I wish the other 6 spots go: 2 for Nana, 1 for Rion, 1 for Yoshioka and the remaining 2 for Yuhana and Tomoe. Imho they are japanese strongest juniors. But overall I'm disappointed with the current generation of jpn juniors :(

I think this generation is the 2nd chance generation. Because almost all girls struggle to qualify for JGP last season or didn't get good results. Most of them are 15-16yo. Nana is the only one who did well last year in JGP and had an overall good season.

leoleo

Medalist
Does anyone know why Marin Honda withdrew from US classic? Is she not ready or injured or anything else?

was she supposed to attend? :think: i just checked and she's going to nebelhorn trophy

Satoko's FS is really beautiful WOW (the one glove hand is weird tho :laugh:), that is a real tango (also how random was it that they added four seasons in the music cuts) she had a rough start but ended so beautifully! that 2A-3T at the end was a blessing! i just love how smooth her skating is. I love all the ladies from the last group at US classic but you can see just how light her skating is compared to them and how connected her steps look. I honestly hope they'll start giving her the pcs scores she deserves. I'm fine with her UR jumps being called, just reward her for how fantastic the quality of her skating is :dev2:

mermaidfestavol3

On the Ice
I thought that Yuna Shiraiwa was really very lovely. Love the music choice and I'm glad I watched her performance even though the score was so low. Really, I thought the tech calls were a bit harsh but this program is really nice, I think it has a lot of potential that we didn't get to see last season.

Obviously Satoko was amazing as well; congrats on the win! Indeed it was a rough start but she did get into the flow of things. This program is so sharp and mature, and I think the drama of it will really register well later on in the season. I think her 2A is really improved, at least the most noticeably. Her first 2A+3T was really quite high and nice, and the 3F has obviously improved to the point where she's confident to attach a combo to it.

DanseMacabre

Final Flight
Country
Iceland
Satoko's FS is really beautiful WOW (the one glove hand is weird tho :laugh:), that is a real tango (also how random was it that they added four seasons in the music cuts) she had a rough start but ended so beautifully!

Pretty sure she's using Invierno Porteño from Estaciones Porteñas (aka The Four Seasons of Buenos Aires) in which Piazzolla riffs on Vivaldi's Four Seasons so it's not weird at all.

I like the program a lot...I think it has a lot of potential. It had a rough start here but I really admired the way she pulled it together and rallied. Here's hoping she's justly awarded in PCS as the season progresses.

cohkaix

FS data keeper
Medalist
Does anyone know why Marin Honda withdrew from US classic? Is she not ready or injured or anything else?

Marin was never assigned to US classic to begin with and she's been assigned to Nebelhorn for CS. I think it has to do with that since she's not invited to JO, there's no better way to void her from regional competition (Marin has made a change of her club to JAL and thus should compete in Tokyo regional), other than sending her to a CS competition near Tokyo regional. And the choices include either Nebelhorn or Finlandia.